• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be hilarious? If there was an achievement for "Made a purchase on the RMAH"

All your friends would see it pop up and then instantly your face would turn all red

Risible

i cannot believe they launched RMAH with the state the game is in currently...greedy, greedy bastards.

This exactly. I was thinking there was no way they could launch it today given how fucked up everything is, but nope, here it is. This should be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

datamage

You'd ideally want 100 or more runs per sample and rather than "X amount of time" it would be for "X amount of kills" with no variance there. That is, 100 runs each solo vs grouping and each run is precisely 50 kills of the exact same enemy types with the exact same MF.

Oh, I know my data is anecdotal, just, my friend's convinced this is the case, so I doubt he's gonna want to do 100 runs. :p

I know random is random, and averages need time to balance out, it just appears that the game is fucking me when playing mp.

When 1.03 hits, I guess it won't matter.

What exactly is a "decent pace" however? You can farm and gear that way and that's the intended pace. Buying equipment from the AH (gold AH or item wise) will just speed up the progression.

Personally, I'm expecting the RMAH to be primarily for selling gold. It's just easier to sell a bunch of gold than items for cashing out purposes, really. I can't imagine too many people really jumping at buying progression_upgrade_01 for $25 but maybe 5 people will buy 1M Gold for $6 each.

I'm talking about me here, not you, and not the community at large. And a decent pace for me is having fun and feeling rewarded by playing the content.

Since the content and the gear isn't clearly tiered, and the balance is off, I'm finding it unrewarding to play in Inferno at the moment. I have 2 60s now (barb and DH) and neither one feels challenged by the content without being overwhelmed by unfun boss mods.

I don't want to feel like I need to sink actual money into the game to progress and level out the curve. That's my worry with RMAH--just a worry at this point.

Thrakier

Now it's bling bling time for Blizzard, gratz. I feel like they kinda sold me an Free2Play experience counting Hell Act IV and beyond.

scy

I'm talking about me here, not you, and not the community at large. And a decent pace for me is having fun and feeling rewarded by playing the content.

Well, that's rather abstract :x I'm just saying that the game is intended for non-AH progression, it's just not at the speed that most people were hoping. There's never any time where you are actually forced to use the AH/RMAH to make progress, it's just the easiest route.

Maybe/hopefully 1.0.3 makes this more apparent.

Etheus

Neo Member
Is this worth anything, or vendor trash?

P1Swv.jpg

MrDaravon

What's your current DEX? Your current Crit Damage? Crit Chance? Hard to tell anything without more details, honestly.

That said, the one on the left should be an upgrade in pretty much all situations unless you have an abnormally low DEX.

Without SS active:

3swBK.png

The problem is I don't really have a good feel for what kind of trade-off is worth it in terms of trading pure DPS for Dex/crit basically.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You know what would be hilarious? If there was an achievement for "Made a purchase on the RMAH"

All your friends would see it pop up and then instantly your face would turn all red

Need a hidden feat of strength "Have an item from the RMAH equipped in every slot."

Also any rare weapon over 1000 dps is worth $250, get 'em sold now!

Can't wait for the prices to plummet as RMAH gets flooded and stuff goes stale. 1.03 will just make it even better.

RivalCore

Spent the last 30 minutes trying to beat an elite mob of Soul Rippers with Fast/Molten/Extra Health/Jailer. What. The. Fuck. Couldn't even lead them away from the path to the exit because there's nowhere to bring them.

I think I'm done with until 1.03. That shit is infuriating.

isny

napkin dispenser
I linked my PayPal account but the RMAH says I haven't. I've tried logging and it still won't fix the problem =(

Well I feel pretty damn stupid for not getting my ass in Inferno faster so I could build up a stock of items to sell today. There's no way this lasts more than a couple of days.

I am quitting my job, it's obvious that they are an atrocious amount of fools paying 250$ on items, they don't even look at the stats, same items go for 3$ but they buy the one with 250$ price.
So many fools, I have to profit from this somehow, according to my calculations I should have my first Ferrari next month

I'm wondering if this is the intital rush of people waiting to jump in. Like ... once that guy bought that $250 weapon, do you think he's going to double dip soon for another?

Thrakier

Blizzard HQ confronted by reactions of Fans telling them what's shitty about D3s loot and economy system:

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

Meanwhile in Blizzard HQ, staring at monitors which calculate the moniez they get from the RMAH:

reaction-guys-cheering.jpg

spirity

This exactly. I was thinking there was no way they could launch it today given how fucked up everything is, but nope, here it is. This should be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Blizzard were likely doing everything in their power to bring it online as soon as possible. Monetising item transactions is the very point of Diablo 3 to them. And, they're a business so I can't say I blame them for it.

But now its here! I bet any amount of money there's champagne in polystyrene cups being handed out at Blizzard right now.

scy

Without SS active:

3swBK.png

The problem is I don't really have a good feel for what kind of trade-off is worth it in terms of trading pure DPS for Dex/crit basically.

Well I'd love to help on a general case for it but ... there isn't one.

(Weapon DPS / Base Attacks Per Second) * (Actual Attacks Per Second) * (1 + DEX/100) * (1 + CritChance*CritDamage)

So:

788.2 DPS Weapon 1.10 Attacks Per Second base with 2067 DEX, 1.87 actual Attacks Per Second, 8% Chance to Crit and 150% Crit Damage:

(788.2 / 1.10) * (1.87) * (1 + 2067/100) * (1 + 8% * 150%)
~= 32,520 DPS

So, let's do your new Weapon which is 931.2 DPS, same Attack Speed, -61 DEX, -50% Crit Damage:

(931.2 / 1.10) * (1.87) * (1 + 2006 / 100) * (1 + 8% * 100%)
~= 36,006 DPS

Edit: Or the one you just bought which is 915.2 DPS and +17 DEX over the original but still -50% Crit Damage:
(915.2 / 1.10) * (1.87) * (1 + 2084/100) * (1 + 8% * 100%)
~= 36,698 DPS

Cipherr

Holy shit just got this for 100k on the gold AH, did this guy leave off a zero I'm assuming?

qkaSH.png

He merely priced it in line with other blue xbows of that dps range without considering the massive amount of dexterity on his bow. You got a great deal. He didnt consider that that stack of dex made that bow better than all the other random blue 900 dps bows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom