• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ch4fx_

A friend of mine is having issues with this update, any help is appreciated.

His version is digital & since the 2.4.3 update, the game closes automatically when he tries to launch it. He has deleted & redownloaded the game, but still having the same issues. This doesn't seem to be a widespread problem as neither of us could find any similar posts on Google, reddit, Blizzards website, ect..ect..

EDIT - thankfully, it started working.

III-V

A friend of mine is having issues with this update, any help is appreciated.

His version is digital & since the 2.4.3 update, the game closes automatically when he tries to launch it. He has deleted & redownloaded the game, but still having the same issues. This doesn't seem to be a widespread problem as neither of us could find any similar posts on Google, reddit, Blizzards website, ect..ect..

I have digital version as well no issues sorry to hear that.

Nokterian

Looks like i am getting xbox one version also i mean 23 euro's is a steal. I also play on PC but would be fun to play with some fellow gaffers on console..you can add me nickname is the same as here.

Aztec_82

There appears to be no added thropies to the PS4 update unless I am not seeing them.

Very fun update though with the old school graphics!

Nokterian

Anyone wanna play with me on Xbox One? You can add me with the same nickname as here i am playing a WD! Playing through the campaign before i can unlock adventure mode..been a longtime doing that.

Number45

There will be patches to download, but as long as you buy the Ultimate Evil Edition you'll get (either on the disc, or via download) all of the content that has been released for the console.

glaurung

Am I missing anything by buying this used or is everything on disc?

There will be patches to download, but as long as you buy the Ultimate Evil Edition you'll get (either on the disc, or via download) all of the content that has been released for the console.
There might have been a DLC code for a Legendary ring and pauldrons. Maybe some cosmetic thingie too. But maybe I'm thinking about the PS3 version, not PS4.

You can easily live without those.

So I finished my first play through this weekend and now Im wanting to tackle the Diablo 1 levels. So in order to receive the pet I need to complete the levels with a new character, right? Is the Paragon stuff supposed to be available? I dont want to go through the whole thing and then get shafted because I screwed up somewhere.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So I finished my first play through this weekend and now Im wanting to tackle the Diablo 1 levels. So in order to receive the pet I need to complete the levels with a new character, right? Is the Paragon stuff supposed to be available? I dont want to go through the whole thing and then get shafted because I screwed up somewhere.
New character is the only requirement. You can use Paragon levels and any Kanai's Cube powers you may have if you wish.

BigDug13

If seasons are coming to console, does that mean the game is becoming online required and server based? Or has it already become that? I stopped playing the PS4 version because I could never get into a game without people with hacked items.

Number45

If seasons are coming to console, does that mean the game is becoming online required and server based? Or has it already become that? I stopped playing the PS4 version because I could never get into a game without people with hacked items.
I would assume you'll still be able to play the current version with hacked items if you really want to, and the season option will be there for people who would rather play an unbroken game.

I'm just looking forward to parity with the PC version. It's going to make builds that much easier to research.

Alric

I got to level 7 or 8 yesterday in the diablo 1 dungeon then stopped playing. Today I went to start again but I had to start from level 1. So are you supposed to do the whole thing in 1 run? I never left the dungeon, just turned it off when I got to the next level.

Since i'm not level 20 and starting from the beginning of the dungeon again do you think it'll mess up that "start at level 1" achievement?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I got to level 7 or 8 yesterday in the diablo 1 dungeon then stopped playing. Today I went to start again but I had to start from level 1. So are you supposed to do the whole thing in 1 run? I never left the dungeon, just turned it off when I got to the next level.

Since i'm not level 20 and starting from the beginning of the dungeon again do you think it'll mess up that "start at level 1" achievement?
Everything in the game resets when you exit.

Apart from quest progression checkpoints. Dungeons etc all reset by design.

LogicStep

So the last time I played this game it was around season 1 going by what my history says. Did I miss anything cool in particular? I'm guessing each season brings cool little things like wings and pets I'm guessing?

I started a Wizard for season 9 and I'm having fun melting faces. Right now I'm at lvl 51 just doing bounties. Is that all there is to do? Bounties and Rifts? How have rifts changed since they were first introduced?

Also, what's the GAF guild? What do you guys do together?

Dazzyman

If your on ps4 can you add Dazzy_man to get goodies from me as just bought this in the sale. I also have it on xbox1 (Dazzyman) and pc but only played 6 chars on xbox1.

Looking forward to getting back into this after a break :)

Reading about consoles getting seasons when PC gets season 10 and talk of stopping modded items etc. has rekindled my interest a bit! Mainly play DH in a multi-shot build and I'm often playing locally with two others (mainly a Crusader and Witch Doctor), so feel free to add kqedequalsvolvo if you fancy joining a party sometime!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I just downloaded this again and I'm looking for help to power level and unlock adventure mode. Anyone able to help? I'm on PS4.

So this is where the Diablo console plebs hang out... :p

PS4 here, came back after 2+ years to play the anniversary event and got hooked.

Waiting for seasons on consoles....hurry up Blizzard!

Vashetti

Banned
Probably not possible, but is there a way me and my partner can do co-op on the PS4, but without splitscreen?

His PC is right beside the PS4, is there some way he could remote-play to his PC and be the second player, without split-screen taking up the TV?

Edit: sorry, didn't mean splitscreen, I mean is there a way we can have independent screens, e.g. when we bring up a menu it's not for both players, and the screen doesn't get pulled by either of our characters going a certain direction

PS4 here, came back after 2+ years to play the anniversary event and got hooked.

Waiting for seasons on consoles....hurry up Blizzard!

yeah - just realised I have been reading the PC specific thread for the last few weeks when there was a console one!

I am on Xbox though - so forever separated by hardware :)

I have a multi-shot DH that can do torment 13 and Grifts up to 65ish (solo, a bit less if carrying someone)

I'm only online a couple of times a week but if anyone wants help drop me a message on Xbox Live.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Probably not possible, but is there a way me and my partner can do co-op on the PS4, but without splitscreen?

His PC is right beside the PS4, is there some way he could remote-play to his PC and be the second player, without split-screen taking up the TV?

Edit: sorry, didn't mean splitscreen, I mean is there a way we can have independent screens, e.g. when we bring up a menu it's not for both players, and the screen doesn't get pulled by either of our characters going a certain direction

Short answer is unfortunately no.

I had no idea, either. Haha!

My story is similar, but different. I started playing the PC version again to get ready for the anniversary event, after a 3 1/2 year hiatus. As a SysAdmin by day, though, I try to limit my time in front of the PC when I get home; it's a quick way to burnout city. So, console gaming is where I spend most of my time. When the PS4 version went on sale for $20 I was sold hook, line, and sinker.

And I got hooked.

I'm Paragon 685 right now in, what, a little over a month?

Yeah, definitely hooked.

Anyone else on the PS4 hit me up (PSN is in profile). I'd love to have more people to play with! I can do GR74 on my Witch Doctor and TXIII easily on my Wizard. Those are my two favorite classes.

Same, I thought I'd just play the Anniversary event and put the game away for good, ended up leveling a new char and went from Paragon 80 to 700 lol

Got a Crusader and Barbarian atm, I might pick up a monk soon..

Feel free to add me on psn.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am on X1 and PC. I love the X1 version. Leveling a witch doctor for my first time. He has an entire gang with him, so it has been a blast. I hope to get it to 70 this weekend then start running some rifts.

Dating sim minigame and political tweet integration.
Blizzard really is the best at everything they do. They know what us gamers want, without us even knowing we want that! They really have pushed the genre forward with the dating sim elements and tweet integration that utilizes advanced political algorithms.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Forgive me if I've missed it, but is there a list of legitimate PS4 players to play MP with somewhere? I don't want to have my legit character ruined by playing MP with anyone who's hacking the grand. Thanks.

If you want to add me, my game ID is:

tekumseh

Just like my user ID here. Thanks again!

Forgive me if I've missed it, but is there a list of legitimate PS4 players to play MP with somewhere? I don't want to have my legit character ruined by playing MP with anyone who's hacking the grand. Thanks.

If you want to add me, my game ID is:

tekumseh

Just like my user ID here. Thanks again!
I'd love to have more people to slay demons with! I'll add you later today. I've Paragon ~720 and can do GR75, Witch Doctor and Wizard are my two mains.

Top Bottom