• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Konami delist Simpsons & X-Men Arcade on PSN?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I had a friend tell me that he was getting X-Men Arcade on PSN & couldn't find it, & we looked for the Simpsons Arcade Game as well & sure enough, they're no longer on the PSN store in the US. Even stranger considering both are on sale on XBLA at the moment.

Is it up for any other regions?

Edit: Even tried the direct links that Sony provides on playstation.com for Simpsons & X-Men & says the pages aren't found.

BTHR Zero X

Yeah they are not up on the EU Store, so I have no idea what is going on, I was going to purchase X-Men this morning but its vanished. It was there a few days ago.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MvC was Capcom and issues this is Konami
I would assume Konami's deal with Marvel expired, same with Capcom's deal for MvC2 & 3. No idea on Simpsons, though. Just glad I got it on both systems, though I wish we were told earlier, wouldn't have minded getting X-Men on PSN.

BAH!!! I was going to get both this weekend for some pick-up-and-play drunken family Christmas fun! I'm not going to torrent this out of principal, but what are my options other than piracy? If someone else has it, is there a way to get it on my machine through PSN?

I could blame this on digital, but they would stop a print run for the same reason.

EDIT: I just realized I would then be able to find a used copy.

*throws chair against wall

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The X-Men license is definitely expiring for everyone, as Microsoft just had a "last chance" X-Men sale for all X-Men games.

RaikuHebi

Banned
In these kind of scenarios they should release the games for free or something and installable externally.

This is a scenario where piracy benefits the consumer. These games will be downloadable forever on hacked PS3s and 360s.

Now you guys can buy better beat'em'ups like Dungeons and Dragons*!

*until that license expires too, all hail the digital future

Piccoro

DAMN IT! I hate this crap! HATE IT!

I'm tired of seeing games being delisted, Sony should at least warn us which games are being delisted in advance! There are a lot of old school games which I don't buy immediately but plan to buy later, and then they disappear! Good thing my brother bought X-Men and shared it with me.

Simpsons EU link if anybody is interested:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...de:ps-games-the-simpsons-arcade-game-ps3.html

For reference, here is a list of some games that vanished from the euro PS store (there are probably much more than these):

Outrun Online - Sega
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Capcom
GTI Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur - Konami
Michael Jackson the Experience HD - Ubisoft
Guardians of Middle-earth - Warner

And I have a feeling that Ducktales isn't gonna last for much longer...

EDIT: CRAP, the EU PS store Simpsons has a glitch! If you already downloaded the demo, the add to cart button doesn't appear! Or maybe they already removed it? Noooooooo...

DoubleTap

DAMN IT! I hate this crap! HATE IT!

I'm tired of seeing games being delisted, Sony should at least warn us which games are being delisted in advance! There are a lot of old school games which I don't buy immediately but plan to buy later, and then they disappear! Good thing my brother bought X-Men and shared it with me.

Simpsons EU link if anybody is interested:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...de:ps-games-the-simpsons-arcade-game-ps3.html

For reference, here is a list of some games that vanished from the euro PS store (there are probably much more than these):

Outrun Online - Sega
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Capcom
GTI Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur - Konami
Michael Jackson the Experience HD - Ubisoft
Guardians of Middle-earth - Warner

Was the physical copy released in EU?

The X-Men license is definitely expiring for everyone, as Microsoft just had a "last chance" X-Men sale for all X-Men games.

The sale is still happening on XBLA. The Simpsons and Guardians of Middle-earth are also on sale on XBLA right now so I guess those two might get delisted after the sale as well (ends on Monday night/Tuesday morning).

Edit: Guardians of Middle-earth still shows up here.

Omega

Banned
What an ignorant comment.

Without a digital option, these games would have never been sold on these systems.

that would have been fine

because Simpsons and X-Men belong back in the 90s. Buying them was a bigger waste of money than TMNT: Reshelled

nostalgia couldn't even make those purchases worthy

dallow_bg

nods at old men
X-Men code from Gamestop worked fine. Got it now.

I also bought a code for Simpsons but remember that the game was given away with PS+.

Ocaso

that would have been fine

because Simpsons and X-Men belong back in the 90s. Buying them was a bigger waste of money than TMNT: Reshelled

nostalgia couldn't even make those purchases worthy

BS, man. The ports were fantastic. X-Men looks better than it had any right to in widescreen, and aside from the lack of a credit limited mode, was everything a fan of the arcade could have hoped for. It even has 6 player local support on PSN. Seriously, how is that not awesome?

Simpsons was arcade perfect with solid extra gameplay modes and interesting trophies.

Neither game is a paragon of game design, but each was well worth the meager monetary investment. It really, really sucks that delisting means future gamers miss out.

OSHAN

X-Men code from Gamestop worked fine. Got it now.

I also bought a code for Simpsons but remember that the game was given away with PS+.

Didn't work for me:

Dear Valued Customer,

The order ################## that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Didn't work for me:

Dear Valued Customer,

The order ################## that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

You sure it isn't a payment issue?

My order didn't need to be reviewed as I saw you mention.
I got the codes for both games on the website immediately after confirming checkout.

OSHAN

You sure it isn't a payment issue?

My order didn't need to be reviewed as I saw you mention.
I got the codes for both games on the website immediately after confirming checkout.

Well shit, that's fucked up. Let me try a different card.

ZeroCDR

I was hesitant on Simpsons XBLA since I have a PS+ copy, but I'd rather have the game not tied to a subscription.. The imminent removal settles it.

Its one thing that makes me sad about these licensed games is the contract expiry is not made clear to the consumer*, its a case of "SKY IS FALLING game will be delisted in t-minu 1 week" as is Konami didn't know their own contract or something.

A great shame considering the effort of Disney's front for this (they didn't have to allow the voice cast or anything like that but I guess doing so was good for them).

*-This is digital in general in a way, I guess you can state "how did I know when they would stop printing Super Mario World?" as a counter argument of this being nothing new.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
*-This is digital in general in a way, I guess you can state "how did I know when they would stop printing Super Mario World?" as a counter argument of this being nothing new.

With the difference, that I can still buy used copys of Super Mario World and play it on my gaming system. This is impossible with digital games.

halfbeast

Banned
it's just getting better. I'd like to see what will become of this oh so awesome digital future a year or two from now. games that have been released now will be gone forever. games that use online DRM (hello Ubisoft) will stop working even though they'd still have an active community.

couple years ago, I was afraid if you bought an old game and every online support was since then removed, you won't get the patches, making some of them unplayable. now you can't even get the game anymore.

Top Bottom