• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Adventure Tri: Final egg hatched! First PV will be shown on 6th of May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keitarou Motonaga directed 'School Days'.

They didn't just pick a director out of a hat. Based of this guy's history, there will be a fair amount of romantic content in this I would guess.

Why must we single that particular disaster out, when the guy also directed Jormungand, Majestic Prince and Katanagatari?

Because on the internet, once you do a bad thing, you're doomed forever, and your successes are meaningless.

Duh.

D'oh, of course, right? Silly of me to put a positive spin.

We can jest, but let's be fair here; that disaster was more the fault of its source material than the director himself.

abadguy

Banned

They didn't just pick a director out of a hat. Based of this guy's history, there will be a fair amount of romantic content in this I would guess.

Well so long as Taichi doesn't get brutally murdered at the end by Mimi because he got Sora pregnant i think it'll be ok.

Toxi

Banned
There's a disturbing lack of Digimon in that Digimon poster.
zn1IFDv.png

so is sora also tai's sister now or what
LOL This art style

This is digimon. Its about believing in your self to achieve higher evolutions.

What am I reading?

Pls no School days shit mixed with Digimon.

I'm 22 years old and I demand that all my old childhood obsessions become dark and gritty so that I don't feel ashamed to revisit them.

I-hate-u

I'm 22 years old and I demand that all my old childhood obsessions become dark and gritty so that I don't feel ashamed to revisit them.

I know its jokes and all, but I go back and watch Digimon all the time. The show surprisingly holds well and is quite deep, despite us, the original fans, have grown up.

At least the original version anyway. Its a well made show. In my opinion, its probably the best show to watch to instill good morals/values into kids, while still being cool.

Shiiiit... I want the fanbase united... This won't end well... lol

abadguy

Banned
I know its jokes and all, but I go back and watch Digimon all the time. The show surprisingly holds well and is quite deep, despite us, the original fans, have grown up.

At least the original version anyway. Its a well made show. In my opinion, its probably the best show to watch to instill good morals/values into kids, while still being cool.

Season one is good.( though i didn't care much for the character designs) , but Tamers was best IMO. Especially after the 02 shit show.

I'm guessing their going to pretend 02 never happened.

One can only hope.

Wazzy

Banned
Even though I like the poster, I'm still hoping that they look more like this when we see the animation.

iQiIwZ4gnkrUB.jpg

Because Tai looks awesome in this.

Snwaters

Don't misunderstand, I'm not hating on the director for what he's done in the past. I'm sure he'll do a fine job. But his work history is his work history.

Well so long as Taichi doesn't get brutally murdered at the end by Mimi because he got Sora pregnant i think it'll be ok.

If we get Tai/Mimi, I'll be able to go to the grave a happy man. Though given the state of anime these days, I wouldn't be surprised if there was heavy incest vibes (if not outright) between Tai and Kari.

Wazzy

Banned
Don't misunderstand, I'm not hating on the director for what he's done in the past. I'm sure he'll do a fine job. But his work history is his work history.

If we get Tai/Mimi, I'll be able to go to the grave a happy man. Though given the state of anime these days, I wouldn't be surprised if there was heavy incest vibes (if not outright) between Tai and Kari.

I actually wouldn't mind Mimi and Tai though I honestly would love to see her and Matt because they would be hilarious.

Still so damn good. Is there any current new anime that looks as good as this or would that level of animation be too expensive? :p

Well that gif is from a theatrical feature so its going to look better than the vast majority of TV anime because it has a bigger budget and more time allocated to it.

Toxi

Banned
We already know what the Digimon are going to look like. So, you know, I can excuse their absence.
They might have also gone through some art style changes though.

And considering the general direction of Digimon design over the years, I get the feeling the digivolutions are going to look a lot less crazy and a lot more sleek and stereotypically cool. Something as "ugly" as Kabuterimon ain't flying in 2014. :-\

So what's the target demographic with this?

Can't really be kids, cause this is only going to resonate with people who grew up on this, 15+ years ago.

Are they gonna basically make this PG-13 or something, or keep it "kid friendly". I mean shit, Tamers was already pretty dark for a kids show.

So what's the target demographic with this?

Can't really be kids, cause this is only going to resonate with people who grew up on this, 15+ years ago.

Are they gonna basically make this PG-13 or something, or keep it "kid friendly". I mean shit, Tamers was already pretty dark for a kids show.

I think this is mainly targeting nostalgia, since if it was for kids we'd have seen a shit ton of new Digimon for them to go buy. Having this slow drip of character reveals sounds like it's going to be more aimed at people who care.

UberTag

At this point I expect the 02 gang will resurface at some point but get brought in as a surprise reveal once shit hits the fan.
Seems like the fan service thing to do. 03 won't go the distance without Tai's goggles resurfacing... and you need Davis/Daisuke for that plot device payoff.

UberTag

What the fuck did I just read?
No... don't draw attention to it. We're supposed to smile and nod and ignore that.
Now we're going to have to have a conversation and everything.

Hell, I love Infinite Ryvius. It's one of my favorite anime series of all time.
But Hisashi Hirai's character designs weren't one of the reasons why.

_Ryo_

I really hope this anime consists of only 13 episodes. I'm excited as fuck but we don't need extra long series anymore. Give the story enough room to breathe and do another season of 13 if it's popular.

A completely different artstyle, I wasn't expecting this; they look Persona-ish, but I have no qualms with that style. Actually the main problem of this poster is the same-face, hoping that the animation looks good.

Who am I kidding? This is the same Toei that can't be arsed to use money in Sailor Moon Crystal.

Well I have some hope now actually. If the animation quality is high I'll probably be just fine with the art style and since the director has also done the praised Katanagatari I shouldn't write him off just because of School Days.

Series comp. Yuko Kakihara also sounds kinda promising as I really enjoyed Chihayafuruu.

Here's hoping they provide the team with lots of time and budget. After all, who knows, maybe they can reinvigorate the franchise with a great new season.

edit:
If only the original composer was still alive :( The Digimon Adventure soundtrack is so effing good. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of great remixes! Good original tracks are obviously welcome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom