• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Ubisoft just leak Red Dead 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From today's Assassin's Creed fan survey:

injWR.png

Red Dead is the only game on this list that isn't currently announced (Other than a new Elder Scrolls which they phrase as hypothetical.)

Could this have come out too early? Or maybe it means nothing and they just want to gauge interest in open world games.

pizzacat

Banned
Redemption is the 2nd in the series, probably just a mistake since English is not their first language (UbiSoft, I mean)

SerTapTap

"skyrim 2" fuck you

And it sounds theoretical, just not properly phrased, since I can't believe they'd call it "red dead redemption 2", they'd find another R word.

DOWN

Banned
Red Dead 2 already released and no, the survey is gauging interest. None of those are confirmation.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Just trying to feel what kind of universe they should set their next game in.

There's pretty much 1 big western game out there and it's Red Dead. Makes sense for it to be in there.

Redemption is the 2nd in the series, probably just a mistake since English is not their first language (UbiSoft, I mean)
Firstly, I don't see how does title imply it's a sequel if you don't know the original. Secondly, this didn't stop us from getting Modern Warfare 2.

But it is suspicious, you're correct in that.

NotLiquid

Red Dead Redemption 2 is such a random game to have to put on a survey like this if they were just spitballing. "A new Elder Scrolls" game at least makes some sense since it's easily the biggest WRPG series right now.

Titanfall 2 has sort of(?) been confirmed so that's not a weird thing to put down.

Its very hard to imagine a scenario where rockstar would leak the imminent RD2 but only to ubisoft. Perhaps a programmer that worked at ubi before rockstar, but given the development studios are in different countries thats unlikely.

That's not a leak. ubisoft is just assuming these games are coming and they know that these would be huge titles so they include them in their survey. Not really a big deal in my opinion

It could still be bogus, but I wouldn't doubt them calling it Red Dead Redemption 2. It technically isn't calling it the second game in the series (think CoD: MW2) and way more people know about Red Dead Redemption than the first game in the series.

bombshell

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a correct numbering if they make a Redemption sequel.

You're correct Redemption was the second Red Dead game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom