• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Maaaannnnnn...... I had the bright idea of jump into que and perfectly time it to putting my kid down for a nap. Kid down for the nap, create my Necromancer, past the first cutscene. I notice on my second monitor that Nvidia released a D4 Driver update and without thinking I closed Diablo 4 and downloaded the driver.......To then realize I have to wait back in the que......

Damnit.

XomHgt.gif

Gudji

Been playing for 1 hour and 15 minutes straight, no problems so far. I'm enjoying the game but there's a couple of things that annoyed me so far: the switch from 60 to 30 fps on some cutscenes, the zoomed camera while in town. The first one doesn't bother me as much but the second one I find rather annoying. Hopefully they'll give us the option down the road.

Luipadre

Holy shit wtf is this broken ass HDR on consoles. QA team hello? as soon as you fire up the game you get grey black, anyone who has eyes can see that something is wrong there.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Maaaannnnnn...... I had the bright idea of jump into que and perfectly time it to putting my kid down for a nap. Kid down for the nap, create my Necromancer, past the first cutscene. I notice on my second monitor that Nvidia released a D4 Driver update and without thinking I closed Diablo 4 and downloaded the driver.......To then realize I have to wait back in the que......

Damnit.

XomHgt.gif
Hahaha classic..

G-Bus

Banned
Why are server issues still a thing? Online games, MMO's. So much experience with this online server shit.

Why isn't this streamlined easy. It's.blizzard ffs.

Antwix

This beta runs like absolute DOGSHIT for me, both betas. I've tried nearly everything. Safe to say I'm not picking up Diablo IV.
Haven't had much of a problem in either beta with anything crazy. Both betas have that stutter every minute or so which is annoying. But today's beta, at least for right now, is a bit laggier than last week for me.

zomboden

Banned
The best feeling is when you finish your 1 hour queue and then your login attempt times out and it puts you back into queue. I have a feeling the launch of this game is going to be a nightmare.

AJUMP23

I just finished playing for a while. Game is good on XBOX. I had a lot of fun, beat a Den Mother boss after 3 tries. I had to stick and move as a barbarian.

I would like to play with a group of people but I don't know that I have friends that want to play.

amigastar

Tomorrow the Queue should be better, but i don't understand why it doesn't work from start?
I think i'm gonna play D2R for now.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Shit I played for like 3 hours...
Finished with Necro at 17...Necro can absolutely wipe away mobs due to the corpse explosion, but on single target enemies like bosses it's difficult. Basically need abilities that generate corpses and the skill tree ones don't seem to do that effectively.
Tried to reshuffle the skills but didn't see anything for single target that would be an easy tweak.
Will try druid later, maybe get a class up to 25 and do the world boss and some other stronghold stuff.
It's a pretty solid game, feels big and this is just act I.

PC performance was absolute dogshit. Putting textures on high jus caused lagging, and I don't think it's my PC because last beta was fine, or at least better.
Hope they sort that out before release, I really want those high textures and I think a 3080 should be enough at 4k.
First world problems.

Antwix

Finished with Necro at 17...Necro can absolutely wipe away mobs due to the corpse explosion, but on single target enemies like bosses it's difficult. Basically need abilities that generate corpses and the skill tree ones don't seem to do that effectively.
Tried to reshuffle the skills but didn't see anything for single target that would be an easy tweak.
Will try druid later, maybe get a class up to 25 and do the world boss and some other stronghold stuff.

PC performance was absolute dogshit. Putting textures on high jus caused lagging, and I don't think it's my PC because last beta was fine, or at least better.
Hope they sort that out before release, I really want those high textures and I think a 3080 should be enough at 4k.
First world problems.
bone spear worked pretty nicely for me on single targets along with the upgrade to make the enemy vulnerable.

my internet messed up and got kicked :( back to the queue :(

iQuasarLV

Tomorrow the Queue should be better, but i don't understand why it doesn't work from start?
The penny pinchers are seeing how little hardware they can get away with to host the launch day crowds.

However, it will be shit on launch day as they figure out the extra people who didn't decide to play the beta are trying to log in.

iQuasarLV

First world problems.
Does it play like that in dungeons, or outside on the open map?

Luipadre

First world problems.

yeah the stutter in gameplay is bad but its much worse in cutscenes. Can you cancel preorder on bnet btw? i might wait until launch and decide between pc or ps5.

amigastar

The penny pinchers are seeing how little hardware they can get away with to host the launch day crowds.

However, it will be shit on launch day as they figure out the extra people who didn't decide to play the beta are trying to log in.
Yeah, i also think they are min/maxing stuff out.

Hot5pur

Does it play like that in dungeons, or outside on the open map?
Open map is worse, it can be a bit better in dungeon.
But even on medium textures I had problems.
Not sure why, if it's a connection thing the graphical stuff should just be a function of my build.
There were also instances were I was teleported backwards because the game decided I was in the wrong place. Just lots of silly problems.

Neofire

Lord what did Blizzard do, do many glitches now on ps5. First it was the CS's acting up and appearing too dark. Now it's the gear and the stats not displaying properly.

Hot5pur

I'm not a fan of how the skeletons look. Almost okay they belong in Diablo 3.
I had the same thought, they kinda kill the whole dark/serious aesthetic.
They are lit up to stand out but there may be a better way to do it.
Feels like it's somewhere between D2 and D3 aesthetically for the game as a whole.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Yeah, the turquoise life bars above the skeletons isn't helping. And now I'm running through town and they're glitching like stop motion figures...

Gudji

The game is good but IDK there's this feeling I can't shake that its just a small improvement over Diablo 3. Its not blowing me away in any particular away, the thing I like most about it is the "MMO stuff" where you can see and find other players in the world.

DavidGzz

Check out how they don't even have any shadows here. They look like cartoon characters following me around. Fix this Blizzard, pls.
Vt6XWVR.jpg

NT80

Current Diablo 3 doesn't get remotely difficult until higher greater rifts, this isn't a good thing. I don't know what it is about modern game designers that think the slightest hint of challenging the player should be avoided.
I agree these kind of games are a lot more interesting when there challenging. I don't want to have to play the game multiple times before it reaches that point. I might lose interest before then.

treemk

Banned
I agree these kind of games are a lot more interesting when there challenging. I don't want to have to play the game multiple times before it reaches that point. I might lose interest before then.
Yep, I enjoyed the beta of D4 because of the atmosphere and stuff. But if the difficulty doesn't ramp up to engage me once the newness wears off it will be boring as hell.

Luipadre

TMlie3.png

This is blizzards HDR. If you dont want to give a shit about doing decent HDR, than dont even implement it. No wonder that console coop footage looked awful, they captured the HDR source

Last edited:

Nico_D

I played some. The difficulty is stupid, D2 was hard even on normal, this is like story mode on veteran. Stopped playing for today because how boring it started to feel.

Stafford

Holy shit wtf is this broken ass HDR on consoles. QA team hello? as soon as you fire up the game you get grey black, anyone who has eyes can see that something is wrong there.

TMlie3.png

This is blizzards HDR. If you dont want to give a shit about doing decent HDR, than dont even implement it. No wonder that console coop footage looked awful, they captured the HDR source

Thank you!

It's such a damn shame, because I feel that this could look so good with proper black levels. Torches would look nice and bright but now we have this washed out mess. And yeah, agreed, if they can't make proper HDR, leave it the fuck out. Now we have to disable it on system level just for this game.

Have we had any cases of trash HDR that got fixed? I'm not holding my breath.

Rush2112

Banned
The game is good but IDK there's this feeling I can't shake that its just a small improvement over Diablo 3. Its not blowing me away in any particular away, the thing I like most about it is the "MMO stuff" where you can see and find other players in the world.
Yeah pretty much. It’s just more diablo. Not that its a bad thing.

DavidGzz

Ok, I sacrificed the skelly's for more crit chance, now I'm enjoying the necro a lot more. Corpse explosion and blood nova are so good! Druid pulverize is great as well. I had to pull myself away to go to the gym, hopefully queues are better tonight.

Macattk15

Lol. Disconnected at level 4 going into a small dungeon. Awesome stuff.

Play for 10 minutes. Queue for 90.

No thanks.

edit : Queue was 11 minutes to get back in ... so I am corrected.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I waited like one and a half hours and once it was finally my time I got an "unable to login" error and to the back of the queue I go again. Good times.

Edit: Yup, another 20 minute wait and another login error. That's it for me, see you six months after release when the server might work.

Last edited:

amigastar

I would love to see how many hours i've played the game. I like that always in Steam (more important than achievements to me, lol)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Don't know how I feel about the game, the whole beginning is kind of meh. Story wise, character wise. etc. A lot of bugs, long loading times between scenes (for what they are)... A lot of streaming issues, felt like it lacked that Blizzard polish (from way back than). The camera zooming in that close is meh...

Played for an hour and that's it, ill wait for release...or a couple months after it.

Top Bottom