• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta Info: availability, classes, PC requirements, rewards, more

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Pennywise

Banned

DIABLO IV OPEN BETA DETAILS​

• Early Access to the Open Beta (for those who pre-purchased Diablo IV) begins March 17 at 9 a.m. PST and concludes March 20 at 12 p.m. PST.
  • The Open Beta (for everyone) begins March 24 at 9 a.m. PST and concludes March 27 at 12 p.m. PST.
  • Progress carries from Early Access Beta to Open Beta
  • Progress DOES NOT carry from Beta to Full Game
  • You can pre-purchase during Early Beta to get access to it
  • Early Access Beta available classes: Barbarian, Sorcerer, Rogue
  • Open Beta classes available: ALL: Barbarian, Sorcerer, Rogue, Druid, Necromancer
  • You can go up to level 25 (you can keep playing as long as you want while beta lasts with this max lvl)
  • You can have up to 10 characters slots
  • Beta available zones: Prologue and the entirety of Act 1. The first zone, Fractured Peaks, is yours to navigate as you please.
  • Beta available on consoles too (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4)
  • Couch co-op available on consoles
  • You can use a controller on PC
  • Rewards from playing the Beta (they carry to full game):
    Initial Casualty Title: earned by reaching Kyovashad with one character.
    Early Voyager Title: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.
    Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetic Item: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character:

1MAS4ME.png

N43ZLDK6HAMM1677608077080.gif

PC System requirements for Diablo IV Beta:

5Nk5XWW.png

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I’ve come to terms with them not putting this on Steam despite MW2 being there and doing huge numbers. But if they make people preorder this to get the beta then decide later to drop it on Steam I will be properly butthurt. Recommended specs being a 970 is wild and tells me this would run fine on steam deck. MS please close your deal and put an end to this madness.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
can you actually see that puppy with that over the top camera angle? lol

Kuranghi

I still remember booting up my physical version of D3 for the first time, magical... well the magic happened a few hours later when the download finished and the server let me in but still, I think I played for 15 hours straight without stopping, ordered takeaways for all meals and phoned my friend and told him he had to buy it immediately and join me. Please be good:

Cat Please GIF by Atinum
James Franco Please GIF
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Or else I might have to go back to D3 to drown my sorrows:

red panda please GIF

Last edited:

Salz01

It’s almost like no point in playing the pre beta, it will be error 37 all over again. Looking forward to open beta when they have it figured out.

MikeM

Bodes well for PS5/Series X with those recommended settings.

To confirm- not available on Steam? If not, likely a PS5 buy.

DavidGzz

Well over 3 days for each. I wonder how slow the leveling is. Level 20 doesn't sound too hard if it's like the other games. I can't wait!

Kuranghi

I just watched a D4 dev video that came out an hour ago, oh my god it was so cringe, worse than usual for these sorts of things, I accidentally got too high just before I watched it and I got this feeling like there were guns trained on them from off screen :ROFLMAO::

Couldn't handle more than a few mins in a row without skipping. I also kinda got a bad feeling about the gameplay but I'm at least hopeful they can make it better after launch like D3, in fact I have this feeling they have no idea what they're doing.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I just watched a D4 dev video that came out an hour ago, oh my god it was so cringe, worse than usual for these sorts of things, I accidentally got too high just before I watched it and I got this feeling like there were guns trained on them from off screen :ROFLMAO::

Couldn't handle more than a few mins in a row without skipping. I also kinda got a bad feeling about the gameplay but I'm at least hopeful they can make it better after launch like D3, in fact I have this feeling they have no idea what they're doing.

The host was really struggling and so forth.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Maybe this is the right place to ask: is your character and progress bound to your platform or to your battlenet account? Can I start playing on ps 5, continue on pc and then finish on series X?

I'm not a fan of Diablo III, but I'd consider trying the beta. Seems like you can't predownload it in anticipation though and my internet is so bad I'd likely take the whole open beta period to just download it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

GymWolf

I'm gonna ask again here, how much time does usually pass between first beta and final game release for diablo titles?

Schmendrick

I'm gonna ask again here, how much time does usually pass between first beta and final game release for diablo titles?
Why does that matter if we already have a release date?
Also the last new diablo game released over a decade ago and you can't really translate standards from back then to modern development.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Why does that matter if we already have a release date?
Also the last new diablo game released over a decade ago and you can't really translate standards from back then to modern development.

I was not aware that the game has already a final date release, i thought we were still guessing.

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom