• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] The Last of Us Part 2: PS4 vs PS4 Pro Comparison + Performance Testing + Initial Thoughts

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Well no. Devs didint made that option, all hope for ps5 patch only.

Well, damn. Maybe Sony prohibited Naughty Dog from enabling that option in order to incentivize people to get a PS5 in order to enjoy that level of performance from the game. Or maybe the PS4 Pro can't render the game at 60 fps even at only 1080p. Which do you think is the case?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well, damn. Maybe Sony prohibited Naughty Dog from enabling that option in order to incentivize people to get a PS5 in order to enjoy that level of performance from the game. Or maybe the PS4 Pro can't render the game at 60 fps even at only 1080p. Which do you think is the case?
Well the reason the original TLOU runs 60 FPS on PS3 because even with better visuals it still PS3 game, while Part 2 straight up PS4 game and pushing that system's limits, same way original game did on PS3.

scalman

They just dont make those type games go for 60fps would need too much downgrades i guess, they could maybe but just wont do it. I thought too that all pro patched games will have many options but devs just didint bother i guess. Dont think there is a lot games that got 60fps patch for pro. Its not that much more powerfull

Shin

Banned
Despite the theme of the game and me not liking it, the game looks beautiful for a machine that was released in 2013.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They just dont make those type games go for 60fps would need too much downgrades i guess, they could maybe but just wont do it. I thought too that all pro patched games will have many options but devs just didint bother i guess. Dont think there is a lot games that got 60fps patch for pro. Its not that much more powerfull

CPU wise no, it is more powerful, but not that much (it shows you what difference it makes having 500 MHz more on CPU’s, GPU wise is more than twice as fast with lots of new features as it is a GCN revision and a half ahead of the base PS4’s GPU family) and few developers went for anything but easy brute force improvements in either X1X or PS4 Pro console... you also have tons of PS4 owners and they wanted to make sure they game was optimal on that first and then tweaked for better IQ on Pro.

That is what happens on mid generation updates and not full generation jumps (in terms of developer focus too: there is no and cannot be any PS4 Pro exclusive game, vast majority of users is on the base console and you need to ensure those users are happy as you prepare your next generation model).

Kagey K

Banned
I called it back at E3 two years ago. The animations were fake, and they outright denied it in every form they could.

I said they would be limited to playable cutscenes, and I was right.

The animations aren’t even close to the same fidelity in any sort of “gameplay” moments, so I feel pretty vindicated about now.

Top Bottom