• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: “PS5 teardown is uninteresting, until we get our own hands on"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlight

Not sure why there’s some strange Xbox defence force for DF when there bias is so prominent.
DF and EG favours Xbox going All the way back to pre launch of current gen, get over it.

Alex was literally making up fud about ps5 being software RT while
Xbox doesn’t have any for launch.
Ooh, you're so close!

It's mostly the very hardcore Sony fans, such as yourself, that see DF bias where there is none, who invent an evil agenda out of thin air. You guys think your being persecuted by praise if it isn't enthusiastic enough.

It would be foolish for you to think that all Sony fans think like you, or that only Xbox fans think you're wrong.

Last edited:

FrankWza

You really have no self-awareness do you? Could you have described your own behaviour any more succinctly?

I took you at face value initially and replied in a reasoned and reasonable way. Your response made it clear that you're on a mission, actual discussion is clearly not the aim.

From a professional point of view the presentation of the Playstation 5 teardown video was both dull and uninteresting. DF chose not to cover the video but to keep their powder dry for their own hands-on. Fair enough. I imagine that they believe that they'll do a much better job.

You seem to think that it indicates something more sinister. That DF must be up to something. The great thing about conspiracies is that evidence is just a hurdle to overcome, not something to actually consider. It's tiresome, so I'll leave you to it.

My purchasing decisions have no bearing on this discussion, so I can only assume that you bring it up because yours do?

I’d go back and read because you are obviously confusing me with someone else. You’re speaking on their behalf and speculating. I am referring to what was ACTUALLY said. You’re in no position to comment about their professional point of view. You’re here, on a message board, making things up. The guy said UNINTERESTING. That’s it. Everything else doesn’t even need to enter the discussion. It was a bogus claim when he said it, it’s a bogus claim today and it will continue to be bogus. WiFi 6, 10gbps usb and dram. There’s even more than that to discuss but that alone is interesting.

FrankWza

This thread and OP are embarrassing. Waaaaaaah DF didn't do a video on something that they haven't actually got to see or touch. You basically just want them to do a reaction video and make guesses because you prefer Sony and think everyone should be hyping up the playstation 5. Grow up and get over it.

Sony haven't sent units out. How can DF do a teardown of a console they don't have access to? Microsoft sent them consoles weeks ago, that's why they can do videos about it - because they have them. Maybe you should be asking why Sony haven't sent out hardware to DF?

The only people that should be embarrassed are people who are participating in this thread and have no interest in buying a PS5. Or people who consider themselves enthusiasts that don’t find the information that came out of that teardown interesting. I don’t see why looking at that comment and wondering how someone who works at a site that specializes in this exact situation could have called it uninteresting is not a legitimate question. Even if they do their own teardown or don’t. And it’s been mentioned here plenty that they do videos on a lot less. They didn’t need to do a video, but It’s the uninteresting comment that’s pretty ridiculous.

Ar¢tos

Between Not having a teardown video, or having a video that focus mainly on the negative aspects and/or ends every sentence about a positive aspect with a "but...", I rather have no video.

Ooh, you're so close!

It's mostly the very hardcore Sony fans, such as yourself, that see DF bias where there is none, who invent an evil agenda out of thin air. You guys think your being persecuted by praise if it isn't enthusiastic enough.

It would be foolish for you to think that all Sony fans think like you, or that only Xbox fans think you're wrong.
So Alex at DF with zero facts or any sources on the ps5 can make up complete fud saying the ps5 could be using software ray tracing, isn’t bias?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen DF make up fud about the Xbox - any speculation from their ass is usually something positive.

your post doesn’t rebuttal anything I said, whereas I could find you many examples of their bias going back 7 years if I wanted to.

I think its obvious that sony doesn't want a direct comparison between the consoles. The Size/Loading/30% power gap. All of it looks awful if they were to directly compare at this point.

Sony doesn't have the I/O advantage? Also I thought the gap was closer to 20% not 30%.

mod edit: DF have now done a video on the PS5

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom