• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Diablo 3 listed for Xbox One at Best Buy

shinobi602

Sep 28, 2010
www.twitter.com

Currently, Diablo III for Xbox One is available to pre-order at Best Buy Canada and Best Buy subsidiary Futureshop with cover art claiming that the game is 'coming soon'. The listing could be placeholder while we wait for an official announcement declaring that Diablo III is coming to Xbox One, or it could be the real deal. It's probably the former.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...I-Listed-For-Xbox-One-on-Best-Buy-Canada.html

nrvalleytime

Feb 20, 2013
This is good news for any one who hasn't played it yet, but do we really need another version of this game? Next-gen or not, I hope there's some new content to justify a repurchase.

I suspected this might happen, but D3 on 360 was a great experience - just not sure I need to replay it that badly on a next-gen console.

Probably stealth. It feels like they have a marketing agreement with Sony.

Interesting. Wonder if that extends to DLC or expansion packs as well.

Dynamic3

Feb 18, 2009
Assuming there is performance parity with the PS4 version, I would actually go X1 for this as it's the perfect game to snap some TV with.

Suzushiiro

Banned
Aug 7, 2013
New York, NY
I wonder- is them acting like there's not going to be an Xbox version and then later on going "oh btw we're also on Xbox" due to moneyhatting, or did they just honestly not decide to make the Xbox versions until later?

styl3s

Nov 8, 2009
I didn't know it wasn't coming to Xbox One. Wouldn't make any sense to be an exclusive.
Did anyone ever think it was an exclusive to begin with? D3 came to both 360 and PS3, it's just Sony was pushing and advertising it more.

Forsythia

Aug 7, 2011
The Netherlands
Probably stealth. It feels like they have a marketing agreement with Sony.

Oh yeah, that 'strategic partnership'. :/

As long as the game releases on X1 and includes the expansion, I'm happy. I hope we can import characters from the 360 version, though, but knowing MS, it probably won't happen.

CalebW

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
I wonder- is them acting like there's not going to be an Xbox version and then later on going "oh btw we're also on Xbox" due to moneyhatting, or did they just honestly not decide to make the Xbox versions until later?

It seems to be following the pattern of the PS3 and 360 versions, which would indicate moneyhat. Hopefully there's not a huge difference in performance between the two versions this time around.

Xer0

May 8, 2013
Are there any rumors of a release date for the next gen versions? Would love to play it again on PS4.

bidguy

Banned
Feb 5, 2013
I remember reading that the PS4 version would include the base game and Reaper of Souls. $60 for both is pretty good IMO.

its a good deal if you never played the console version
i already played through the 360 version so ill pick it up used or when the price drops.

CalebW

Banned
Dec 23, 2013

JoshHood

Mar 8, 2012
York, UK
Assuming there is performance parity with the PS4 version, I would actually go X1 for this as it's the perfect game to snap some TV with.
Similarly, assuming parity, I'd go with the PS4 version as this seems to be the perfect game to remote play with some TV on ;)

Son Of D

Sep 18, 2013
Is anyone surprised at this? PS3/4 versions get the spotlight with stealth announcements of 360/One.

CalebW

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
No they only confirmed 360, PS3 and PS4. I thought this would be a similar situation like Injustice Ultimate Edition (came out for 360, PS3 and PS4)

Actually for months they only confirmed PS3 and PS4. Then in the summer the 360 version appeared on some Italian retailer sites.

Matriox

Oct 27, 2013
Actually for months they only confirmed PS3 and PS4. Then in the summer the 360 version appeared on some Italian retailer sites.

I think I remember this, thought it was weird to annound PS3/PS4 (i think it was E3?) and then really close to release Blizzard announced 360 version too on their site.

kurbaan

Banned
Mar 4, 2013
When is the PS4 version even coming out? Isn't this like the perfect times since there are barely and new ps4 games.

SEGAvangelist

May 18, 2007
I think I remember this, thought it was weird to annound PS3/PS4 (i think it was E3?) and then really close to release Blizzard announced 360 version too on their site.

Yeah, this seems like a really weird deal. Like Sony paid Blizzard to not even announce the MS versions of D3 until a certain date. Has that ever been done before with another game?

Matriox

Oct 27, 2013
Yeah, this seems like a really weird deal. Like Sony paid Blizzard to not even announce the MS versions of D3 until a certain date. Has that ever been done before with another game?

Up until they actually announced the 360 version I had thought it was a sony console exclusive. Again theyre waiting a looong time to annound the xbox one version but I've been more skeptical about it.

btkadams

Feb 5, 2008
i just can't imagine sony paying for an exclusive like this. i think it's coming to xbox one at the same time.

Bsigg12

Apr 9, 2012
i just can't imagine sony paying for an exclusive like this. i think it's coming to xbox one at the same time.

Pretty much, it'll go exactly like the PS3/360 launch of the game with the PS version getting all the marketing.