• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

IceMarker

Due to recent events, we have closed off the Discord to the public and is now only available to current and leaving GAF members by invite.

If you would like one please PM me or any other recognizable GAF clan moderator/officer and we will get back to you as soon as possible, but keep in mind the 10 minutes per PM rule GAF now has.

Thanks everyone.

Had some problems downloading/ installing the patch, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the whole game instead. Have to wait until this evening now because I'm at work.

But... did anyone ever play D3 with a really really really bad internet connection? Will be in a place with a horrible internet connection for 5 weeks. Would like to play Season 12 but not sure if it's enough to log in intro D3 or if the whole game will lag even in Private Games!?

Dunfisch

It pains me to have to say this, but I am stepping down as the Admin of the European Diablo 3 GAF clan. The recent events have shaken a lot of still active members, and as much as I'd prefer to find a golden middle, it's not happening.

To this end, a lot of us are moving on elsewhere, and you may well guess where to. If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to contact me here or on battle.net (Dunfisch#2713). In order to change to a different clan, you cannot be in a clan, so you'll have to drop out of the GAF one.
At that point, I can give you an invite again.

Given that the clan cannot be leaderless, I have transferred leadership to Gegz as I left. He is a trusted player of the clan, and I mostly expect any other former moderators to leave. If the GAF clan as a whole suffers for it, then I am sorry, but this is my decision.

If anyone who wishes to stay feels they are qualified to take over Leadership of the NeoGAF D3 Europe clan, contact me and Gegz so we may arrange transfer.

It's been a blast all these years - so I hope to see you all in Sanctuary again.

Until then,

Dunfisch

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm joining - have already joined - Dunfisch as moderator in the new EU clan. Likewise, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

See you on the other side!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ditto for NA. I've given the org to an alt account for now. If anyone wants to take over the NeoGAF clan, just reply here.

StuffRuff

It pains me to have to say this, but I am stepping down as the Admin of the European Diablo 3 GAF clan. The recent events have shaken a lot of still active members, and as much as I'd prefer to find a golden middle, it's not happening.

To this end, a lot of us are moving on elsewhere, and you may well guess where to. If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to contact me here or on battle.net (Dunfisch#2713). In order to change to a different clan, you cannot be in a clan, so you'll have to drop out of the GAF one.
At that point, I can give you an invite again.

Given that the clan cannot be leaderless, I have transferred leadership to Gegz as I left. He is a trusted player of the clan, and I mostly expect any other former moderators to leave. If the GAF clan as a whole suffers for it, then I am sorry, but this is my decision.

If anyone who wishes to stay feels they are qualified to take over Leadership of the NeoGAF D3 Europe clan, contact me and Gegz so we may arrange transfer.

It's been a blast all these years - so I hope to see you all in Sanctuary again.

Until then,

Dunfisch

Thanks for the heads up Dunfisch! I'll throw you an invite request in game for the new EU clan if that's ok as I can't see myself sticking around here much longer (or until ResetEra opens up anyway).

See you all for Season 12! If the patch buffs are anything to go by, it should be a good one!

Wolfie5

Eh, tried some builds with the new patch and realized that some of the items that got buffed were not changed for existing items I had in my stash.

Example:
-Manticore I have has an increase in damage of 80% max. The new one has up to 300%
-Yangs curve has 50% faster multishot and nothing more. The new one has 50% faster multishot AND up to 200% more damage.
-Fist of azturrasq was up to 300%, new one is up to 500% more damage.
-Mask of jeram was 100% more pet damage, is now 200% with the new one.

There are many more like this. Need to salvage the old stuff I guess.

kuYuri

Eh, tried some builds with the new patch and realized that some of the items that got buffed were not changed for existing items I had in my stash.

Example:
-Manticore I have has an increase in damage of 80% max. The new one has up to 300%
-Yangs curve has 50% faster multishot and nothing more. The new one has 50% faster multishot AND up to 200% more damage.
-Fist of azturrasq was up to 300%, new one is up to 500% more damage.
-Mask of jeram was 100% more pet damage, is now 200% with the new one.

There are many more like this. Need to salvage the old stuff I guess.

This is how they’ve previously handled legendary item changes. You have to earn them again, but set items are retroactively updated to the latest.

drotahorror

I had not played this since season 6 I think and just put a boatload of hours into a whirlwind barb. I got to paragon 753 which is the highest I've ever been. I tried out several builds, most with solid gear, all with ancient weapons. Raekor / Immortal King charge barb, Full Raekor with Hammer of the Ancients spam, Leapquake, and whirlwind. WW was easily the most fun but good lord it sucks. My friends were doing WAY more damage, and just as good if not better survivability than me. In the end, I'm done with the game again. The content is lacking sorely, the end game is not fun, no trading is garbage. I would play Path of Exile but the time investment is so insane compared to D3 which you can be decked out in a few hours. I really hope they just steal all the end game ideas of PoE and put it in D4.

Dubloon7

Banned
i recently purchased this for PS4, and just played thru the Necro storyline. I have no interest in this game whatsoever anymore as i felt it dragged on too long, nothing worthwhile, and every story chapter played the same of GO HERE, FIND THIS, KILL THAT. WHY should I pick this back up/continue?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i recently purchased this for PS4, and just played thru the Necro storyline. I have no interest in this game whatsoever anymore as i felt it dragged on too long, nothing worthwhile, and every story chapter played the same of GO HERE, FIND THIS, KILL THAT. WHY should I pick this back up/continue?
Loot my friend

Dubloon7

Banned
Looks like you didn't get the right loot yet 😎

if you believe diablo3 is a good game based on its looting system, you can believe it but i don't and won't. nothing in diablo3 kept me interested; story is linear, bland, and outright sucks; characters are bland; and character progression stopped at level 15 where each action in the repetitive game made it more and more boring.

Nioh makes everything I complain about 1000% better.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if you believe diablo3 is a good game based on its looting system, you can believe it but i don't and won't. nothing in diablo3 kept me interested; story is linear, bland, and outright sucks; characters are bland; and character progression stopped at level 15 where each action in the repetitive game made it more and more boring.

Ok

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

You asked for advice then continue to crap talk the game. If you don't want to play it then don't play it. But there's no reason to come into the thread and just crap talk.

Dubloon7

Banned
You asked for advice then continue to crap talk the game. If you don't want to play it then don't play it. But there's no reason to come into the thread and just crap talk.
read my comment slowly.

there's no crap talk, there's a honest review. if it looks like crap to you then get your eyes fixed and play something else.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
read my comment slowly.

there's no crap talk, there's a honest review. if it looks like crap to you then get your eyes fixed and play something else.
"Than this heap of overhyped crap."

Riiighhttttt.

Just move on friend. Diablo 3 can't hurt you anymore.

Top Bottom