• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal now has the lowest user score in Metacritic history.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Diablo Immortal now has the worst Metacritic user score in the website’s history.

At the time of writing, the PC version of the free-to-play MMO has a user score of 0.2 out of 10, based on nearly 2000 user ratings.

Blizzard‘s previous lowest-rated game – its 2021 re-release of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade – received a 0.5 score for adding microtransactions and a much-criticised faction system.

FVDdD99X0AA9PKp

rubenburgt

And despite it's poor reception will it probably still make a ton of money resulting in Blizzard Activision adding more microtransactions in upcoming games.

Now that I think about it, there were reports of OW2 becoming free to play and getting a battle pass and Diablo 4 getting microtransactions.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
And despite it's poor reception will it probably still make a ton of money resulting in Blizzard Activision adding more microtransactions in upcoming games.

Now that I think about it, there were reports of OW2 becoming free to play and getting a battle pass and Diablo 4 getting microtransactions.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take alot of notes for Diablo 4, why have the players feel rewarded when you can make them pay for the privilege?

kirby007

I dont even rate apps on the appstore why would i rate them on a seperate platform 100% of the non forumdwellers

I mean, you hire the developer infamous for its predatory monetization and psychological manipulation (even by Chinese market standards) and this is what you get.

Saber

Gold Member
Let me guess...all those "1943 users" are haters doing review bomb.

If it was the opposite, everything would be fine.

The critic score is also a pretty low 62... not low enough, but it's something.
The gaming press needs to call this crap out way more severely!

Top Bottom