• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Gin-Shiio

Finally decided to watch tri after for the most part avoiding anything about it....are we really not getting the 02 characters at all during this

tenor.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's Yolei's fault.

(Yeah, I expected them to be pushed to the side for Tri, but the level to which their absence is ignored is ridiculous.)

I'll be happy as long as they are acknowledged next movie. Seems pointless to even have them in the first movie, period.

Gin-Shiio

I'll be happy as long as they are acknowledged next movie. Seems pointless to even have them in the first movie, period.

Struck me as a "Look, we addressed them!" kind of moment, Really poorly executed.
In line with everything else Tri has to offer.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Struck me as a "Look, we addressed them!" kind of moment, Really poorly executed.
In line with everything else Tri has to offer.

I mean, if they brush it aside or make it lame with the reasoning, they might as well have just retconned ALL of 02 and not even mention it. Then again, no one in Japan even remembers Vamdemon abducting kids :/

Feeling pretty satisfied with my decision to nope out after hatewatching the first tri OVA.

Still salty at the recasts 2 and a half years later though.

Gin-Shiio

I mean, if they brush it aside or make it lame with the reasoning, they might as well have just retconned ALL of 02 and not even mention it. Then again, no one in Japan even remembers Vamdemon abducting kids :/

I believe that Japanese teams respect each other's work too much to discredit it in such a way. So instead, what you end up with is a middleway such as this, sadly satisfying no one.

The worst thing is I seriously believe that they wouldn’t actually make the OG Team hate 02 crew. These OVAs are focused on OGs, so 02 just has to be sidelined. Mentioning them would take away from the plot.

They just gave it one of the worst written excuses ever. Which actually isn’t really written, since they don’t talk about them. Expect them just to be cool with 02 at part 6. Or god forbid they will just go at the end of the movie: “Oh right, those guys. Well, they seem fine, so it’s all good lol”.

I can’t believe that the joke I made during announcement time, that all of 02 crew would have conveniently moved to a different city would actually work BETTER than what’s currently here.

Gin-Shiio

The worst thing is I seriously believe that they wouldn't actually make the OG Team hate 02 crew. These OVAs are focused on OGs, so 02 just has to be sidelined. Mentioning them would take away from the plot.

They just gave it one of the worst written excuses ever. Which actually isn't really written, since they don't talk about them. Expect them just to be cool with 02 at part 6. Or god forbid they will just go at the end of the movie: ”Oh right, those guys. Well, they seem fine, so it's all good lol".

I can't believe that the joke I made during announcement time, that all of 02 crew would have conveniently moved to a different city would actually work BETTER than what's currently here.

Well, that's not all there is to it though, is it? It slipped my mind as well, but they do use Ken of all people as an antagonist in Tri. Something that makes the cast's refusal to address the other kids' disappearance even stranger. It's so, so sloppy all around.

Well, that's not all there is to it though, is it? It slipped my mind as well, but they do use Ken of all people as an antagonist in Tri. Something that makes the cast's refusal to address the other kids' disappearance even stranger. It's so, so sloppy all around.

Yeah, but TK and Kari totally try to check out Ken in part 3 for few mins. So, they tried their best but couldn’t find them. Others too, but we just have to do that assumption. Yep yep.

Okay okay, you just said it yourself. The writing is shit. It’s shit. It’s mega shit. I mildly enjoy 02, but if this is writing, fucking retcon them. This writing is so bad.

But you know what, it’s the strangest thing. One of my favorite childhood shows gets a new series. And it’s bad. Really bad. But I don’t feel bad that it is poor quality. I feel happy that I get to bash it as it is just BAD. And other people rightfully bash it too. It’s good that it gets what it deserves. I’m excited to see where this train is heading. I’m almost completely ready to put it in bottom in Digimon series that I have watched.

I'll rib on Blackleg-sanji1's 02 love all day, but Tri is actually making me miss Yolei and the others. This is the hell I'm living in now.

How bad could a "Quad" possibly be? I guess it could ruin the only great character, Ken.

This one of the best teams y’all tripping
02_case1.jpg

Remember when Kari had a camera thing? Yeah, and now she has an ice cream thing.

Somehow her thing was downgraded. Damn you, Tri.

I'll rib on Blackleg-sanji1's 02 love all day, but Tri is actually making me miss Yolei and the others. This is the hell I'm living in now.

How bad could a "Quad" possibly be? I guess it could ruin the only great character, Ken.

Remember when Kari had a camera thing? Yeah, and now she has an ice cream thing.

Somehow her thing was downgraded. Damn you, Tri.
02 is better than tamers and frontier at least...*runs

Every single one of the Tamers is better than all non-Ken characters in 02, even Kenta. And that's coming from someone who was introduced to the series with 02.

lol

Only good digimon on the group.

Yolei>Kenta,Jeri and kazu

How can you say such things with Terriermon around. ;_;

The worst thing in Yolei's life is that she has to share with her siblings. Jeri gets points just for having to deal with actual shit circumstances. Kenta has MarineAngemon, who is the most badass Digimon to ever grace the planet. I like Kazu, but I can see how someone might not.

lol

How can you say such things with Terriermon around. ;_;

The worst thing in Yolei's life is that she has to share with her siblings. Jeri gets points just for having to deal with actual shit circumstances. Kenta has MarineAngemon, who is the most badass Digimon to ever grace the planet. I like Kazu, but I can see how someone might not.
Clockmon is trash tier, marineangemon wasn’t used well,lionmon yea he does what he does best. I like renamon

Syntsui

Tri would be so good if it was just the partners and their Digimons hanging around and having a good time together.

When they tried to develop a complex plot with that catwhatevermon everything went to shit in an unimaginable way. It's a disgrace, we are heading to the last episode with many questions and we are nowhere close to any acceptable closure.

I'm really fond to the franchise as it really marked my childhood so seeing what is happening here is heartbreaking.

Kickz

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I just finished the second Tri movie Dub and I am loving it so far. Waiting on Part 3 Dub in December.

As far as 02 characters, they got the best one involved in Ken.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Once Tri is over, how about a rewatch of Young Hunters to get the bad taste out of our mouths?
See at least Gumdramon is a delight to watch. And the few bits where he has interactions with OU-SAMA is hilarious.

tri couldn't even draw WereGarurumon right.

Once Tri is over, how about a rewatch of Young Hunters to get the bad taste out of our mouths?

Digimon GAF viewing party to wash out the taste of tri out of everyone's mouth:

Digimon Adventure 02 Holy Stones arc: one sitting
Digimon Adventure 02: International Trip arc
Digimon Frontier Royal Knights arc: one sitting
Digimon Savers: Ultimate Power! Activate Burst Mode!
Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time complete series

And then to wrap everything up, the original teaser announcement for tri from August 1st 2014 to really twist the knife.

And then to wrap everything up, the original teaser announcement for tri from August 1st 2014 to really twist the knife.
Let's do it

Takutooooo ugh Whitney chump

I can only post the Impmon gif once a page man!

Guilmon is good when it become Megidramon. It become lame when it become Omegamon wannabe lolm

I do like Megidramon more than Gallantmon, but Imperialdramon DM to Imperialdramon FM will always be my biggest disappointment. Gallantmon at least has a unique motif and contains symbolism for Takato's character at that point.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I just finished the second Tri movie Dub and I am loving it so far. Waiting on Part 3 Dub in December.

Good news: Part 3 is the best part! The intro of Part 4 isn't bad either.

We've got to do this. Of course that means you'll have to suffer through Tri first. :p

i'm in

They could have tried to fix 02 crew in Tri. Like they fixed Mimi. Oh well.

So the one other peson here who doesn't mind 02 crew is a Goten fan?

Fucking end me.

And no one likes Imperialdramon at all, when its one of my favorites. It feels so bad...

Stuart444

Tri 2 Dub isn't out here until next month, got it pre-ordered :) Looking forward to it cause I love the english VAs (though Yagami>Kamiya)

I've enjoyed Tri all the way through to the most recent JP part. I have a few complaints about the way they handled certain things and I also maintain that it felt like they tried to do 50ish episode worth of character development and plot development into 25 episodes (roughly how long all 6 movies would be together) leading to certain things being rushed or plotholes ie depending on how they handle certain things in Part 6 especially with the 02 characters - if they don't mention 'memory' games as in someone is fucking with their (the 01 casts) memory of the 02 people then we'll have several plotholes in regards to why no one cares about the 02 cast in parts 1 - 5 at all.

But I reserve judgement util part 6 is released and as someone who is usually easily pleased and don't like to complain too much, I'll be more than happy to post my thoughts on all of Tri including everything I felt was bad about it. Though I emphasize that unless part 6 is worse really bad (to me - and that means it'd have to be worse than 4 which imo is the weakest part despite liking it), I'll be happy with Tri and glad that it exists. (I'd have just been more happy if it was an actual 50 episode series with time to develop the new character, catch up on old characters and develop the plot without rushing it)

edit: Also I like the 02 crew. I have some complaints about them but overall I like them. Though Ken is the best out of them all easily. <3 Ken.

Top Bottom