• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
My launch day group consists of a guy who is playing monk. I need to convince him that Barbarian in better, so I can play monk. The main 2 reasons he is going Monk over Barb is 1) Monk is kickin rad and 2) he used to always play Barb in D2.

I must have my Monk day one, and I don't really want double up classes in the group....

I will duo with a friend that day, i will play monk beside what he play.

:D

Suairyu

Banned
My launch day group consists of a guy who is playing monk. I need to convince him that Barbarian in better, so I can play monk. The main 2 reasons he is going Monk over Barb is 1) Monk is kickin rad and 2) he used to always play Barb in D2.

I must have my Monk day one, and I don't really want double up classes in the group....
So both play Monk. Unlike WoW, you're not really confined to 'roles' when grouped. All are solo-viable, thus all are multi-viable, even duplicates.

Besides, you can roleplay that your order sent a pair of monks to investigate the problem.

Real life, I guess. tsk tsk

11 days here too.

Good point. I need girlfriend brownie points for when I inevitably ignore her to play. But luckily she shares an office with me and me and my workmates only talk about 2 things these days: Work and Diablo 3. I think she's accepting of the idea that the first week will be Diablo 3 heavy.

I don't see how having two of the same class will be an issue at launch, unless you're one of those people trying to run optimal parties for whatever reason.

I just like being unique! and sharing the loot is easier when you don't have to figure out which monk to donate monk specific loot that dropped for a non monk.
Maybe I can strong arm him into thinking that two of the one class in a group is lame and insist that I've been waiting since the monk was announced to play as one on release day >:D

I'm aware that a whole team of monks is still perfectly viable to play as, it just seems a waste of 2 other good classes not to get a good variety of spells in the group.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Double up. Double Auras. Double Healings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Im a couple hours into Walking Dead episode 1, but I think I need another new game to tide me over (and finish) in the 11 days before D3 comes out. Any Suggestions?

I've been on an x-files binge.
Also Asura's Wrath, but I don't think that'll last me that long.

Velocity

So I just watched the hour long GDC 2012 panel on 'The Art of Diablo'. Anyone that's been following D3 development for a while will have already seen a few things in there, but it was still a very good watch or at least a good time waster for an hour. I'm still blown away by how awesome the design for Azmodan is, and that the Witch Doctor is taller than the Barb. Awesome.

Twinduct

Working and playing BF3 until his majesty the D3 standard edition arrives :<
My retailer is having a midnight launch, where you could win a CE edition by dressing up.

Tempted, but also so lazy :|

People are seriously going to play HC first without playing softcore?

Also HC is going to suck balls without some disconnect safety net. Not a get out of jail free card, but at least something that preserves the game state.

I guess you could play HC with a buddy and have him protect you..?

99%

People are seriously going to play HC first without playing softcore?

Also HC is going to suck balls without some disconnect safety net. Not a get out of jail free card, but at least something that preserves the game state.

I guess you could play HC with a buddy and have him protect you..?

Any HC disconnect net would be exploited.

IceMarker

Alright guys, pending ZealousD, currently HenryHSH, Nacire, and CarbonatedFalcon all have the ability to add people to the NeoGAF Diablo III Battletag List! If you post your battletag, location, and/or favorite class, one of us will pop you on there. I'll still be managing the list from adding names to keeping the list looking pleasing to the eye, I've already had some ideas bounced off me from my new assistants which hopefully will lead to a more useful and informative list close to/after release.

Thanks again, look forward to the pre-release infographic on May 14th, and keep posting!

Alright guys, pending ZealousD, currently HenryHSH, Nacire, and CarbonatedFalcon all have the ability to add people to the NeoGAF Diablo III Battletag List! If you post your battletag, location, and/or favorite class, one of us will pop you on there. I'll still be managing the list from adding names to keeping the list looking pleasing to the eye, I've already had some ideas bounced off me from my new assistants which hopefully will lead to a more useful and informative list close to/after release.

Thanks again, look forward to the pre-release infographic on May 14th, and keep posting!

Looks snazzy! Might as well update mine to say I'm Australian and to say Monk (but it won't always be) :)

Twinduct

Yay! Asked my online retailer if they could send me the D3 serial key on the morning of the 15th (The delivery usually takes place at around 3 in the afternoon) and they said they would!

Now I can finally apply for leave!

Sniff, only one from Africa here I guess :<
Although I connect to the Eu server, so should be fine :p

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yay! Asked my online retailer if they could send me the D3 serial key on the morning of the 15th (The delivery usually takes place at around 3 in the afternoon) and they said they would!

Now I can finally apply for leave!

Sniff, only one from Africa here I guess :<
Although I connect to the Eu server, so should be fine :p

Ask him to send on the 14 so you can play at launch :)

Twinduct

Ask him to send on the 14 so you can play at launch :)

I actually did (considering there is some midnight launch, assumed I could get it in the wee hours). They said no :<

But it's still like an 8 hour gain though.
I'll enjoy reading the 'Can't log in!? Server Down' messages until then :p

99%

I think in the official Blizz vids theres a bit more zing to the chakram.

This must be some old build as they say "Soul Harvest" is a high level skill.

injurai

Banned
Most of those look pretty awesome, that demon hunter chakram looks yucky though.

Yeah I despise the look of it. It lacks precision and floats around in an unnatural manner. I think its completely silly. It's the only move so far that I don't like however, so blizzard has done good.

Aesthet1c

Chakram is a great skill not sure why they show just one on screen at a time though. Having multiplle chakrams out is really devastating.

Yeah I'm sure they just show one Chakram at a time so people can see what the skill looks like. While it does make them look somewhat abysmal, I imagine spamming a screen full of monsters with runed Chakrams is pretty potent.

I tried all the characters in the beta and only liked the Barb and Monk. I have always hated ranged characters in RPGs.

Wizard is a good safe ranged class because everything looks flashy.
WD, while I wasn't really impressed, managed to dish out the damage with some basic attacks. That stab animation is brutal!
Demon Hunter is growing on me, especially with Rapid Fire being a lower level skill than before.

ExReey

Battletag: PearlChoco#1798
Class: Barbarian

BigAT

So if I played the beta will I need to reinstall when the game comes out or will the beta client just patch to beta? Is there any point to still having the beta installed on my system?

So if I played the beta will I need to reinstall when the game comes out or will the beta client just patch to beta? Is there any point to still having the beta installed on my system?

Totally separate. If you pre-purchase digitally it's 2 separate downloads under your battle.net account. Digital is a much smaller download.

Xdrive05

Need advice... DH or WD? To be partied with:

1) A wizard and monk.

2) A barb and monk.

Thanks. :)

Edit: in terms of usefulness to the group

chris-013

Both options are good but the WD has better buffs...

I will play 2 characters at the release, DH + ?
WD will be easy to play with the pets but I think a barbarian tank can be interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom