• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
EDIT - This reminds me, the faster an ARPG plays the harder it is to appreciate the music. I am thinking of D3 here. So many sound effects.

For real, though sound mixing and the actual quality of a soundtrack are another important factor. Diablo 3's soundtrack is largely derivative and forgettable.

Fighting games can have a similar problem these days. Case in point: Dragon Ball FighterZ. The game looks and sounds stellar, but the overabundance of character voices for every. single. move. gets annoying and drowns out the BGM. Older fighting games showed more restraint on that front because they had to for technical reasons, but it turned out better for the overall experience. Sometimes, less is more.

[EDIT] About Diablo 1: played it back in the day, never made it far. Not even sure I beat the Skeleton King. Still, it was scary good fun. Replayed it to completion a few years ago, it's still a great game, if really broken. You can forget about using the Warrior because of blockstun. Wizard is clearly the superior class, and Mana Shield makes the game very easy. I never could finish Diablo 2 though. Got stuck before Duriel with the necro, and at the start of Act 3 with the Sorceress. Those damn pygmees...

Syf

Banned
I really do appreciate them telling us now. Was sort of hoping for a D2 remaster but not yet then. "There will be a time for that at some point in the future" is nice to hear too.

Game is dead to me at this point.

Searching for a reason to play and I can't find one. I did my GR100+ solo clear with ease. I got all the stash tabs from seasons that I can get. I've done everything with the classes I'm interested in. I see no alterations that will make any classes, sets or variety more interesting on the horizon. So what's left for me? Looks like nothing.

kuYuri

After last year's 20th anniversary announcements and events, it's fairly unsurprising. Not every year can be Diablo's year.

Looking forward to whenever there's news to be had~

kennah

Ah right. I guess I could try to throw something together with it. Might be fun in a barbarian build. Will give it a go after the season reset.

I was planning to run Spirit Guards and dump Cyclone Strike for a Mantra with Uliana anyway so this works for me.

They buffed, nerfed, buffed, and then nerfed the Firebird set bonus in this PTR.

EDIT - Up to act II nightmare in D2. The 20mastery/20 melee skeletons are still kind of slow. I have no idea how this build will pull Hell. Pushing the bone mages for damage now.

Xanathus

Season 11 ending dates and Season 12 start dates have been announced https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21097429
Season 11 will be ending on the following dates and times:
North America: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 12 will begin about four weeks afterward on the dates below:
North America: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Note: Season 12 will begin on a Thursday to ensure there is adequate time to respond to potential issues with Seasons before the weekend begins.

I've slacked so hard this season, it felt too late on that I didn't like the Crusader. I probably could have started again with a different character, but you know... stubborn.

If they don't update the season journey goals some people will be finishing in hours.

Up to Act V Nightmare with my D2 summonmancer. I could probably blow through Hell if I open up corpse explosion but that would be cheating.

The boss strategy is basically a CC lockdown. I hit them with the Decrepify curse which slows them, the clay golem attacks slow them, the cold rogue slows them, and the skelly mages with cold slow them. They attack like once every 5 seconds but is still takes forever to whittle them down.

Dunfisch

Boy, just a little more than a full month until the next season. A bit later than I expected, really. But that's fine, gives me ample time to catch up some backlog.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, looks like they're working around the Destiny 2 PC launch - leaves a little over 2 weeks for people to get that out of the way.

Anyone know what that challenge is involving the first player to complete it in each region? Like every new season "xxxxx is the first to complete something" pops up.

How have seasons been on console? I sadly parted with my copy some time ago, but that was LONG before anyone thought seasons would ever hit consoles. Mulling whether or not I should jump back in if I can find a copy on the cheap.

Xanathus

Anyone know what that challenge is involving the first player to complete it in each region? Like every new season "xxxxx is the first to complete something" pops up.

Every season there are Conquests which are achievements for things like reaching GR75 solo, getting X billion gold in a single chain, kill all bosses in 20 minutes. Check your seasonal Achievements menu. The first X number of people to complete these each season go on a leaderboard for each conquest and get announced.

Every season there are Conquests which are achievements for things like reaching GR75 solo, getting X billion gold in a single chain, kill all bosses in 20 minutes. Check your seasonal Achievements menu. The first X number of people to complete these each season go on a leaderboard for each conquest and get announced.

Oh they are just the conquests thanks. Usually I am not even 70 before they pop.

Bladelaw

Saw that the season ends soon so I pushed hard for the stash tab. Conquests I went with:
Boss Rush
50 million gold streak

The gold streak was actually easier than I expected but required a bunch of prep time.

I'm wondering if I should push to straight up finish the season's challenges. I'm using the Tal/Vyr wizard archon build which has been fun. I had to make adjustments for the gold streak though.

I just need 1 more conquest, 3 level 70 gems, and Urzael in 20 seconds on T13. The only conquest left that looks remotely fun is the T10 rift in 2 minutes.

The D2 pure Summonmancer dream appears to be dead. The summons do not do enough damage on Hell. You need a lot of gear to boost them and then they are kind of filler for the real damage skills which are all on the Poison and Bone tab.

To cap it off all the summons (especially Revives) will despawn if you move too quickly. Like you run into town too quickly and half your army dies. I should of done a Lightning Trapper.

X-Factor

Anyone here on the PS4 version of Diablo III?

If anyone here has the Succubus pet could you send one to X-Factor11 ?
I have most other pets but can't seem to get one of these to drop after doing so many hours of bounties (Royal Crypts and Moon Clan cave).

I can send back other good items and pets in return.

Thank you.

Do we have a guild or clan or anything. I just got back into Diablo after leaving in 2014 right at the end of the Real Auction house.

Its so much better now, its amazing. just finished a level 59 GR rift with my leapquake barbarian. Finally starting to optimize him.

Dunfisch

Do we have a guild or clan or anything. I just got back into Diablo after leaving in 2014 right at the end of the Real Auction house.

Its so much better now, its amazing. just finished a level 59 GR rift with my leapquake barbarian. Finally starting to optimize him.

There's official GAF clans for EU and US both, couldn't say about Asia, but I doubt you play on that realm. The clans are usually really active for the first 2, 3 weeks of a season, at which point people playing drop off sharply, since most folks will have completed their season journey or whichever goals they had otherwise.

I'm kinda curious if the buffs and balancing changes coming with 2.6.1 will usher in a greater influx of players, though I'm not holding my breath. It's still the same game, you just go higher now :p .

Anyway, if you're playing on EU, I can get you into the clan. Just need your full battletag like Name#XXXX and I'll get right on it.

So i decided to reinstall this game because I'm broke and bored. I leveled a seasonal barb up to 70, and then find out that the season ends in a week!!!

Still tons of fun. Can't wait for November 9th!!!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well, S11 ends tomorrow. I really enjoyed this season, my Necro is now one of my favorite classes in the game, if not the favorite. Much like the Diablo II necro I just find him fun to play. Summonancer of course. :)

Looking so forward to S12 though. I know it starts in three weeks but I hope the 2.6.1 patch goes up next week.

Well, S11 ends tomorrow. I really enjoyed this season, my Necro is now one of my favorite classes in the game, if not the favorite. Much like the Diablo II necro I just find him fun to play. Summonancer of course. :)

Looking so forward to S12 though. I know it starts in three weeks but I hope the 2.6.1 patch goes up next week.

When i looked online for Wizard builds that can place high in the GR there were only 2 builds. I kind of want to go that way though. Either wizard or monk for my next season.

Dunfisch

Season 11 has ended, and so the rollover has come. Don't forget to go and claim mailed items before they expire. The grace period is one month, so no particular hurry... but yeah.

Dunfisch

patch when

No one knows. The lunatics had it pegged this thursday, which went nowhere. It's probably going to be on a tuesday, since the last two big patches went live then (in the US, that is). EU trails behind a little, maybe up to two days.

Expectations have it to be either on the 24th or 31st of October, which are tuesdays. Reason being that this would give Blizzard time to fix / adjust stuff if it breaks. S12 starts on the 9th of November, a little less than 3 weeks from now. I'd like to see it go live next week, but I'm not holding my breath here. At least it shouldn't be just short of season start.

IceMarker

Started a new job recently, so I won't be as active this season as I was the previous few seasons, so I apologize if I miss anything clan-related such as member management and Message(s) of the Day.

Raticus79

Started a new job recently, so I won't be as active this season as I was the previous few seasons, so I apologize if I miss anything clan-related such as member management and Message(s) of the Day.

Congrats on the new job! I'll get it updated if no one beats me to it.

Raticus79

Not sure why I've been bothering salvaging rollover items for so long. This time around I just claimed the interesting ancients and used select all > trash for the rest.

eek5

You and me both bro. Congrats! Soon we'll discover all the ways to slack at our new jobs while still looking productive and we can go hard again!! lol

IceMarker

You and me both bro. Congrats! Soon we'll discover all the ways to slack at our new jobs while still looking productive and we can go hard again!! lol

I know that feeling, congrats to you as well! If I do somehow find time to commit to Season 12 I'll probably be doing Barbarian/Necro.

Top Bottom