• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: Next Order (Vita) Chinese V. Comes With Inaccessible English Language

Shizuka

someone looked through the files of digimon next order chinese ver and it contains a full english translation, but inaccessible.

From the Upcoming Vita thread.

0nVZyTJ.jpg

MF47ysj.jpg

b5mCP4w.jpg

x6WB9oA.jpg

I thought the reason they did English translations for these asian releases was for people in those territories who know English but not the other localized language. What's the point of locking it out?

I thought the reason they did English translations for these asian releases was for people in those territories who know English but not the other localized language. What's the point of locking it out?

Legal copyright issues with the English text translation forcing them to lock the option ? EVIL scheme to get people to Double dip for an English release later? Idk.

Takao

Banned
Except that we still aren't clear about whether or not the Vita version is even being released in North America.

We're clear. The answer is no.

This news just makes that decision even more bizarre. Let's say they wanted to address the issues with the Japanese version for the western launch and those fixes couldn't be applied to the Vita version (I don't believe that), why didn't they launch the English Vita version in South East Asia alongside the Chinese version in June? Bandai Namco SEA is doing a handful of Asia-only English releases now. Last year they did the PS3 version of SAO: LS, which like Vita version of Digimon World: N0, never left Asia.

Like Sword Art Online? Sales were big in the West regardless of the early asian penetration.

I think most people were hoping the translation would be improved for the official Western release. Also I seem to recall the import price was pretty high so that also caused people to wait.

Hilariously, it wasn't until Re:Hollow Fragment on the PS4 that they fixed the English script. So we ended up doing many penetrations both ways.

In an unrelated note, Re:Hollow Fragment is $5 on PSN right now during the Flash Sale.

RK128

This is angering. The game is localized on Vita....yet they refuse to release it in NA/EU. For what? To get more PS4 sales? How fair to your Vita user base Bandai-Namco, which proved to you that we buy your games if you bring them to Vita with Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment filled with a botched localization with tons of typos and 'Engerish' and even Digimon Cyber Sleuth where we had to vote in a damn poll to prove to you we wanted that game.

Sorry if I am coming off bitter and upset but this is honestly angering me and I haven't been this upset over a game since September of last year. Just a damn shame and will not be buying this at all for PS4 when it releases in NA/EU.

Shizuka

That is a good point.....will ensure I remove the to the source (captured the image of the site) in a bit then from my 3WIREL story on this.

You can use this thread as a source, although I don't think Bandai Namco would send NeoGAF a C&D for an article.

RK128

I hope someone with a Bandai Namco contact makes these pressing questions.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one :(. There PR is very hard to get in contact with, so I think our hands are tied until Gematsu gets in touch with them and asks about a 'Corrected Corrected Update' tomorrow.

Shizuka

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one :(. There PR is very hard to get in contact with, so I think our hands are tied until Gematsu gets in touch with them and asks about a 'Corrected Corrected Update' tomorrow.

Well, I'm hoping Jason from Kotaku or Sal from Gematsu get in touch with Namco to ask about this.

t26

One of the screen shot shows Chinese text, is it fully translated?

Someone also needs to find out why Namco Asian isn't releasing English version in Asia, as they done for other games that won't get Western release.

This is sad to hear. They couldn't even bother to release the same translation for West even though they did exactly that for SAO.

Namco might not respond until Monday so we have to wait.

It would be nice if they released the Vita version here or at least an English version (more options is always better), but I understand why they aren't.

This is not a Cyber Sleuth situation where both versions are basically the same. Next Order on the Vita performs pretty poorly from what I understand (someone who has played it can correct me if wrong) and it isn't much of a looker.

Now, the new version doesn't look too great, granted, but it does seem to be noticeably improved, textures being the most obvious.

Offscreen PS4 footage

Volcano area on Vita

I don't blame Vita owners for being angry with them. Their handling of everything has been awful.

Bowl0l

All i want is simple:
Sell both PS4 and Vita version and i will get them day one. If only Asia gets the English translation, I will only buy that copy and wait until the PS4 copy hits $20...

klee123

It's a shame that the Western publishers try to block the English Asian versions.

Considering that a lot of them just retain the original dub, I don't see how that affects the US or PAL version sales because after all, don't most Western gamers prefer their games to be English dubbed anyways?

From those screenshots, that translation looks like it could be even worse than the Hollow Realization translation.

"Agitated Lower HP for great attack increase" is basically gibberish. Is this another case of the translation being so bad it needs to be redone?

From those screenshots, that translation looks like it could be even worse than the Hollow Realization translation.

"Agitated Lower HP for great attack increase" is basically gibberish. Is this another case of the translation being so bad it needs to be redone?

Most likely just shoddy formatting, seems like is the name and description of a skill

"Agitated: Lower HP for great attack increase"

t26

It's a shame that the Western publishers try to block the English Asian versions.

We don't know that. 2 things are going on

1. Namco Asian translated the game to English but not releasing it.
2. Namco US/EU not picking up a Vita release.

The decisions are not necessary related.

Top Bottom