• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Yooka-Laylee 2 60fps on all systems, up to 4K on Xbox One X

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Starting this tonight. My xbox box says 4k ultra HD, so, confused about this...? Will watch the vid in a bit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So basically, OP is full of shit

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I just watched the video, and here’s the low down:

the pro version is shite. There. I said it. it’s 1080p same as the other consoles and it’s textures look like ass, as well as using awful filtering.

The X runs mostly 4k nearly all the time and looks superb.

PS4/Xbox one seem pretty much on par.
Switch runs about as good as you would expect, resolution wise.

All versions aim for and usually hit 60fps. It’s just the switch version that doesn’t quite always hit it, the others are perfect. And that’s the important part.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And you are a piece of shit cause you obviously not watched the video.
You originally claimed that all consoles ran at "1080poo" which is factually incorrect. Yes, I watched the video.

I understand the salt though, I'd be pretty upset too if I was expecting to play this game in 4K on a PS4 Pro. Maybe there will be a patch later on?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
DKC2 is life man. It’s likely my all time fave game. And this game... it’s awesome. The whole feeling and atmosphere of it is just damn near perfect.

let’s put it this way...

It’s more of a DKC game than tropical freeze. Easily.
Fuck that game.
It was nothing like the original dkc 1 2 and 3.
2 is life 😌

Now i really want to try this game.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
You originally claimed that all consoles ran at "1080poo" which is factually incorrect. Yes, I watched the video.

I understand the salt though, I'd be pretty upset too if I was expecting to play this game in 4K on a PS4 Pro. Maybe there will be a patch later on?
No i never did, i put 1080poo on pro in the thread title originally and that got completely changed, i presume by mods.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who ? Me no speak England. i'm just trying to inject a bit of humor into thread, so i take it you don't see 1080p a shit resolution for this type of game on Pro ?

:messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

Damn, 1080p just can't catch a break. It was a resolution that didn't really matter to one camp in 2013, now it's just total shit.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Ok serious question, how's the PS4 and Xbox one playing this perfect 1080p60 yet the PS4 pro is stuck on the same res and perf, and the devs said they can't do much about it, yet they did for the X? What's going on?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Okay, jokes about 1080poo aside (which I'm still chuckling at), the brief music clips I've heard have been like... really good. I was not expecting this.

Stuart360

If the PS4, and especially the XB1, can hit 1080p/60, the Pro should be able to hit 1440p easily. I can hit 4k/60 on my 980ti, with gpu usage in the 60-70% range.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is brilliant.

Don’t mind me, I’m just sat here enjoying people moaning about why Pro gets the shaft this time. As an X user, I’m used to being an after thought most of the time, with games either being exactly on par as Pro, or somehow performing worse.

Please, continue.

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
This game is brilliant. Being able to transform the levels and the Zelda style overworld and capability to challenge the final boss at any time is 🔥🔥🔥

can’t wait to see people speed run this

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is brilliant.

Don’t mind me, I’m just sat here enjoying people moaning about why Pro gets the shaft this time. As an X user, I’m used to being an after thought most of the time, with games either being exactly on par as Pro, or somehow performing worse.

Please, continue.

It is an oppo repeat of the gen prior, with 360 and PS3.

iconmaster

Banned
Some of the reviews point out the final level (the titular Lair) is 15 minutes long with no check points and brutally difficult. That doesn't sound fun to me.

Seems like a shame.

Technically speaking, though, Playtonic did a great job.

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
Some of the reviews point out the final level (the titular Lair) is 15 minutes long with no check points and brutally difficult. That doesn't sound fun to me.

Seems like a shame.

Technically speaking, though, Playtonic did a great job.
As you save bees in normal levels those bees go with you and count as hits, so by the end you should have plenty of insulation against the impossible lair. It’s not that crazy there are finished runs on YouTube already.

Top Bottom