• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 listed for Xbox One at Best Buy

Diablo3_best_buy.jpg

Currently, Diablo III for Xbox One is available to pre-order at Best Buy Canada and Best Buy subsidiary Futureshop with cover art claiming that the game is 'coming soon'. The listing could be placeholder while we wait for an official announcement declaring that Diablo III is coming to Xbox One, or it could be the real deal. It's probably the former.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...I-Listed-For-Xbox-One-on-Best-Buy-Canada.html

This is good news for any one who hasn't played it yet, but do we really need another version of this game? Next-gen or not, I hope there's some new content to justify a repurchase.

I suspected this might happen, but D3 on 360 was a great experience - just not sure I need to replay it that badly on a next-gen console.

Probably stealth. It feels like they have a marketing agreement with Sony.

Interesting. Wonder if that extends to DLC or expansion packs as well.

Dynamic3

Assuming there is performance parity with the PS4 version, I would actually go X1 for this as it's the perfect game to snap some TV with.

I wonder- is them acting like there's not going to be an Xbox version and then later on going "oh btw we're also on Xbox" due to moneyhatting, or did they just honestly not decide to make the Xbox versions until later?

Forsythia

Probably stealth. It feels like they have a marketing agreement with Sony.

Oh yeah, that 'strategic partnership'. :/

As long as the game releases on X1 and includes the expansion, I'm happy. I hope we can import characters from the 360 version, though, but knowing MS, it probably won't happen.

CalebW

Banned
I wonder- is them acting like there's not going to be an Xbox version and then later on going "oh btw we're also on Xbox" due to moneyhatting, or did they just honestly not decide to make the Xbox versions until later?

It seems to be following the pattern of the PS3 and 360 versions, which would indicate moneyhat. Hopefully there's not a huge difference in performance between the two versions this time around.

dugdug

Banned
Are there any rumors of a release date for the next gen versions? Would love to play it again on PS4.

bidguy

Banned
I remember reading that the PS4 version would include the base game and Reaper of Souls. $60 for both is pretty good IMO.

its a good deal if you never played the console version
i already played through the 360 version so ill pick it up used or when the price drops.

Kunan

its a good deal if you never played the console version
i already played through the 360 version so ill pick it up used or when the price drops.
True that. The way they're selling this game across the various platforms feels really fragmented.

CalebW

Banned

JoshHood

Assuming there is performance parity with the PS4 version, I would actually go X1 for this as it's the perfect game to snap some TV with.
Similarly, assuming parity, I'd go with the PS4 version as this seems to be the perfect game to remote play with some TV on ;)

CalebW

Banned
No they only confirmed 360, PS3 and PS4. I thought this would be a similar situation like Injustice Ultimate Edition (came out for 360, PS3 and PS4)

Actually for months they only confirmed PS3 and PS4. Then in the summer the 360 version appeared on some Italian retailer sites.

Matriox

Actually for months they only confirmed PS3 and PS4. Then in the summer the 360 version appeared on some Italian retailer sites.

I think I remember this, thought it was weird to annound PS3/PS4 (i think it was E3?) and then really close to release Blizzard announced 360 version too on their site.

kurbaan

Banned
When is the PS4 version even coming out? Isn't this like the perfect times since there are barely and new ps4 games.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I think I remember this, thought it was weird to annound PS3/PS4 (i think it was E3?) and then really close to release Blizzard announced 360 version too on their site.

Yeah, this seems like a really weird deal. Like Sony paid Blizzard to not even announce the MS versions of D3 until a certain date. Has that ever been done before with another game?

Matriox

Yeah, this seems like a really weird deal. Like Sony paid Blizzard to not even announce the MS versions of D3 until a certain date. Has that ever been done before with another game?

Up until they actually announced the 360 version I had thought it was a sony console exclusive. Again theyre waiting a looong time to annound the xbox one version but I've been more skeptical about it.

Top Bottom