• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
My current setup:

desk.jpg

For some reason the TV/desk look small on my phone...that's a 32" display.

Junie12

Well since I can't play my old Diablo games I might as well watch LP's of them, it's really the next best thing another than playing the game of course :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi gets so hyped for shit, it's crazy.

Try not to hurt yourself this time. :p
Einbroch, my man with the master plan, welcome to the thread! You've had to endure my hypathon twice now, but this is it. After this game's out, there will be no release that's gonna bring me on my knees again. I say this for a fact! The next time you'll see me this hyped is probably for the next generation of Sony-titles :3

Since lots of people are posting about their mechanical keyboards I have a question. How are they better than a regular keyboard?
It's all about the feel of the keys, worlds of difference from mushy rubber membrane. But they often feature N-key rollover, something that a lot of standard keyboards don't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
change my class on the list to demon hunter plz

already joined steam diablo gaf

also, when launching diablo does anyone else get a command prompt as well?

It's all about the feel of the keys, worlds of difference from mushy rubber membrane. But they often feature N-key rollover, something that a lot of standard keyboards don't.

While this is true, I still like my answer better. I've got two friends that speak softer than the noise from their mechanical keyboards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
toilet paper like a boss xD!! Classic!

Einbroch

Banned
I had almost no interest in the game, but motherfucking Yosh is getting me interested. I loved D2 but Blizzards semi-recent changes and direction in WoW totally put me off anything Blizzard.

No talent trees, messing with how skills work, simplifying stuff...am I wrong? Are they streamlining and not babying like I think they are?

While this is true, I still like my answer better. I've got two friends that speak softer than the noise from their mechanical keyboards.
Also depends on the type of switch you go for. I'm using browns and it's not a huge increase from the keyboard I used to use. My friend on the otherhand has blues and you can hear it from opposite ends of the apartment.

Dresden

No talent trees, messing with how skills work, simplifying stuff...am I wrong? Are they streamlining and not babying like I think they are?

This isn't WoW and the new skill system is awesome with tons of potential. I smile whenever I start tinkering with the calculator.

My only problem is that you won't have access to every rune/skill combo until you're ready to hit Inferno, apparently.

chiablo

I had almost no interest in the game, but motherfucking Yosh is getting me interested. I loved D2 but Blizzards semi-recent changes and direction in WoW totally put me off anything Blizzard.

The way skills are handled will prevent idiots like myself from doing stupid thinks that were possible in Diablo 2.

I did a paladin and put every point I could into STR and the Might Aura. I would swing a dozen times at a demon with my greatmaul and miss, but if I ever did hit them... they would turn into grease stains.

Jangocube

Banned
Whelp, just preordered. Now that I'm working full time I haven't really had that much time for gaming, so I didn't want to get into an addicting game again.

But I just can't resist. I need to train my body to run on about 3 hours of sleep each night for the next month.

Yoshichan

My man, I am willing to bet anything that you won't be disappointed if you buy this game! This is not WoW, it's a fresh, new experience and it's going to be fun and most importantly, DIFFICULT experience for everyone!!!!

rybrad

Also depends on the type of switch you go for. I'm using browns and it's not a huge increase from the keyboard I used to use. My friend on the otherhand has blues and you can hear it from opposite ends of the apartment.
Any suggestions on a quality one to check out?

-Mikey-

The game will unlock at 3am EST? I planned on preloading the game and playing whenever it would unlock. The next day I'd stroll into gamestop and pick up my CE. It just hit me that I could pick the physical copy up at midnight and play right away without waiting until 3am.

My question is: If I preload the game and then activate the key from my physical copy, will I be able to play immediately or will I have to wait until 3am?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
uugghhh can't wait to lob firebombs and shoot locusts god damn

Tess3ract

Banned
Claw grip on MX518 is the only choice.

I'd post a shot of my desk but this shit is just too messy. I don't know how people manage to keep them so clean.

I guess most other people aren't slobs.

If it makes you feel better, that shot was messier than i let my desk get.

The OP has been updated. Here are the patch notes:
  • New Announcements
  • Release Info Updated with Server Unlock Times + Players
  • Followers Section Updated
  • Nephalem Valor Section Added under Replayability
  • Line about Mobile Alerts under Auction House
  • Other Resources Updated
  • Acknowledgements Section Added

Also know that I am now very close to the character limit in the OP, so unfortunately I won't be able to add the FAQ I had planned and partially worked on, nor a Skill System or Items section, at least in this OT (since I don't have the second post.) I also have a limited capacity to update what is already there much further. I can optimize it a bit, using link shorteners and the like, but pretty much what you see is what you get for now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd post a shot of my desk but this shit is just too messy. I don't know how people manage to keep them so clean.

I guess most other people aren't slobs.

I used to be. Then something snapped in me and I'm a super neat freak when it comes to my room. I usually use it as a justification for slacking off on my off days.

Yoshichan

Ugh. I mean I did just build a new PC...and it is summer break...and I am weak...
Yes... this is perfect! There is no better timing than now! You won't regret it, Yoshi promises you this!

Any suggestions on a quality one to check out?
You'll want to settle on the kind of switch you want to go for first, browns and blacks are the popular choices. Browns have a subtle tactile click to them, whereas blacks are linear and actuate in one smooth press. Blacks have a higher actuation force at 60g, while browns are at 45g.

I got a Filco keyboard at The Keyboard Company. Another good choice are Leopold boards from Elite Keyboards. If you wanna go all out, WASD Keyboards offers customized ones.

Yoshichan

Sexy as hell, ~Kinggi~. I love the red!

Yoshichan

red everywhere in dis bitch. The red keyboard is pretty sexy too. Only 40 bucks off amazon.
Currently my setup is all blue! I did all my shit blue for Starcraft... I should totally switch it up to red for Diablo :3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought about buying one of those steelseries mousepads, but 2-4 week until shipping so nah. I'l stick with my Heavy TF2 one even though the corner is coming off.

Ploid 3.0

The hype has gotten to me, Witch Doctor avatar obtained. Still going to pick male WD because of the awesome head shake I think.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The OP has been updated. Here are the patch notes:

Also know that I am now very close to the character limit in the OP, so unfortunately I won't be able to add the FAQ I had planned and partially worked on, nor a Skill System or Items section, at least in this OT (since I don't have the second post.) I also have a limited capacity to update what is already there much further. I can optimize it a bit, using link shorteners and the like, but pretty much what you see is what you get for now.

It's cool, man. You did a fantastic job with what space you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom