• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Excalibur (1981) Have the Best Movie Posters Ever?

#Phonepunk#

Banned

what is even going on here?

Merlin appearing beneath trippy green smoke while a hot medieval babe is getting it on.

the crazed Dark Souls battle between a standard knight and one in gold, seemingly controlled by an evil red mist.

the sword itself, glittering with the most amazing airbrush lens flares of all time.

is there anything this cool, this metal, in pop movie poster history? i doubt it. prove me wrong.

the lens flares, my god, the lens flares.

Last edited:

Traianvs

I have a couple of original movie poster on the wall of my main corridor and I love them both. They are Italian movies from the 70s, one of my passion.

locandina.jpg

ea699-la2bvia2bdella2bprostituzione.jpg

Clearly not the "best ever" because I'm biased, but I like them a lot. There are treasure to discover in italian movies from that decade

Hissing Sid

Fab poster. Soundtrack is fab too. Some fab acting from the luvvies. Fab locations, costumes and dialogue. The whole film is just fab.

Extra merits for a young Gabriel Byrne in full plate going balls deep, young Patrick Stewart fucking his foes up with an axe, young Liam Neeson beating peeps up and young Helen Mirren being as completely fuckable as ever.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Love Excalibur.

Unfortunately, this is the cover of the DVD I own.

3268065_sa.jpg

Lol dvds dropping the ball so hard

To anyone asking, yeah the movie is great. Best Merlin of all time IMO and I really like the look of it, they used a lot of green lighting so when people are fighting in the woods in their armor there is this spooky green reflection. Good stuff

Last edited:
Love Excalibur.

Unfortunately, this is the cover of the DVD I own.

Sadly they used that same cheapo cover for the bluray too. -_-

I have to check it out. Sounds epic in a cheap way

It's a very good movie and only budgety when it comes to certain effects. I will say it's a "0 to 100" movie, that being it seems kinda sketchy at the start but by the end you feel like you watched a solid movie.

Uhtred

Im going to watch Excalibur this Weekend, its been too long. I have it on blu ray.

41NO0Yl0hUL.jpg

MV5BYWVmOTE2ZDEtMTEwNS00NjQzLTk5MDAtYzliODNhODI0Y2Q4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR67,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

80's were just bad ass!!!!! It was a bad ass decade to grow up in.

Last edited:

dan76

Poster art really went downhill with the introduction of photoshop. I love me some hand painted film posters.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lf

Speaking of MST3K I watched the one for Deathstalker last night. Movie was very lame but the poster was good, haha those monsters are not at all in the film. By the legend Roger Corman

Top Bottom