• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE is Making a New Team to Work on Next Battlefield’s Single Player alongside Ridgeline Games

what do you think?

• I don't care about a BF campaign

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I am glad SP is back

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Battlefield died with 2042

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

H . R . 2

ss_c378ec3b0951e274244f337cf6fd42cd0ce875ed.1920x1080.jpg

“Our decision to build out our single-player team here at DICE is a proactive approach that arms our global teams with the resources they need early on as we look ahead to the next Battlefield experience, We have an immense amount of strength and opportunity within our three global studios, with each team bringing their own set of deep franchise experiences. Now, we are able to expand opportunities and benefit from new talent that will help Ridgeline write the next chapter for the franchise. Our vision coupled with their experience with the franchise is going to see us build a single-player campaign that will engage players in new ways while also remaining true to the classic elements of what makes Battlefield truly unique,”
Ridgeline Games lead Marcus Lehto

Reminder:
EA had established Ridgeline games back in Sep.
Headed by Halo series co-creator Lehto

Don't care about a campaign.

I'm hesitant to say BF is dead though - a good BF game would do well; I just don't know if they are capable of making one anymore.

Stuart360

I guess that confirms that EA think, at least in some way, think that having no campaign was part of the reason for 2042 underperforming.
I dont think having a campaign will help the next Battlefield much to be honest.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
No campaign was a problem with 2042, you guys are saying “why a campaign” because dude BF3’s campaign was good might else we’ll mention Bad Company’s.

Philfrag

Banned
A real Battlefield dev would say we don't need a single player game. A real Battlefield dev would look at their engine and platform they've built on past games and see an opportunity for players to create their own stories using emergent gameplay in their sandbox. They had scripted events in their worlds before with leveloution. How about expanding on that, creating new events that arent just related to destructibility. COD is already playing around with that idea (minimally) with their contracts system in DMZ. Everything about Dice and Battlefield just comes across as so dated now. There's so much opportunities to allow Battlefield as a franchise to flourish into something new and dictate where this space is going, yet they're stuck in 2009 thinking that a single player story mode is somehow an acceptable level of diversification for their franchise. Battle Royale games really did just completely break everyone's minds in the multiplayer FPS space didn't it. 'Oh we can't compete with Battle Royale so lets either completely copy it or regress to a time when the space felt safer without it. yuck

Top Bottom