• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: “PS5 teardown is uninteresting, until we get our own hands on"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
PS5 teardown happened for some days already and DF did nothing to cover the Sony event.
While they keep doing videos about old games nobody cares.

When asked why the reply:

Screenshot-2020-10-10-143118.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony fanboys are becoming aggressive. I guess when they don't see PS banners and topics everywhere - they are starting to sweat.

At least Xbox fanboys used to that - after all MS considered Xbox a hobby for quite some time - so in the opposite case they would just exhale.

Last edited:
Since a video like this takes a week, you're gonna have to wait a bit. So funny how obsessed sony fans are with this corporation and their console. I will forever not be able to understand how and why people get so tribal, primitive, religious and fanatical about sony. They stand out from pretty much any aspect of fandom from everywhere.

Worshiping sony and its console is like someone worshiping a video card brand blindly instead of buying whatever is best at that given point in time.

I don't see why Digital Foundry has to upload content you decide, otherwise it's "videos nobody cares about" and they are paid Microsoft shills.

I'm sure if Sony had sent a PS5 to DF, or even invited them to test one, you'd have just as many videos as about the Xbox Series X - which they actually have. Instead Sony prioritized the opinion of this guy;

kdKLEGN.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Banned
Since a video like this takes a week, you're gonna have to wait a bit. So funny how obsessed sony fans are with this corporation and their console. I will forever not be able to understand how and why people get so tribal, primitive, religious and fanatical about sony. They stand out from pretty much any aspect of fandom from everywhere.

Worshiping sony and its console is like someone worshiping a video card brand blindly instead of buying whatever is best at that given point in time.
He was pretty clear they won’t do the video.

The thread is exactly to show them how wrong they are.

Dibils2k

man this thread is built off butthurt

1- Alex isnt DF
2- who said DF isnt making a video? it dropped out of nowhere so obviously its gonna take some time to create the video while finishing ones they were already working on. if anything Rich said in the 1m subs steam he has to start working on that now....
3- nothing wrong with covering old games, since they do it so often the fact you are crying about it shows you dont really like DF so why do you even care about their ps5 video??

stop being a baby

CAB_Life

This was just brought up elsewhere on Neogaf and has no less merit on its own as a conversation piece then it did as an anecdote in the last thread. Why would you cover a video of a video that has almost no new information whatsoever aside from seeing how massive the heat sink is? This was discussed in another thread but so many of you seem clueless as to what a ”teardown“ is. No one else can do a teardown for DF they have to a.) get hardware b.) break it down to its constituent components c.) make said “teardown” video. That’s how the process works.

-Arcadia-

Banned
What’s hard to understand about this?

Next-gen hardware in your hands > next-gen hardware in someone else’s hands, when you only have so much in the way of resources and time to create videos.

DF doesn’t need to throw everything off the table to point out the stand is great, the sides are customizable. or that the cooling solution is interesting (which are about the only points of interest there). Everyone in the world is doing that, and for the most part, it doesn’t need DF’s expertise

I’m sure that video is coming, particularly for the cooling.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PS5 teardown happened for some days already and DF did nothing to cover the Sony event.

Until when we will support this behavior from a supposed not paid marketing tool?
Alex is a tool. Thread title should be updated to say Alex Batallia and not DF.

This DF biased nonsense is getting out of hands. You literally just had John mention how every dev hes spoken to loves the PS5 and how we will all be surprised come launch at its performance. So does that mean DF is biased against the xbox? after all, this was only a few days ago in a stream where they specifically mentioned why they wont be able to cover the ps5 teardown because they were all busy with other projects and just switching projects can cost them a full day.

Alex has always been a pc fanboy. we know he was in that discord. we know he downplayed the ssd, question the hardware rt in the ps5, and is an overall embarrassment but even the folks at DF know this and make fun of him right to his face.

Neo_game

I do not watch DF but I would say there is not much to talk about PS5 tear down. I know people want to know their opinion and other influencer, though I do not see how that is important . They are more into benchmarking so I think they will do the console review with thermals, noise, stress test and what not even if that means they have to buy the PS5 themselves.

Snake00

There is not much you can conclude from the teardown video.
Just stuff like:
They use liquid metal and a huge heatsink so PROBABLY the console will be silent.

There is no point in making a video where you only say the obvious and cannot give any insight (unless you just want to collect clicks).

ethomaz

Banned
This was just brought up elsewhere on Neogaf and has no less merit on its own as a conversation piece then it did as an anecdote in the last thread. Why would you cover a video of a video that has almost no new information whatsoever aside from seeing how massive the heat sink is? This was discussed in another thread but so many of you seem clueless as to what a ”teardown“ is. No one else can do a teardown for DF they have to a.) get hardware b.) break it down to its constituent components c.) make said “teardown” video. That’s how the process works.
They are DF..: the teardown is basically what they were create to talk about.

The tech behind the consoles and games.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I'm confused as to a couple of points here:

1) Wasn't there already a PS5 teardown done by Sony to tide people over?

2) Digital Foundry doesn't have a PS5 yet, so how are they supposed to do said "teardown".

It seems like Sony is being extra secretive about controlling the message with their consoles. If people want to see Digital Foundry do a "teardown" maybe they should get on Sony's case to provide them with console.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Has Sony given Digital Foundry an PS5 to do their own hands on tear down? If not why the fuck should they do a video about someone else's teardown? And why should DF be compelled to videos that YOU demand?

I agree with Alex, doing a video on a teardown by someone else in uninteresting.

what thread was this?

Mod

Imagine if Sony was smart enough to give DF the kind of access to the PS5 as MS has with the XSX.

You think the DF team wouldn't love that?

How dare Sony have the audacity to do things according to their own business plan and not Microsoft's way. They should have been smarter and copied Microsoft. Dumb Sony.

scydrex

I like DF and I'm a Sony fan but i don't care if they do it or not. I think what Alex says is true. The video does explain itself. The other thing is ok they invited japanese influencer because Sony is a japanese company but why they don't do another one for this side of the world? Invite DF or whoever they want to invite...

Last edited:
There is only good Sony news last few months... so I don’t get your point?
My point is that Sony did not provide a lot of information unlike Xbox until recently and with various news (like ZeniMax) Sony fanboys became sensitive and aggressive. Now with the teardown for example they immediately want DF to have a video on that as if PS is the most important thing in the existence. Like HEY, YOU KNOW PS5 JUST HAD THE TEARDOWN??? WHERE IS THE VIDEO????

In fact, I have a general feeling that Sony fanboys are afraid that Xbox might be better at something. You can really feel the aggression as soon as you mention something good about Xbox.

Last edited:

El Sueño

It must have something "interesting" for the people if you have 6.5 millions views in 48 hrs....I guess its ok if they don't want to go over it because its uninteresting for them.

Last edited:

skneogaf

Digital foundry already spoke about it on the live stream and they have also spoke about how difficult it is to just drop something either of them have been working on for breaking news.

I sure they're either working on something related or are just too bust with other projects.

They're more than enough videos from other channels talking about the ps5 teardown so they probably won't do one or need to do one until they get an actual unit in their hands.

pasterpl

This is just brilliant, people keep shitting on DF in multiple threads, as apparently they are ms shills, but are upset that they don’t analyse the tear down video in Japanese that Sony released. Make up your mind, you hate DF or you are whining for their attention, stick to one. Also looking at lots of comments I am assuming that ps5 owners will play only next gen games, nothing else, but there is also excitement when Sony announced and reconfirmed that they will have PS4 back compatibility.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Mod

How dare Sony have the audacity to do things according to their own business plan and not Microsoft's way. They should have been smarter and copied Microsoft. Dumb Sony.
tbf, kjack is a sony fan. ive seen him trash ms several times over the past year.

p.s thanks for the link! Alex is too much.

Until when we will support this behavior from a supposed not paid marketing tool?
Aww you upset that it didn't cover teardown video of your plastic box?

Get over it. Both series X and ps5 are you standard PCs with some customized part. Nothing extraordinary about these consoles to cry about such stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom