• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III Patch 1.15 adds PS4 Pro support

Vashetti

Banned
C1WhwF8WEAAqfUm.jpg:orig

Screens (I'm using my Pro on a 1080p display)

Notice the character in the selection screen is now aliasing free

GutsOfThor

This game is on sale at Gamestop for $20. Never played a Diablo game before but thinking about getting this on PS4. Is it easy to get into?

Edit: Nevermind, found an article that this is coming in 2017 and should be available for any console owners who have the Ultimate Edition.

Did, or is, the console version receiving the Necromancer class?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fucking typical.
Jumped back in around a month ago, and as of last night, I'm finally at 481 of the 500 bounties I need for the plat. lol

Is the Diablo I event actually live yet?

Edit: Necro isn't available anywhere yet, but is coming to current consoles.

Just you guys wait. It'll probably be a 4K UI.

^^^

I doubt that they will do serious work to Diablo 3 as they farted out the weakest PS4 Pro patch to date with the much more recent game, Overwatch

yep

way too much hype in this thread for something that is probably nothing. The GAF way

cakely

Uh, interesting.

The game runs pretty damn well on the stock PS4. I wonder what the patch actually does?

Hopefully not making the fan ramp up in the menu screen.

Well shit, I was looking for something to buy during the Holiday Sale I would have definitely picked this up if they would have announced this a day ago.

DieH@rd

Banned
Before too many celebrations happens, someone needs to report what was really changed. They could have only added 4K UI and nothing else.

Before too many celebrations happens, someone needs to report what was really changed. They could have only added 4K UI and nothing else.

Its definitely better and my tv is saying it is getting 3840 by 2160

Of course I don't know what it's being upscaled from or native.. you can tell though because some assets that are pretendered are not as crisp as the realtime

j-wood

Receipts

There's nothing in their preview about visual updates.

Here are your receipts from the official patch notes:

Added a 64-bit client as default for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
With this, players should see improvements to system performance and faster loading times
This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options
The 32-bit client is still available as an option through the Battle.net Launcher
Added a screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) pixel shader option
Added a large cursor option
Improved support for 60Hz+ monitors

Top Bottom