• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Diablo Immortal Delayed to 2022

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com

Following feedback provided by test participants of the Closed Alpha, our team has been tuning core and endgame features. For example, we’re iterating on PvP content like the Cycle of Strife to make it more accessible, alongside late-game PvE content like the Helliquary to make it more engaging. We’re also working to provide controller support for those who want to play our game in a different way. However, these changes and additional opportunities to improve our gameplay experience will not be realized in the 2021 timeframe we had previously communicated. So, the game is now planned for release in the first half of 2022, which will allow us to add substantial improvements to the whole game.

Making a re-skinned Chinese Diablo clone is hard.

Tg89

Nov 4, 2020
Oooh controller support. The dream of this ending up on switch lives. I know I seem crazy for wanting this but D3 on switch is my crack.
You're about to get Diablo II so I wouldn't sweat either way. D2 is truly immortal in terms of standing the test of time.

Anyway, don't really care about this. Honestly surprised it was supposed to be out before that, but between Diablo III, this being a mobile spinoff and Blizzard's current and recent trajectory, I can't ever imagine a scenario where I play this when D2 is an option.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
Probably waiting long enough for people to collectively forget all the bad press they've got in the past few weeks.

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
Probably waiting long enough for people to collectively forget all the bad press they've got in the past few weeks.
That and also one would think they'd have the bare minimum of sense now seeing that they cannot afford a release of less than decent quality of anything. Releasing anything on the level of Reforged now would simply be even further disastrous.

Last edited:
Reactions: jshackles

amigastar

May 14, 2018

No but seriousy i can wait. i'm more hyped for Diablo 4.

LordCBH

Jun 4, 2020
They should just take all the files and folders related to it and drop them in their PC’s trash bin.

• LOL
Reactions: rkofan87

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
They should just take all the files and folders related to it and drop them in their PC’s trash bin.

Won't help. They can just get them back from the chinese diablo clone they are using to make this.

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
Oooh controller support. The dream of this ending up on switch lives. I know I seem crazy for wanting this but D3 on switch is my crack.
I'll never understand anyone who acts likes Diablo is some sort of super in-depth, complicated game that couldn't possibly play well on controller. The gameplay is about as simple as a game can be.

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
I'm so glad all these games keep getting delayed, my backlog is like 600 hours long.

Like killatopak killatopak my addled brain thought this was the D2 remake, doh! I don't care a crap about this lol

Last edited:

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Feel like this has been featured in the pre registration on the play store for an eternity.

They should remove it until closer to an actual launch.

Airbus Jr

Aug 12, 2018
If D2 is 2021 and Immortal is 2022. I'd say D4 is 2024.

I know these games arent the same (one is a remake and one mobile), but no way Activision makes D4 a 2023 game.
Damn...i was expecting D4 to come up next year...this is gona be a long wait....

TheMan

Jul 31, 2006
Honestly as long as DII comes out on time i'm good. I'd probably play this mobile version for like 30 minutes and then forget about it.

Elder Legend

Yoir Aee Member
Jun 10, 2019
At first I disliked Diablo Immortal but I heard positive stuff from people who played it. So, looking forward to it.

Reactions: Kuranghi

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Diablo Immortal has the potential to the be most played, highest grossing game in the series.
I think people keep missing this. I hate most mobile games and gachas and f2p economy crap myself, but there's no question it prints money, especially in countries overseas (hence China), and Immortal definitely has the potential to bring in tons of money in that regard.

Foorbits

Nov 14, 2008
I think people keep missing this. I hate most mobile games and gachas and f2p economy crap myself, but there's no question it prints money, especially in countries overseas (hence China), and Immortal definitely has the potential to bring in tons of money in that regard.
Call of Duty Mobile is poised to make $1 billion this year alone. Not a single word about this game on here. And it's actually a pretty damn good game!