• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: [4K] Halo Infinite E3 2019: A Taste Of Next-Gen Xbox Graphics?

According to Alex trailer seems to be real time and running at 60fps. Lot of details in video proves it's real time and not CG. Most impressive part is all 60fps

For more watch the video.

Riven326

Banned
It's impressive. But imagine how much more impressive it would look at 30fps. Why not have the mp run at 60 and the sp run at 30? I don't understand why 343 has to make Hali 60fps in the campaign. Halo 5's visuals suffered so much because of it. Completely unnecessar, IMO.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It's impressive. But imagine how much more impressive it would look at 30fps. Why not have the mp run at 60 and the sp run at 30? I don't understand why 343 has to make Hali 60fps in the campaign. Halo 5's visuals suffered so much because of it. Completely unnecessar, IMO.
This new engine is way more efficient than Halo 5's engine.

Lone Wolf

No way, I want a locked 60. Game should look good on X and crazy good on Scarlet.

Romulus

If you told me it was X1X footage at 60fps, I'd believe it 100%. Nothing about it looks next gen to me considering its a "real time" cut scene and they can still get away with more.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
They got halo 5’s MP down well. I do think there is a bit of room left for the Battle Rifle to feel better and make BTB a more fun experience.

If you told me it was X1X footage at 60fps, I'd believe it 100%. Nothing about it looks next gen to me considering its a "real time" cut scene and they can still get away with more.
Watch the video. X will not be able to produce such details at 60fps.

Next gen will improve graphics details at 60 fps with faster loading. All this not enough?

meanspartan

Good video. Thanks for posting, this is the last time I give 343 a chance. If they fuck this up, I’m done with Halo.

Did you not like Halo 5 multiplayer? It's maybe my favorite in the series. Still play it.

Campaign sucked though, if that is what you mean.

CyberPanda

Banned
Did you not like Halo 5 multiplayer? It's maybe my favorite in the series. Still play it.

Campaign sucked though, if that is what you mean.
I liked Halo 3 multi. I feel like as the series progressed they put to much in to be like COD, and to me that’s not the Halo formula.

Romulus

Watch the video. X will not be able to produce such details at 60fps.

Next gen will improve graphics details at 60 fps with faster loading. All this not enough?

I watched it. I'm honestly not impressed with the character model either, I just don't see a jump really much at all until you zoom in and really point out things. Even the shadow flicker around his collar looks bad and the dead eyes of the character look very unrealistic. I'm open to see how real gameplay looks, but I'm just really disappointed by this overall.

Stuart360

Dude just stop with your constant 30fps talk, this is a shooter, it needs 60fps. All games should be 60fps.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I think Halo 4 went too far in the CoD direction, but Halo 5 backed off just enough to hit the perfect balance of old and new. To each their own I guess.
They just need to do their own thing that makes halo great. They shouldn’t look at what COD or other shooters are doing. They need to bring the same magic back like they did in Halo CE.

Riven326

Banned
240 or nothing.
minds.gif

They got halo 5’s MP down well. I do think there is a bit of room left for the Battle Rifle to feel better and make BTB a more fun experience.
the maps just suck really. to me, what makes a halo game a halo game is the fact that every single map is an instant classic (except chiron).

I dont think 343 has ever made a map that was better than even some of the worst Bungie maps. thats the real concern here for me

Pallas

Gold Member
I have faith, pretty damn good though at 60fps, the graphic fidelity will probably get better as they get closer to nextgen launch.

93xfan

Banned
the maps just suck really. to me, what makes a halo game a halo game is the fact that every single map is an instant classic (except chiron).

I dont think 343 has ever made a map that was better than even some of the worst Bungie maps. thats the real concern here for me

Map design could’ve been more consistent. Molten, Fathom, Colossus, Empire and the marketplace one all stand out as being great to me. Then there are a decent number of mediocre ones unfortunately.

CyberPanda

Banned
I have faith, pretty damn good though at 60fps, the graphic fidelity will probably get better as they get closer to nextgen launch.
Of course. RT wasn’t even implemented in the trailer and it still looked good. I’m excited. But, if they fuck this game up, I’m done with the series.

Top Bottom