• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did I “get gud” at Dark Souls?

Maddux4164

• Solaire found a maggot
  • The lava was bright
  • The Bed was chaotic
  • The Tomb was dark
  • Patches was killed
  • The cooperation was jolly
Never meant to kill patches. He attacked me. Ugh. Also…. Solaire went crazy… and so I had to send him off to be with the sun.

Maddux4164

All 4 kings eventually bowed down and suckled my tit

I am a God and a Lord of gaming in general. It’s no longer a question. I can come along and destroy anything you’ve got in front of me

maybe it’s a platform and some stupid koopa on the other side
perhaps it’s in newer games that allow me to press A to win (also catch a trophy)
I dominate
If you’re not first you’re last (technically you’re second but humans don’t remember runner ups)
I am awesome and my mother loves me

cireza

Banned
All 4 kings eventually bowed down and suckled my tit

I am a God and a Lord of gaming in general. It’s no longer a question. I can come along and destroy anything you’ve got in front of me

maybe it’s a platform and some stupid koopa on the other side
perhaps it’s in newer games that allow me to press A to win (also catch a trophy)
I dominate
If you’re not first you’re last (technically you’re second but humans don’t remember runner ups)
I am awesome and my mother loves me
I see.

How about completing this game then :

Last edited:

Roufianos

I've likewise got gud. Best Demon's Souls and almost done with Dark Souls III. Couldn't beat the Abyss Watchers back in the day but did it 2nd time now.

Hit a bit of a hurdle though, I can't even get the Nameless King down to half health after the first stage.

I'm continuing on elsewhere with the game but feels like I have unfinished business.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

I've likewise got gud. Best Demon's Souls and almost done with Dark Souls III. Couldn't beat the Abyss Watchers back in the day but did it 2nd time now.

Hit a bit of a hurdle though, I can't even get the Nameless King down to half health after the first stage.

I'm continuing on elsewhere with the game but feels like I have unfinished business.
By nameless king ya mean 4 kings? Or nah? Guessing you’re speaking on DS3. That’s cool. You’ll get it. I’m a newb as it GETS and I’m 70% done with DS (maybe more)

After finishing Dark Souls Remastered the game stuck on my mind pretty long time. The lore, characters and music. I love the melancholy of it. The final boss made my eyes wet.

I started playing Dark Souls 3 and...

It's just...

FUCKING AWESOME!! The impacts of the hits of your sword on your enemies just looks and feels so good. A huge step up from DS1 and Demon's Souls Remake.

I'm just so glad/happy/excited that I've found From games and it's embarassing how lowly I thought about them before.

By nameless king ya mean 4 kings? Or nah? Guessing you’re speaking on DS3. That’s cool. You’ll get it. I’m a newb as it GETS and I’m 70% done with DS (maybe more)
Nameless King is an epic BAWS in Dark souls 3. A dude with a Lightning spear who rides a friggin dragon. Once you dismount him from the dragon he meets you in Mortal combat, casting lightning bolts and zipping around really fast as you both walk on the clouds. It's a totally awesome fight.

Soodanim

It's a good thing you described the entire fight so he doesn't have to experience it for himself

Frustrated Ashley Johnson GIF by Blindspot

Maddux4164

I think the difficulty of souls games are exaggerated. Yea there is a learning curve but they aren’t too hard. I found that the first few hours of them are tough but after that you are on a roll. Maybe the odd boss here and there will stop you for a bit but nothing crazy. Yea the games are challenging but not ridiculously unfair or punishing.
Probably why I’ve YET to get “frustrated“. Sure I’ve dealt with objections and obstacles. Otherwise what’s the point? But I’ve yet to want to “throw my controller” or anything. It’s been relatively issue free. I was Kind of shocked the 4 kings (played em solo) was so easy frankly.

Maddux4164

Did cool stuff. Just so anyone is aware who cares. I am ending this thread. It’s useless. Pointless. Too much hate coming my way (DM’s and more). Closing this thread. Thanks to the cool folks that interacted.

Maddux4164

this bullshit was my doing. The 600+ posts mean nothing. Bet I made 500+ of em. This is a complete waste. Fuck it. Thanks to the couple folks that posted. I will continue my DS run. But I am OVER this bull shit narcissistic shit. My apologies to ANYONE who read this non sense. Thanks and be well. Goodbye

Last edited:
This part in Dark Souls 3 made me laugh my ass off today:

PATCHES!
maxresdefault.jpg
He was pretty dissapointed that there weren't any giants because I had killed them..

Last edited:

Soodanim

This part in Dark Souls 3 made my laugh my ass off today:

PATCHES!
maxresdefault.jpg
He was pretty dissapointed that there weren't any giants because I had killed them..
I had to go out of my way to trigger that, because I completely missed it before, but it's great when it happens

Roufianos

New to the series, over the past month I have worked my way from DeS to BB from DS1 to now 3 I thought I was getting gud, then champion Gundyr happened
Oh really? I beat him first time pretty easily. Guess it depends on your build.

Beat the final boss in DS3 today, what a fucking nightmare. I found most of the later bosses pretty easy but this was insane.

Top Bottom