• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 Rogue, Barbarian and Monster Art Showcase (Quarterly Update)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a glimpse of Diablo IV characters recorded in slow motion in Diablo IV's real time engine for the Rogue, Barbarian, Blood Bishop, Skeleton Lord, Spider Host, Succubus, and a Knight. All the art work and armor shown in this video is subject to change as it is currently a work in progress.

00:10 Rogue Showcase
03:09 Barbarian Showcase
05:17 Blood Bishop Showcase
05:59 Skeleton Lord Showcase
06:49 Spider Host Showcase
07:33 Succubus Showcase
08:25 Knight Showcase

Vaelka

Wtf is it with game devs being so damn scared of feminine curves?

Barbarian I get it, the Rogue kinda looks like a skinny boy ( in terms of body, not face ).
Eeeeh, okay... I guess?
But the Sorc?
She'd be the one where it'd actually make sense to push feminine curves and yet she kinda ends up looking like a skinny boy still.
It'd make the characters far more diverse too instead she just ends up being the Rogue but with at least a little bit of fat and not the super skinny anorexic looking chest.

The gear of the male and female Barbarian also looks way too different imo, it makes the male Barbarian look a lot more imposing he basically looks like Conan.
While the female Barbarian in a lot of the same gear covers a lot more which in terms makes her supposedly impressive and strong physique a lot less noticable and less imposing.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Those character models look amazing. The way the armor moves naturally with the character rather than clipping.. lighting reflecting off of metals.

This is an ARPG I mean common this is beyond impressive I’m straight blown away. Diablo 4 looks visually astounding.

Rickyiez

Wtf is it with game devs being so damn scared of feminine curves?

Barbarian I get it, the Rogue kinda looks like a skinny boy ( in terms of body, not face ).
Eeeeh, okay... I guess?
But the Sorc?
She'd be the one where it'd actually make sense to push feminine curves and yet she kinda ends up looking like a skinny boy still.
It'd make the characters far more diverse too instead she just ends up being the Rogue but with at least a little bit of fat and not the super skinny anorexic looking chest.

The gear of the male and female Barbarian also looks way too different imo, it makes the male Barbarian look a lot more imposing he basically looks like Conan.
While the female Barbarian in a lot of the same gear covers a lot more which in terms makes her supposedly impressive and strong physique a lot less noticable and less imposing.
Where did you see the sorceress model in the new clip ?

Renoir

Im sure there is going to be and option to pick they/them. lol

As much as blizzard change over the years, one thing stayed the same.. this game going to in a loooooong dev cycle. I don't think I see this game in my life time lol.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn more about Diablo IV's sound effects and design for the upcoming game. Get some behind the scenes looks at how the audio for the gore is created and recorded, as well as the sound design being made for the Desert Field.

Listen in on a shortened version of the ambient sound effects of different Diablo 4 regions including: Dry Steppes, the Scosglen Coast, Scosglen Rain, and Fractured Peaks. Additionally, get a glimpse and listen to sound effects for the Wood Wraith monster, as well as different breakable interaction sound effects with a Sorceress.

Timestamps:
Breakable Objects Sound Effects - 0:00
Wood Wraith Monster Audio - 1:27
Sound Development Field Recording - 2:27
Sound Development BTS Studio Foley - 4:20
Dry Steppes Ambience Audio -5:33
Fractured Peaks Ambience Audio - 7:45
Scosglen Coast Ambience Audio - 10:05
Scosglen Rain Ambience Audio - 12:07

I_D

Diablo 3 still looks more impactful.

Agreed, which is disappointing.

Part of it's just that the spells don't look fancy enough, but another major culprit is the sound design.
Basically every hit sounds like a wet squish. That Druid's "tornado" at 2:22 is particularly bad.

GymWolf

Agreed, which is disappointing.

Part of it's just that the spells don't look fancy enough, but another major culprit is the sound design.
Basically every hit sounds like a wet squish. That Druid's "tornado" at 2:22 is particularly bad.
I was more talking about how impactful the hits look and how enemies fly around when get hit.

sircaw

Banned
Seriously fix the god damn damage scaling numbers, i don't want to see 350 000 damage done to monsters aka diablo3, lower is much better, i want to see my character scale in power slowly and realistically.

Environments, art direction look wonderful, but need to see more on loot systems tbh,

The Paragon system, much better than d3 and not as overly ridiculously bloated as Poe but need to see more of it tbh.

What's the endgame system here, dungeons, need to see that as well.

Overall looking good.

Last edited:

Salz01

I’m kind of pissed at all the people that complained about D3 being too cartoon like. Now D4 has no color and it’s all grey and brown. I also think POE2 looks better, and more modern.

jaysius

Banned
Watching that newest video, I want to be more excited than I am, the loot system of D2 was taken and abused in so many rotten ways it broke me of wanting to play anything with loot.

Diablo 4 would have been amazing 4 years ago maybe, they fucking slept on it with lazy ports of that rotten Diablo 3.

I don't know if there's a time for Diablo 4 anymore.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I’m kind of pissed at all the people that complained about D3 being too cartoon like. Now D4 has no color and it’s all grey and brown. I also think POE2 looks better, and more modern.
They where and still are correct. DII Resurrection looks better than DIV at its current form.

I really dislike that it does remind me so much of DIII. Looks more like a refined ad on than a new game at the moment.

Fredrik

The designs are dull as well, only the spider host sticks out for me

Reallink

Why have they been wasting resources modeling these elaborate characters and monsters that aren't even visible to players? No wonder they have nothing after a decade. It's an isometric game where 1" characters walk into rooms and face roll your keyboard. Even the HUD looks 25 years old.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Why have they been wasting resources modeling these elaborate characters and monsters that aren't even visible to players? It's an isometric game where you walk into rooms and face roll your keyboard. Even the HUD looks 25 years old.
Details are still important man

Having better graphics is always a plus for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom