• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.

Concept17

As awesome as this is, I don't really want in it. I want the whole game to be fresh on release. Looking forward to any new info this brings of course.

God Enel

tumblr_lcpimmPq0s1qbhg84.gif

want :((

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.

anod1zed

Neo Member
Ahh now that would make my weekend. I'm going to put my money on it being F&F currently. We minions will probably get in the next couple of weeks.

TUSR

Banned
honestly didn't think you could beg for beta keys... the D3 beta codes are associated with your battle.net account on purpose so there isn't key selling...

Desaan

butts said:
It is just the Friends & Family beta starting guys, not the real one.

But I've been giving Blizzard lots of money for years, surely that makes us good friends by now?

No?

:(

dgenx

so the list will be useless? D:

Artadius

Trading one Star Wars The Old Republic beta account for a Diablo 3 beta account if any of you have access to extra keys (or a contact on the inside who can auth my b.net account).

PM me if interested.

Squire Felix said:
honestly didn't think you could beg for beta keys... the D3 beta codes are associated with your battle.net account on purpose so there isn't key selling...

People who are added directly by Blizzard will automatically have the game show up in their battle.net account and it'll already be attached... no key.

They will still be giving out keys though like they did with SC2 for contests, giveaways, and other methods.

CaLe

Artadius said:
Trading one Star Wars The Old Republic beta account for a Diablo 3 beta account if any of you have access to extra keys.

PM me if interested.

I'm pretty sure you should remove that post.

kagete

I just ran the beta profiler on my work PC. Pentium 4, Matrox G430, 2 GB of RAM and WinXP will hopefully get me in this beta. I figure everyone with a recent PC has already submitted their profile so hopefully this one stands out!

Artadius

bigdaddygamebot said:
Why are people running off to check Battlenet when they could just...check their email?

Because with SC2, folks were seeing the beta in their battle.net games menu a day or two prior to receiving the actual email.

Sophia

ultron87 said:
Their streaming downloader thing is an unsung marvel.

Being able to start installing WoW on a computer and not have to wait a million hours for 20+ gigs (that's a random guess at how big WoW is) to download is great.

31.8 Gigs. =P

Sethos

Banned
Artadius said:
Because with SC2, folks were seeing the beta in their battle.net games menu a day or two prior to receiving the actual email.

I never even got an E-mail, it just popped up in my Battle.net account.

butts said:
It is just the Friends & Family beta starting guys, not the real one.

Yeah I'm thinking this guy is right. I can't find any info on this beyond the picture in the first post and one thread floating around the official forum (and one fansite suggesting fansite codes went out, too). This is a leak, not a beta. They said they'd announce it first.

Still nice to know things are moving along! Hopefully they'll let the rest of us plebes in by the end of the month. :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did you guys get e-mails or did you just check your battle.net accounts? No e-mail here, and my authenticator (key chain one) is at home for me to log into B.Net :/

Brettison said:
Did you guys get e-mails or did you just check your battle.net accounts? No e-mail here, and my authenticator (key chain one) is at home for me to log into B.Net :/
So far no one in this thread has confirmed getting in. It's not even confirmed that invites went out to people outside of the F&F beta.

It's quite interesting to see how fast people will take a load to the face for a key once they think the beta is starting.

Yeah, this is the internal beta testing (F&F), still I guess it's good news, the beta might still actually start by the end of September.

Gav47

Logged into battle.net, saw I didn't get in, felt bad.
Remembered EU beta starts later, felt better.

Edit: read kingsluck's post, felt silly.

This can't be real can it? Diablofans.com doesn't mention it being sent out to public yet, so I'm kinda not believing this quite yet.

Artadius

StickSoldier said:
This can't be real can it? Diablofans.com doesn't mention it being sent out to public yet, so I'm kinda not believing this quite yet.

It has definitely not been sent out to public yet. I'm sure media aren't in yet either as they would likely not have any pre-closed beta NDA. There MIGHT be Blizzard Friends & Family in at this point... so this could be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom