• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Releasing in Q2 (April-June), New WoW: Pandaria Info On March 19th

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, given that only two Blizzard titles are officially targeted for 2012, Heart of the Swarm is the most likely to get delayed into 2013.

Activision said:
The company's first quarter 2012 outlook does not incorporate a new release from Blizzard Entertainment, but its calendar year 2012 outlook anticipates two releases from Blizzard Entertainment.
Source: http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=647732

diablo37hbwr.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Q2 release for Diablo 3? Hell to the yes. Cannot fucking wait.

Why would an addon like Heart of the Swarm take so long to develop? Something about the Blizzard design process is flawed.

LowParry

D3 probably going to drop in June. Blizzard will perfect the shiz out of the game as much as they can till the last minute.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
hm, so Blizzard DOTA is going to be released separately from StarCraft II, then? or is it still going to be a mod?

zugzug

I mean did they just reassign the SC2 team to help other projects why would the expansion take soooo long. Agree with other posts something just not right.

Same with Diablo 3 the redesign on game features announced. Really that long it took you to decide to make them. Really?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
About time. It's been what ... 14 years since Diablo ?

Sorry, couldn't help it. Joking aside, can't wait for the game to get released.

Lol, whoops. Was posting in a hurry while working.

Heart of the Swarm in 2013? Seriously Blizzard? It's going to take them three years to release an expansion, and then what? Another three for Legacy of the Void? StarCraft II won't be "finished" until 2016? Six years after release?

So with Diablo 3 releasing fairly soon, I wonder if this will push Runic Games to get Torchlight 2 out or will they just be content with releasing it after Diablo 3?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218373p1.html

World of Warcraft Loses More Subscribers
According to Activision Blizzard's fourth quarter 2011 earnings report.
February 9, 2012

Activision Blizzard reports that on December 31, 2011, 10.2 million players were subscribed to World of Warcraft. This represents a drop in subscribers from the last report, where Activision Blizzard let investors and press know know World of Warcraft was down to 10.3 million.

PS: Put in the camp that Runic needs to get TL2 out ASAP. Time to kick things into high gear!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218373p1.html

World of Warcraft Loses More Subscribers
According to Activision Blizzard's fourth quarter 2011 earnings report.
February 9, 2012

Activision Blizzard reports that on December 31, 2011, 10.2 million players were subscribed to World of Warcraft. This represents a drop in subscribers from the last report, where Activision Blizzard let investors and press know know World of Warcraft was down to 10.3 million.

Sub revenue is down 10% due to them removing the lost revenue from the Diablo 3 bundle.

Actually subscriber losses though are only down 100,000 this time.

Cipherr

Sub revenue is down 10% due to them removing the lost revenue from the Diablo 3 bundle.

Actually subscriber losses though are only down 100,000 this time.

This is shocking, I cannot believe its not plummeting faster. Its more than obvious that the game has peaked already. It feels quite, stale. Kudos to them for sustaining the way they have.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is shocking, I cannot believe its not plummeting faster. Its more than obvious that the game has peaked already. It feels quite, stale. Kudos to them for sustaining the way they have.

They did just have a new content patch, Brazilian expansion ramping up, and the Diablo 3 deal, so that should help for a bit.

Ricker

It says TARGETED for Q2 for Diablo III..this does not confirm a release date in that period,especially with Blizzard...hopefully it happens though.

hyduK

Banned
Personally would have expected MoP before D3 since WoW is pretty much drained of new content. Not that I'm complaining. Also, people complaining about HotS, Blizzard wasn't gonna release all three games this year. StarCraft is going incredibly strong still, and they don't have to worry about losing people interest before the xpac, so it only makes sense.

hyduK

Banned
There's really not much competition for it. It'll stay strong until Blizzard releases another MMO.

Personally would have expected MoP before D3 since WoW is pretty much drained of new content. Not that I'm complaining. Also, people complaining about HotS, Blizzard wasn't gonna release all three games this year. StarCraft is going incredibly strong still, and they don't have to worry about losing people interest before the xpac, so it only makes sense.

WoW x pacs always hit in the latter part of the year though, nov-jan. There will be a filler raid released mid year to try and tide people over no doubt.

Top Bottom