• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

casiopao

I only like imperialdramon dragon mode. fighter & paladin is kinda whatever to me

Fighter Mode having only a blaster beam is lame.

At least Paladin had cool long sword for me. Now, what i need is a proper paladin mode being animated for battle as the movie one is so lame with a single stab lol.

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode was playable in Digimon Arena and I had no idea where he was from. I have no idea when that movie first aired in the US but I first saw it on Toon Disney when they aired movies 4-7 together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually haven't seen that Savers Burst Mode thing. Is it the "movie made for 3D rides"?

Digimon has no animes other than 01 and Tamers, what are these crazy titles you guys are making up?

this is power rangers and pokemon levels of pretentiousness lol

I actually haven't seen that Savers Burst Mode thing. Is it the "movie made for 3D rides"?

No, it's the regular Savers movie. I haven't seen it in like a decade, but I remember it being pretty bizarre and lame with like no plot worth remembering and almost none of the main cast having any sort of role. It's also shorter than a normal episode of the show.

I'm actually surprised so many in here prefer Dragon Mode, but yeah, I love that version of Imperialdramon. I've always preferred the monster designs to the humanoid knight designs, though.

GOYFtID.jpg

It also upset me that it took away the original crew's Perfect evolution ability to make Fighter Mode. Silphymon and Shakkoumon couldn't get an evolution, oh no, we need even more of a power difference.

I also kind of like Goten...

I'm actually surprised so many in here prefer Dragon Mode, but yeah, I love that version of Imperialdramon. I've always preferred the monster designs to the humanoid knight designs, though.

GOYFtID.jpg

It also upset me that it took away the original crew's Perfect evolution ability to make Fighter Mode. Silphymon and Shakkoumon couldn't get an evolution, oh no, we need even more of a power difference.

Someone that likes goten couldn’t possibly hate 02 stop hiding it

Dragon Mode seems much preferred from what I read from before. Probably because it’s, you know, a dragon. Dragons are cool.

I like Fighter and Paladin Modes, but admittedly, having 3 of them might be pushing it.

Off-topic, Goten is technically not bad, but he has done almost nothing. He feels like waste. That’s why it’s really hard to be super excited about Goten especially. He is Chiaotzu tier character almost. Why would anyone be fan of him. On-topic, characters or even concepts that are wasted are easy to hate. Probably why 02, Frontier, Young Hunters and Tri are most hated worst seasons.

Boss Doggie

No, it's the regular Savers movie. I haven't seen it in like a decade, but I remember it being pretty bizarre and lame with like no plot worth remembering and almost none of the main cast having any sort of role. It's also shorter than a normal episode of the show.
wait

how can a movie be shorter than a normal episode

casiopao

GOYFtID.jpg

I am still sad that Valkyrimon will never showed up hiks.

And of course how Black Imperialdramon in the end become Black Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and there is zero progress till now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Vdramon is great. It's unfortunate that he's never been featured in the anime. Still remember trying to evolve Veemon back in the day to Vdramon in Digimon World 2.

They should really turn the manga into an anime. I think lots of anime-only people would be confused seeing Taichi from another universe, though :p

They should really turn the manga into an anime. I think lots of anime-only people would be confused seeing Taichi from another universe, though :p

Yeah, but I'm sure they could have made it work, via storyline. They are never gonna truly adapt the anime though, if we're being realistic, unfortunately.

The Savers movie wasn't that bad. The plot is all of the human got cocooned by some vine thing and the 3 tamers Digimon try to find the Digimon responsible while protecting a little girl.

France is getting a dub of Appmon.

Now in English, please. ;_;

(Disclaimer: I haven't watched Super yet.)
Goten is fun! I don't know if I'm in the minority, but silly, time-wasting shit in Dragon Ball is what I live for.

Digimon, on the other hand, is srs bizniss.
Disclaimer:he’s done absolutely nothing and he may as well not exsist because toriyama is a hack. Last Dbz poll had goten at 6 that was years ago tho

You right digimon is srs buzz that’s why 02 is the best I say we go another watch right here in this thread y’all need a refresher

Disclaimer:he’s done absolutely nothing and he may as well not exsist because toriyama is a hack. Last Dbz poll had goten at 6 that was years ago tho

You right digimon is srs buzz that’s why 02 is the best I say we go another watch right here in this thread y’all need a refresher

I know the story/character beats of 02 like the back of my hand. I know so much minutiae, I could teach a college course on it.

02 used to be my favorite season, back in the day... trust me when I say rewatches don't make it better for me...

(Poor, poor Goten.)

I used to think 02 was a decent show. Then I rewatched it a few years ago. Almost every positive memory I had of the show (aside from Episodes 13 and 23 which are legitimately great, and a few other good ones like Odaiba Memorial and the Mimi episodes) vanished. It's just not a good show to watch now. I mean, I'll still love listening to Beat Hit or Break Up or the image songs, but as far as watching 02 another time after that? That's going to take a long time.

The Holy Stones arc is way worse than anyone remembers, and there are so many just awful episodes in 02. It's a show without purpose. The villains all suck and are complete non-entities after Ken's arc ends. Demon goes nowhere, Archnemon and Mummymon are literal joke characters, and BelialVamdemon just shows up out of nowhere at the end (because he was literally forced on the anime staff at the eleventh hour by Bandai) and barely feels anything like Vamdemon from Adventure.

It's a show that gets worse with every rewatch. I almost wish I could have kept my memories of how I remembered it from when I was in middle school.

Boss Doggie

U are Ultraveedramon fans huh.^_^
Vdramon is great. It's unfortunate that he's never been featured in the anime. Still remember trying to evolve Veemon back in the day to Vdramon in Digimon World 2.

Yep, Zeromaru is the best.

They'll be more confused that a Leomon is treated with dignity.

Boss Doggie

Why would you put all that effort into getting Veemon just to digivolve him to Veedramon when there are much easier ways?

hell why start to vmon when you can start with vdramon?

that's honestly one of my gripes about the anime especially towards 02 and tri - the Digimon are said to evolve naturally as they grow older (like in the virtual pets) yet they don't, even when they have children, it's not like they wouldn't be "ICONIC!" anymore since we're used to seeing their Champion forms

So weird only Young Hunters did it, though I guess they handwaved it with King Shoutmon

casiopao

Another part which i dont really like from Digimon is digivolution inconsistence.

Why does some digimon which dont have any linked with certain evolution can evolve into those digimon.

Like Dinobeemon digivolve into GrandKuwagamon but, it does not even make sense as there are already Okuwamon which makes me sometimes feel dissapointed.

Another part which i dont really like from Digimon is digivolution inconsistence.

Why does some digimon which dont have any linked with certain evolution can evolve into those digimon.

Like Dinobeemon digivolve into GrandKuwagamon but, it does not even make sense as there are already Okuwamon which makes me sometimes feel dissapointed.

It’s really just for fun and creates good mechanics in games. With multiple evolutions, you can branch out a lot. Sometimes its fun when evolutions are not that linear. As long as it’s not childish, “every Digimon can evolve into anything”, I like it. Of course, for simplicity, having special connected lines is fine, like for Anime partners. Good example is Agumon in World games. He evolves into Greymon, but it also makes sense that he could evolve into Meramon, Tyranomon or Monochromon for alternative options.

Also mind you, but GranKuwagamon was Dinobeemon original Mega. Okuwamon stole it. Harumph. Same with Vikemon and Shakkoumon. I wonder if they will give Valkyrimon for someone else than Silphymon. Then 02 crew evolutions will be truly screwed over. Hopefully Hacker’s Memory canonizes Wormon-Stingmon-Dinobeemon-BanchoStingmon line.

casiopao

It’s really just for fun and creates good mechanics in games. With multiple evolutions, you can branch out a lot. Sometimes its fun when evolutions are not that linear. As long as it’s not childish, “every Digimon can evolve into anything”, I like it. Of course, for simplicity, having special connected lines is fine, like for Anime partners. Good example is Agumon in World games. He evolves into Greymon, but it also makes sense that he could evolve into Meramon, Tyranomon or Monochromon for alternative options.

Also mind you, but GranKuwagamon was Dinobeemon original Mega. Okuwamon stole it. Harumph. Same with Vikemon and Shakkoumon. I wonder if they will give Valkyrimon for someone else than Silphymon. Then 02 crew evolutions will be truly screwed over. Hopefully Hacker’s Memory canonizes Wormon-Stingmon-Dinobeemon-BanchoStingmon line.

I guess that kinda makes sense....but what do u mean on Okuwamon stole Grankuwagamon???

Also, that BanchoStingmon looks sooo good. I need to see it animated omgomgomg.

I just wanted like each Digimon at least had their unique evolution line which will please my evolution nerdiness lol.

I guess that kinda makes sense....but what do u mean on Okuwamon stole Grankuwagamon???

Also, that BanchoStingmon looks sooo good. I need to see it animated omgomgomg.

I just wanted like each Digimon at least had their unique evolution line which will please my evolution nerdiness lol.

Well you want unique lines, yes? So, you do know that Agmon-Greymon-MetalGreymon-Wargreymon is standard Agumon line yes? What if some other Digimon came and uses WarGreymon so much, Agumon is no longer associated with WarGreymon. That’s what happened with Wormon-GranKuwagamon and Armadimon-Vike. Looking back at Okuwamon’s first evolution in his first appereance, it was… MetalEtemon? So umm, yeah lol. Zudomon had MarineAngemon, which was temporarily changed to Plesiomon, until again it’s pretty much now Vikemon.

A lot of Digimon who debuted in V-Pets had weirdish evolutions pretty much. Somewhat connected, but not always. Of course, logic wise it makes more sense for Kuwagamon-line having Kuwagamon Mega. Probably why they changed. And since Dinobeemon is obscure and they want to keep fusing mechanics, so Wormon gets Imperialdramon. That’s why I want Dinobeemon-BanchoStingmon in Hacker’s Memory. I want unique evolution line too.

This all is just some nerdish trivia I looked up in free time. There is a ton of weird cool shit, I think I should try to share them here maybe.

casiopao

Ahh so thats what u mean as stealing the evolution. I understand now lol.

I would love more unique evo for sure. I remember Metal tyranomon getting zero love before but at least now, we got Rust Tyranomon which is da best lol.

So we now have it confirmed what the 12 songs included in the Anime Sound Edition of Hacker's Memory (the one only available as part of the LE are).

They took an opening and insert from each of the first six anime.

The songs included are Butter-fly, Brave Heart, Target ~Akai Shougeki~, Break Up, The Biggest Dreamer, Slash, FIRE!!, With the Will, Gouing!Going!My Soul!, Believer, Never Give Up and We Are Xros Heart.

Nice to see a broad selection (and nothing from Hunters). I probably would have picked Beat Hit over Break Up and One Vision over Slash personally (and We Are Xros Heart ver X7 rather than the original version), but it's a nice list that hits on every series. I hope the inclusion of Frontier and Xros Wars music means we have at least a few Digimon from both series included.

It's also confirmed that the 170 page artbook will cover all Digimon Story games.

Boss Doggie

I mean, it's because they're virtual pets

Gin-Shiio

Ahh so thats what u mean as stealing the evolution. I understand now lol.

I would love more unique evo for sure. I remember Metal tyranomon getting zero love before but at least now, we got Rust Tyranomon which is da best lol.

I don't play the games, so I had to look that one up. Damn, that's a badass design. I do wish this anime would take more designs from the games instead of using a handful of staples over and over.

So we now have it confirmed what the 12 songs included in the Anime Sound Edition of Hacker's Memory (the one only available as part of the LE are).

They took an opening and insert from each of the first six anime.

The songs included are Butter-fly, Brave Heart, Target ~Akai Shougeki~, Break Up, The Biggest Dreamer, Slash, FIRE!!, With the Will, Gouing!Going!My Soul!, Believer, Never Give Up and We Are Xros Heart.

Nice to see a broad selection (and nothing from Hunters). I probably would have picked Beat Hit over Break Up and One Vision over Slash personally (and We Are Xros Heart ver X7 rather than the original version), but it's a nice list that hits on every series. I hope the inclusion of Frontier and Xros Wars music means we have at least a few Digimon from both series included.

It's also confirmed that the 170 page artbook will cover all Digimon Story games.

Gah, I am tempted to get the artbook. Daaaaaamn yoooooooooou Bamcoooooo!

0pIk7v9.jpg

LeRmR3L.jpg

ZIdjwOp.jpg

Gah, I am tempted to get the artbook. Daaaaaamn yoooooooooou Bamcoooooo!

The art book had been one of the main things that got me to preorder that edition, but pretty much everything involved with it looks great. I'm glad that they're going all out for this.

There should be a lot of great art in that book.

Gin-Shiio

Let's be honest for a moment and admit to ourselves that we all concieved our own Digimon partner at one point in time. What's yours like?
My partner was a virus type, as edgy as they come. Our aim was absorbing leftover data from other virus and evil Digimon seen throughout the show, and making their powers our own. We'd biomerge to form a cloaked figure, all kinds of moves at our disposal. While I never really thought about our endgame, our methods had us clash with the Digidestined of multiple universes many times.

The art book had been one of the main things that got me to preorder that edition, but pretty much everything involved with it looks great. I'm glad that they're going all out for this.

There should be a lot of great art in that book.

Noooo, I need to save money, but artbooks are my weakness. Especially when it comes to non low-quality art Digimon.

I still want them to release the soundtrack for Tri. It's by far the best part of Tri and I can't find decent versions of a lot of the songs on Youtbue.

They've just been releasing 1 or 2 songs per CD, right? I haven't really been paying attention. You're right though, the music has been good. Maybe when Tri's over, they'll have an album release?

I still dream that one day, we will get a new continuation of DS Digimon World game.

That is my fav.^_^

Dusk and Dawn were always my favorite (before Cyber Sleuth). I can't say I remember what happens in the story though. I just liked the dual plots and "atmosphere".

Let's be honest for a moment and admit to ourselves that we all concieved our own Digimon partner at one point in time. What's yours like?
My partner was a virus type, as edgy as they come. Our aim was absorbing leftover data from other virus and evil Digimon seen throughout the show, and making their powers our own. We'd biomerge to form a cloaked figure, all kinds of moves at our disposal. While I never really thought about our endgame, our methods had us clash with the Digidestined of multiple universes many times.

I actually drew Digimon partners for my friends and myself back in the day. I had some sort of holy mammal thing ala Tailmon and Patamon. It had boxing gloves (before Gaomon, thank you very much).

I remember my friend's a lot more vividly though. Hers was the dragon/dinosaur/reptile main character Digimon. It went a sort of punk-ish WereGarurumon direction, and it's mega was a cyber punk looking dragon. It used lava based moves. The idea was a lot cooler in my head than it ended up on paper.

We were in our own "universe" and didn't really interact with any characters. The story we came up with was pretty edgy from what I remember.

Whenever there was a show I really liked I always imagined a way to insert myself into a show. I did this for the first 4 seasons but Tamers was the only one I put a lot of thought into. I have very little creativity though and only one in my line is unique. Two are Pokémon and the other is from World of Warcraft. The Pokémon are Riolu and Lucario which are basically Digimon anyways (rookie and champion). My ultimate is the one I made up. It's a grayish giant Anubis-looking thing made out of a pyramid, complete with a 3D evolution sequence. It has rockets alongside its legs to fly and rocket launching fingers. Very immobile though. The mega is from WoW. It's one of the giant Anubis guys at the beginning of AQ40.

Digimon is the most common show I've done this with but I've also done it in Pokémon (first couple seasons and movies), Dragonball Z (not Super yet), Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra and recently One Piece (which I've gone much deeper into than the others).

Boss Doggie

Also, Young Hunters has Psychic Lover who did an absolutely stunning insert Boiling Power, as much as I love Wada (rest his digital soul), Target is really crappy (weakest Digimon song) and tri has an inferior rendition of Butter-Fly.

Even though this place is mostly anime discussion thread, I kind of want to discuss more about monster designs. It’s been slow news last few days either way. I mentioned about weird trivia, so let’s go back to the Imperialdramon that I made few posters talk about. It seems that Digimon World 2 was in development at earlier than Imperialdramon was finished, as DW2 uses weird model that has no armored legs.

Code:
[IMG]http://stage.metalkid.info/Content/DigimonWorld2/Sprites/I-dramon-Right.jpg[/IMG]

Digimon World 1 also uses some designs that were later changed in official artwork. If this is interesting, I could dig up more info here.

Stuart444

Even though this place is mostly anime discussion thread

We could use more talk about the games and such. :p

Also that design looks freaky, like final boss level of freaky I think.

Related note: I've not kept up to date with the new Digimon Story game ever since it looked like we will have no female MC. That's still the case right? If so, sad :( but I'll still get the game and looking forward to it. Just sad caused I love the Female MC expressions in Cyber Sleuth.

Top Bottom