• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Valkyria Chronicles PS4 vs PS3 vs PC

Woah it is not that serious lad :3.

PS4 version had better results so ps4 won? am I not allowed to stat facts :D

Which is the reason why we're having a discussion after all ?
So let's me sum up the situation.
You're the one who's:
-Calling out a poster on saying about downsampling, claiming "PS4 is better" later edited to "PS4 is better at 1080p"
-Calling out any attempt to discuss this thread defensive
-Tries to shutdown any conversation with the likes of "PS4 won"

Can you remind me who's being defensive in the end ? :")

Now if you're willing to have a civilized discussion without calling out on people but rather on argument, we can discuss over the fact that the AF advantage for PS4 isn't a substantial one because of AFx16 being possible to be forced at driver level on the PC version. We can discuss over the fact that the IQ advantage isnt a substantial one because of downsampling. We can discuss over the missing reflections on the PS4 version. We can discuss about the lower LoD on the PC version too.

This is a DF thread, people are here to discuss a tech analysis, not to proclaim "my platform won !!!! "

TheFlow

Banned
Which is the reason why we're having a discussion after all ?
So let's me sum up the situation.
You're the one who's:
-Calling out a poster on saying about downsampling, claiming "PS4 is better" later edited to "PS4 is better at 1080p"
-Calling out any attempt to discuss this thread defensive
-Tries to shutdown any conversation with the likes of "PS4 won"

Can you remind me who's being defensive in the end ? :")

Now if you're willing to have a civilized discussion without calling out on people but rather on argument, we can discuss over the fact that the AF advantage for PS4 isn't a substantial one because of AFx16 being possible to be forced at driver level on the PC version. We can discuss over the fact that the IQ advantage isnt a substantial one because of downsampling. We can discuss over the missing reflections on the PS4 version. We can discuss about the lower LoD on the PC version too.

This is a DF thread, people are here to discuss a tech analysis, not to proclaim "my platform won !!!! "
You are putting so much effort into this..cute :3.

PS4 won the comparison, my post are in line with that. good try I guess?
edit:no need to get defensive about it lad. PS4 only users get a quality port.

bathsalts

Woah it is not that serious lad :3.

PS4 version had better results so ps4 won? am I not allowed to stat facts :D

Eh but he's saying that the downsampled or modded version do in fact look better, also facts, is he not allowed to say that? dont be so defensive now :p

If you would like we can put an asterisk on PS4 won* :p

*only at 1080p when compared to ps3, non modded, or easily downsampled pc versions. :D

This would be a little more factual and you seem to be in a huff about stating facts so lets go with that. Great :D :D :D

You are putting so much effort into this..cute :3.

PS4 won the comparison, my post are in line with that. good try I guess?

That's called a discussion. An argument. :p
Then again, if you can't handle this, why even come to this thread in the first place ?
Or maybe you just want to call out on users instead of arguments ? If you're trying to turn this into an ad hominem, you're in the wrong place here.

TheFlow

Banned
Eh but he's saying that the downsampled or modded version do in fact look better, also facts, is he not allowed to say that? dont be so defensive now :p

If you would like we can put an asterisk on PS4 won* :p

*only at 1080p when compared to ps3, non modded, or easily downsampled pc versions. :D

This would be a little more factual and you seem to be in a huff about stating facts so lets go with that. Great :D :D :D

I am not being defensive lol. I

That's called a discussion. An argument. :p
Then again, if you can't handle this, why even come to this thread in the first place ?
Or maybe you just want to call out on users instead of arguments ? If you're trying to turn this into an ad hominem, you're in the wrong place here.
Which user have I called out? cute

Grief.exe

DF didn't force AF in drivers?

LiEBRhV.png

Tagyhag

Knew the pro PC people come in to declare how much better the PC version is.

Can't let the console port get any positive attention can't we?

Everyone is saying that it's a great port.

However, if someone is going to say the PS4 version is the definitive version, are others not allowed to ask why or provide counterpoints?

I never understood some Sony fans' obsession with making sure that people didn't know what version was the best version unless it's the PS4. We see that in every DF thread.

You're purposely misleading people from a better version of a game for what? Loyalty?

TheFlow

Banned
Everyone is saying that it's a great port.

However, if someone is going to say the PS4 version is the definitive version, are others not allowed to ask why or provide counterpoints?

I never understood some Sony fans' obsession with making sure that people didn't know what version was the best version unless it's the PS4. We see that in every DF thread.

You're purposely misleading people from a better version of a game for what? Loyalty?
True, but you would still get the same experience from either version. So why not tell someone to get the ps4 version to encourage them bringing over the new VC for pc.
edit:unless the pc version is on sale then buy it asap. I am doing my part.

True, but you would still get the same experience from either version. So why not tell someone to get the ps4 version to encourage them bringing over the new VC for pc.

This isnt what this thread is about then again. If you're thinking DF analysis are meant to full your little console war, you're wrong. No one is here to tell you which version you should buy to support X platform. You have a PS3 ? Get the PS3 version. You have a PC ? Get the PC version. A PS4 Get the PS4 version. All the platforms ? Get the version you want.

People here are arguing about tech facts.

Tagyhag

edit:unless the pc version is on sale then buy it asap. I am doing my part.

If you wanna play vanilla VC definitely, you can't go wrong with any version, even PS3, it's still awesome there.

But man, I have yet to meet a fan of VC that thought vanilla was superior to Gallian Crossfire.

It makes it such a better game. And if someone really wants the best VC experience, it's hard to justify the PS4 version while that mod exists.

Kind of like XCOM, can't go wrong with either version (Hell, it controls better on a controller) but you have to go with PC for Long War if you're a true fan.

Gurnlei

Way better port than I was expecting.

Would've liked another comparison showing the PC downsampled and having some tweaks that could make it really shine though.

TheFlow

Banned
This isnt what this thread is about then again. If you're thinking DF analysis are meant to full your little console war, you're wrong. No one is here to tell you which version you should buy to support X platform. You have a PS3 ? Get the PS3 version. You have a PC ? Get the PC version. A PS4 Get the PS4 version. All the platforms ? Get the version you want.

People here are arguing about tech facts.
You have spent 2 pages attempting to "argue" with me over this. Let it go lad.

TheFlow

Banned
If you wanna play vanilla VC definitely, you can't go wrong with any version, even PS3, it's still awesome there.

But man, I have yet to meet a fan of VC that thought vanilla was superior to Gallian Crossfire.

It makes it such a better game. And if someone really wants the best VC experience, it's hard to justify the PS4 version while that mod exists.

Kind of like XCOM, can't go wrong with either version (Hell, it controls better on a controller) but you have to go with PC for Long War if you're a true fan.
IMO Gallian crossifre is more fitting for a NG+. Best VC exp is vanilla run through. exp it like everyone else lol

Should I buy this on the PS4 or my PC with a 980 Ti?
PC version and save 10 bucks

ps4 if want the best looking steelcase.

both versions include all the dlc.

Took two pictures from Chapter 03: Vasel Urban Warfare. The only thing changed is resolution. I just loaded up the chapter and picked Rosie for the screenshot, if a person did this for PS4 it would be useful for comparison. Also, in motion I would say it looks a good deal better at downscaled 4K (and it is trivial to do it as well, the game performs very well).

1920x1080 PC:
http://abload.de/img/1920h5s4t.png

3840x2160 PC:
http://abload.de/img/3840bzsn8.png

1920x1080 PC Downscale:
https://abload.de/img/1920x1080downscalelnq8x.png

Edit: Replaced with lossless images. Added downscale.

TheFlow

Banned
Took two pictures from Chapter 03: Vasel Urban Warfare. The only thing changed is resolution. I just loaded up the chapter and picked Rosie for the screenshot, if a person did this for PS4 it would be useful for comparison. Also, in motion I would say it looks a good deal better at downscaled 4K (and it is trivial to do it as well, the game performs very well).

1920x1080 PC:
http://i.imgur.com/77Gwq20.jpg

3840x2160 PC:
http://i.imgur.com/DRiBoxM.jpg

yea the artstyle for this game makes the differences small.

lol don't get salty now.

it is not that serious though :p

:eek:)
As for not being that serious, 4xSSAA, which is basically 4k downsampled to 1080p is a serious improvement in term of IQ though.
As for the artstyle not benefitting it, any game benefits from higher IQ.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I don't even have a gaming PC and TheFlow's posts and console wars crap are so cringe worthy.

On topic, it's good to see a quality port. I forgot about the steelbook when it was delivered so that was a nice surprise.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't even have a gaming PC and TheFlow's posts and console wars crap are so cringe worthy.

On topic, it's good to see a quality port. I forgot about the steelbook when it was delivered so that was a nice surprise.
I am not even discussing console wars? and just told someone to buy the pc version since it is better but ok good shitpost

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I was under the assumption it was bestbuy exclusive for some reason so I was surprised as well. A nice bonus!

Arklite

It might look better on some places, but PS4 version lacks water reflections compared to PC:

Lyu6aZa.png

I got my copy yesterday and couldn't be happier. One of the best games I've ever played.

That's a shame they didn't add that for this port, would've been a nice extra if not too taxing. These remasters make me wish for a Canvas engine 2.0.

TheFlow

Banned
That's a shame they didn't add that for this port, would've been a nice extra if not too taxing. These remasters make me wish for a Canvas engine 2.0.

yea I played that earlier today and didn't even notice but now it is going to be bugg me everytime.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

It's sad that it only got used on one game since I think another title would have built upon it really well.

Gaf, how's the story in VC?
Probably late to answer, but it's cheesy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's enjoyable but they also tackle racism very awkwardly, seems to be Jewish vs nazis prejudice more than anything.

Having said that as far Anime-styled stories go it's fun. There's romance and it develops more naturally than most Anime which surprised me the first time.

TheFlow

Banned
Probably late to answer, but it's cheesy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's enjoyable but they also tackle racism very awkwardly, seems to be Jewish vs nazis prejudice more than anything.

Having said that as far Anime-styled stories go it's fun. There's romance and it develops more naturally than most Anime which surprised me the first time.
pretty much.

the story is solid.

Kudo

Great port from Sega, makes me actually want to triple dip now!
Never finished the game cause for some reason it just feels so heavy, doesn't really help that I know what's going to happen thanks to the anime.
I'm already holding back the tears.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

'anime styled stories'. 'most anime'.

Eh, i always have a problem with this particular distinction, it always annoys me that literally everything remotely anime or manga based gets boxed into a small category that isn't all that large when its not a fair occurrence IMO.

There's tons of different stories and takes on writing out there.

Sure, there's a huge difference between VC and VC2 in terms of quality in every aspect including story and characters, but even that is only two types of a kind of writing out of many.

TheFlow

Banned
Great port from Sega, makes me actually want to triple dip now!
Never finished the game cause for some reason it just feels so heavy, doesn't really help that I know what's going to happen thanks to the anime.
I'm already holding back the tears.
This will be my 3-4th play through. The later missions take a tad longer to a rank

Mugen08

In conclusion:
PS3-version is one of the best and most memorable games last gen, only made better in the PC- and PS4-versions. Go get it if you haven't!

Top Bottom