• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Forgive me if I've missed it, but is there a list of legitimate PS4 players to play MP with somewhere? I don't want to have my legit character ruined by playing MP with anyone who's hacking the grand. Thanks.

If you want to add me, my game ID is:

tekumseh

Just like my user ID here. Thanks again!

Serious question, but how can your character get ruined? I've been playing with randoms and haven't noticed any hacking. Granted I'm sub 70.

I'll add you when I get home from work.

Blues1990

With Season 9 coming to a close later this week, is anyone willing to help me grind out the last few Destroyer and Conqueror quests? I really want that extra tab for my stash, but at level 510, I feel I won't be able to do it on my own.

Number45

With Season 9 coming to a close later this week, is anyone willing to help me grind out the last few Destroyer and Conqueror quests? I really want that extra tab for my stash, but at level 510, I feel I won't be able to do it on my own.
Are you looking for the PC thread?

I think I can help with a few objectives to help you get your stash tab. What season objectives do you have left?

And are you playing in the Americas server? I'll be online 2 hours from now. boybrushdred#1332

Uhhhh, so I'm trying to play for the first time since the weekend, and when I go to load the game I get a message that says, "your save data has been corrupted, which may have resulted in the loss of stash items, gold and heroes."

I didn't do anything the last time I played in order for this to happen. No power loss. Nothing. It's the only game I'm having problems with.

Edit: I fixed it with a cloud save backup, but I lost hours of work. Had gotten my demon hunter from 42-70 that day and a wizard to 20. Pretty annoying but it's not everything, at least.

Blues1990

I think I can help with a few objectives to help you get your stash tab. What season objectives do you have left?

And are you playing in the Americas server? I'll be online 2 hours from now. boybrushdred#1332

I play on the American servers, but I won't be online until 7:00 PM Pacific time, what with me being at work ATM.

My B.Net username is Blues1990#1733, and I have a couple left for both tiers.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seasons have come to PS4. Just jumped in but don't see any Season related content or options yet. Not sure how they work as the patch notes don't say a lot.

The season starts on the 31st, in the evening. Of course I will be packing up for my move to Atlanta at that time.

Here are the details about seasons on consoles - https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20635661/seasons-on-console-3-20-2017

Here are the patch notes -
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20635663/patch-250-now-live-3-21-2017

Kilvin

So I've got a bit of a story.

My dad has never been much of a gamer, he's dabbled in games like Gran Turismo from time to time but it's never really stuck.

Fast forward to Fall 2016 and he surprises everyone by deciding to buy a PS4, he retired in February and he figured it would be something to do with his extra time. He purchased the system as well as Diablo 3 UEE and he immediately got hooked on the game. He's bought a few other games since then but nothing has really caught his attention for long and he always goes back to Diablo.

Now I also own the game but haven't really played it much lately, it's been around 3-4 months since I last fired it up. On a whim last night I decided to play it for a few hours and when I logged on I noticed I had some mail. When i went and had a look I had around a dozen pieces of mail from my dad and each one had an orange unidentified piece of armor or weapon attached to it...

All this time and my dad has been sending gifts to me in the game. We love each other but have never been particularly close and man just something about the gesture honestly made me tear up....just had to share because I was really touched by it.

A few pieces were actually better than what my current character had so it was quite useful. I promptly sent him a package of goods back and now I'm inspired to start playing again and trying to find items for him to use on his Barbarian.

h3ro

Looks like quitting out after rolling shards/items prior to a save to re-roll for different RNG has been removed!

r/D3PS4 link to the discussion
Prior to patch 2.5 you could gamble your shards at Kadala or upgrade rares or reforge and if you never liked the results simply quit the game and load again and you get your shards back to respend until you get what you want.

Blizzard somehow have changed this so that if you quit after spending shards and reload the results will be the same next time you load.

For example, get 5 belts from kadala, quit the game abruptly and reload and the 5 belts from kadala will be the same ones as before.

This might indicate that seasons will be online to 'register' your character and then offline following. Big blow to those to who used this loophole to save on losing mats while re-rolling. Something that I admit I'm guilty of on occasion. No biggie!

RNGesus is a false idol. At least on console anyway.

Big blow to those to who used this loophole to save on losing mats while re-rolling. Something that I admit I'm guilty of on occasion. No biggie!
I had no idea this was even possible. It's not something I would have taken advantage of, but still interesting to know. And good to know it's been fixed.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I played a rift this morning with my freshly minted 70-level Witch Doctor. I forgot how much I love this game. Can't wait for seasons to begin. Though when it starts I will be about to drive from Texas to Georgia.

ZangBa

I'm glad they fixed Kadala, but what took so long if they didn't need to be always online to do it? What the hell, lol. I won't lie, I abused it because I felt like it was obviously the most efficient way to play which unfortunately made the game really boring for me. I know I wasn't forced to do it, but it felt that way.

Wasn't this a legacy exploit from PS3/360 versions? If so those items can't carry to the seasons characters, as long as you're playing those (when they launch) you're safe.

No but you can still dupe items on PS4/xbone if you use a second controller or send items via the mailbox...asking if that has been addressed.

Some info on how Seasons work on console. I quoted the whole writeup from r/diablo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/62rmw5/how_seasons_actually_work_on_console/

Ok guys...I did a fair bit of testing last night and want to summarize how it all works. . .

SAVES ARE OFFLINE ON YOUR CONSOLE
No big deal...you need a PSN account and need to be online to create a seasonal character. You also need to be online to continue your seasonal character.
BUT if you then go offline after loading your save you can continue offline and it will save your progression in terms of items found etc. What it may not save is any Seasonal Journey challenges you unlock and any leaderboard entries.
What this means for Hardcore is that a) you can restore your save and your character will be back from death and b) if you get disconnected you will not die like PC.

TRADE
No-one can trade at all in seasons on consoles.
I can't stress that enough.
Even 2 players in the same online session or 2 players couch co-op that find gear together cannot share that loot.
There is no mailbox, it is disabled. You cannot trade in the party system. In couch co-op if one person drops gear and the other picks it up the gear goes back into the inventory of the character who dropped it.
In online if you drop gear the other person cannot see it.
If you enter a game hosted by someone else, drop gear (they cannot see it) and then you quit, restore your save and rejoin the same session the item you dropped is not there...you can't dupe that way either.
Thus, with zero trade at all we know what that means. No copying of items.

FUNNY GEAR
With no way to trade and no way to import save from lastgen then all that funny gear that kills things in a GR150 is gone.

KADALA/CUBE
If you gamble shards or do something in the cube or craft something and then do certain things to reuse the shards or reuse your mats you will get the same items.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
It means seasons on consoles are in a great spot. All the known exploits are gone.
Yes you can restore a Hardcore character from death since it is offline saves and both consoles offer a backup save system.
Also, no trade may mean that console players may struggle to match PC players in terms of building a top build because EVERYTHING a console seasonal player does has to be self found, self crated or self gambled.
Seasons being 3 months long may mean to get all Ancients or Primals will take a long time.
Top PC streamers get help from party members as they can trade within the party for the first hour or so after they find items thus top players get others to send them mats etc.
But that is minor.
Everyone on console is in the same boat, they seem clean and with zero trade means no copying of items which is most important.
Happy seasonal hunting folks!

I have a question about seasons on console.

So the list of challenges for "Chapter I" includes running a rift and doing some bounties. So to that end, when playing a season am I meant to run through the entire story mode before I can even think about tackling the challenges? Does every season involve having to run through the entire story mode?

Number45

I have a question about seasons on console.

So the list of challenges for "Chapter I" includes running a rift and doing some bounties. So to that end, when playing a season am I meant to run through the entire story mode before I can even think about tackling the challenges? Does every season involve having to run through the entire story mode?
I would assume (never played seasons on PC, I'd stopped playing by that point) that you can just run adventure mode rather than having to run through the story each time.

Fake edit: Yup, looks like that's the case.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Did I actually miss seasons coming to console? According to this it was scheduled to start at the end of March!
But the season is live on consoles.

I'm back to playing again now that I see that Seasons are live on consoles. Could've sworn they said that will never happen. Impressive support from Blizz.

are seasons are safe from all the rampant hacking and bullshit from playing pub matches?

I've been playing every season on PC but would like a reason to do it on consoles, but not if it's fucked

are seasons are safe from all the rampant hacking and bullshit from playing pub matches?

I've been playing every season on PC but would like a reason to do it on consoles, but not if it's fucked
Yes. You can't trade or send/receive from other players. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe dropped loot is player-specific and no one player can see the other's, even if dropped.

III-V

Yes. You can't trade or send/receive from other players. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe dropped loot is player-specific and no one player can see the other's, even if dropped.

Wouldn't things have to be online only? so that items could not be duped/hacked?

Krayzie

Looks like someone's found an exploit on ps4 seasons. There's a monk on the leaderboards with all 13 primals. Not just random gear thrown together btw.

Probably doesn't know how to play the game though as he's only rank 11.

What a cunty bastard. Hope this gets sorted out soon.

j-wood

So I just heard you get more stash tabs if you do some stuff on a season character? Does that carry over to your non season character?

I had that I have that 2nd chest now, but only 1 tab :(

Krayzie

So I just heard you get more stash tabs if you do some stuff on a season character? Does that carry over to your non season character?

I had that I have that 2nd chest now, but only 1 tab :(

Yup, all stash tabs earned during seasons will carry over to non-seasonal.

Btw, this is the console thread bud.

PC thread

Number45

Looks like someone's found an exploit on ps4 seasons. There's a monk on the leaderboards with all 13 primals. Not just random gear thrown together btw.

Probably doesn't know how to play the game though as he's only rank 11.

What a cunty bastard. Hope this gets sorted out soon.
Is it not possible to get those through RNG alone?

Number45

I believe climbing the leaderboard on console is pointless, because of rampant cheating, no?
This is, as far as we currently know, not true. It looks like someone may have found a way to manipulate gambling (or another gear related RNG process) but it's not confirmed as far as I know and certainly not rampant. And as seasons is required online, it's something that Blizzard can hopefully resolve next time around.

Number45

Wish I could but the Crusader Set Dungeon is impossible. Doesn't have anywhere near the mob density needed. Feels broken.
I've only tried mine once - one of the tasks was cake (hit enemies with boulder toss for 3750% weapon damage x amount of times) but the other was to hit 15+ enemies with a single furious charge something like 8 times and I only managed it twice. As I started to realise I needed to manage the groups I then just ran out of time instead!

Will try again at some point, but I'm not a massive fan of that mechanic right now.

Number45

Version 1.20 currently downloading to PS4.

EDIT:

Fixed various issues with leaderboards
Fixed a bug causing some users to crash during multiplayer

Top Bottom