• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did people forget Stadia?

BootsLoader

Banned
For real now, the service was hyped so much and many people cheered and said that streaming is the future of gaming.
Google will kill it because they will throw a big bag of money on Stadia so it becomes a success. But lately it's radio silent. After the reveal of the Xbox Series X and the Logo of the PS5 Stadia literally died.

I don't have any problem with the streaming tech and all but I prefer to play my games locally on my console.
I really think that Stadia will be closed one day like many other Google projects.

For those who don't know Stadia :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Stadia

Last edited:

Cravis

9xyuUsI.jpg

magnumpy

hmm there are so many consoles/streaming services/digital butt plugs I can't subscribe to them all. I have to be somewhat choosey about this stuff.

Fbh

There's just not a lot to talk about.

This thing has no exclusive games, is doing nothing new or exciting and has a very limited catalogue of multiplatform games you can play everywhere else.
About the only thing worth talking about was the performance which has already been analyzed and has been shown to (mostly) just be blurrier and less responsive versions of the games we already have

Trogdor1123

I guess I'd ask if anyone has seen a sale in it at all, or if it's for sale from B&m stores. If they don't have it, it's dead

Geki-D

Banned
Nobody cared when it was announced and so nobody cared when it was released. What was even this service's USP?; I could have swore I read that Google did buy up some studios but did Stadia even launch with any exclusives?

I mean seriously, what was Google actually hoping would pull people in about this service that you couldn't get elsewhere?

badblue

No one forgot about Stadia.
There is just nothing to talk about until either google fixes the issues with it, there is a exclusive release for it, or google kills it.

As it stands now it DOA and there is no point in beating a dead horse.

Top Bottom