- Dec 3, 2018
- DF Confirms there was a "high frame rate" mode for SX (60 fps/1080p) in the preview build, which was taken out of the final game.
- "Normal" mode runs at 1440p/60 fps on both PS5/SX, 900p/30 on Series S
- "High Resolution Mode" runs at 4K/30 on PS5/SX, 1440p/30 on Series S
- PS5 and SX look identical in terms of textures, pop-in etc.
- The only difference is in shadow filtering. PS5 draws darker thicker lines. DF is not sure which is the intended method.
- Series X to S shows a starker difference. Series S's chosen AA struggles to keep up at 900p/60. Shadow quality is lower but only slightly. Bokeh DoF during scenes is also lower resolution.
- DF also throw in a brief PC comparison regarding how taxing the engine is.
- 1440p/60 FPS "Normal" mode is the recommended mode on both PS5 and SX.
- In their 5 hrs of testing DF can only replicate minor drops in combat with high alpha effects, otherwise its mostly a lock on both.
- Series S is prone to bigger drops in battle but traversal is locked at 60.
- All arcade games run at 60hz too, except Space Harrier which locks to 56fps.
- 4K/30 is prone to improper frame pacing and big skill moves can cause big hits to 20 FPS. Same on SX, PS5 and. Same for Series S at 1440p/30.
- DF recommends sticking to 60 FPS as 30 FPS output feels sluggish and makes prompts in combat and karaoke etc harder to respond to.
- Loading 'fade to blacks' are identical across the systems.