• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Well I'd love to help on a general case for it but ... there isn't one.

Yeah, that's the problem, if the advanced tooltip on items showed in the AH I'd at least have a general idea without having to do crazy math on the fly :/ I posted it above but I did just score a 100k bow that was probably supposed to be a 1 million bow (unless they just didn't care) which was a definite upgrade :D So short-term that's a big help, but I really hope they get the advanced tooltips in the AH at some point here.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus... I never expected anything but the best loot to actually sell. This is nuts. I may throw some stuff up there tonight, but I really don't want to deal with PayPal.

Well, that's rather abstract :x I'm just saying that the game is intended for non-AH progression, it's just not at the speed that most people were hoping. There's never any time where you are actually forced to use the AH/RMAH to make progress, it's just the easiest route.

Maybe/hopefully 1.0.3 makes this more apparent.

As I said, I'm talking about me and only me, so I'm not surprised that it's an abstract statement. The game isn't hitting my personal progression pace. Progression is entirely gear oriented (as opposed to tactical at all) and that gear progression is wholly supplanted within the AH.

The carrot and stick relationship is now only incentivized by, "If I buy items, I may find something that I can sell for a few bucks and supplement the cost of my items and the game or even more!"

I already have a job to make money, so that isn't a concern of mine, so that incentive doesn't work for me. I want to have fun in my free time and the base experience is quickly becoming too much of a repetitive drag to keep me invested.

At least in WoW as you got better you would see new content. Here it's just: Buy some items so you can play in the same exact place you've already played at least three times before, but face larger health numbers. I was hoping D3 would iterate on D2 in a big way, and they did, with the AH, but it isn't the way that I would have preferred.

Again, I'll see how it goes, but after leveling 2 characters to 60 and wanting to skip the content most of the way through (less than a month after release), I'm not sure what the point is. In D2 I really enjoyed A4 and A5 in all of the difficulty levels. In D3 I am just trying to get to the next stage--but I'm not sure why, because I don't actually like any of the acts.

Shoot, I leveled nearly every class to 60 in WoW during vanilla, got a couple to 85, and have a few in the 60-85 range. I actually enjoyed the content throughout--and then really enjoyed the endgame. Something is missing in D3 and the AH isn't filling that space.

Wait you have to have Paypal for RMAH? I thought there was this Battle.Net Balance thing you could use?

You can use battle net balance or direct cc purchase.

To fund your bnet balance, you can use credit card, paypal, and other methods. However, when funding there can be a delay of up to 3 days. So if you want something asap, just use a direct cc purchase

There is NO TRANSFER from bnet balance to paypal. If you want to receive cash, you MUST select that at the time you create the auction

Danj

If you want to cash out you have to use paypal who then take a further 15% (... i think?)

Oh right, yeah I knew about that. I need to get a prepaid VISA set up before I get a Paypal account again, those thieving shits stole £240 off me several years ago and I haven't done business with them since.

Also, RMAH is showing as tomorrow in Europe :(

Lol wtf....man I need to put up that monk only set item I found. It has great stats.
KuGsj.gif

Kaiden

Neo Member
I threw some crappy legendaries up there for ~10 dollars. If it sells, my faith drops, but my bank account goes up. I AM TORN.

I want to take part in this because, y'know, money. But, on the other hand, I don't want to out of principle.

But, y'know, money.

Hell, I was just about to ask you if you want that leveling 2Her you gave me back. That's probably a cool hundred bucks right there, just gathering dust in my stash!

Sophia

I want to use the auction house, but it keeps telling me Paypal isn't set up. Even though it's my primary payment method.

Great to see that stuff is selling, at any rate.

Zuly

Would you recommend using shitty PayPal or my credit card for the RMAH? I'm not sure I trust Blizz with my credit card info.

If the AH is grayed out it means the load is heavy. They only allow a certain number of people on at once, so it could be disabled for you even while working for others. Keep trying

I want to take part in this because, y'know, money. But, on the other hand, I don't want to out of principle.

But, y'know, money.

This game will become two games. One for people who want to play to advance and one for people who want to find someting so they can cash out. A constant cycle if there's enought jack holes paying this much.

I'm still under the assumption that this won't last. I think it's a combo of people waiting on the sidelines for the RMAH to go live and 1.0.3 not live yet. If more people can farm top tier items, prices will have to fall.

Stormshield is selling like crazy, even 18-20% block is selling for like 30-40 bucks and the top end stuff is all $150+. And that's just that item.

1000+ DPS 1-handers are $180 and up too.

WOW.

This game will become two games. One for people who want to play to advance and one for people who want to find someting so they can cash out. A constant cycle if there's enought jack holes paying this much.

I'm still under the assumption that this won't last. I think it's a combo of people waiting on the sidelines for the RMAH to go live and 1.0.3 not live yet. If more people can farm top tier items, prices will have to fall.
People are paying these prices despite knowing that legendaries and item drop rates are getting overhauled massively in the next month or two.

Dahbomb

I am seriously thinking about selling all my current gear and recooperating the cost of the game and then uninstalling it.

I can't be part of this anymore.

Blizzard should've advertised Diablo 3 as "it prints money!" at pre-releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom