• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Darksiders Warmastered Nintendo Switch version: High res or 60FPS

Fake

This is a rather impressive port of a remaster of a genuine last-gen gem. A curious kind of hybrid of PS3 and PS4 remaster, Darksiders on Switch allows you to run at either high resolution or with a 60fps target - and all modes (whether played in docked or mobile configuration) deliver a vast improvement over the original release of the game. D dark10x strikes again.

Summary:
- Nintendo Switch have two options: High quality and High perfomance
- In high quality while docked the game runs at 1920x1080p, but cap the frame rate at 30
- In high perfomance while docked the game runs at uncap frame rate
- While dock, the game runs at 720p if high quality
- When you change those options in settings the HUD resolution increase or decrease
- Docked include a improved AA solution and a little sharp texture unlike the portable
- Comparison Nintendo Switch with PS4pro they are very close, beside the internal resolution
- Loading time are fast on Switch
- Like the other remaster versions, you can enable or disable post process effects like 'vignette' or 'chroma dx'
- Perfomance time
- Nintendo Switch runs at 60 fps while in high perfomance for the most of the time with just some dips here and there
- Drops can be at 60~50
- Nintendo Switch runs at 30 fps while in high quality for most of the time too. Just some little duplicade fps, but very uncommon
- In the high quality while portable the results are almost the same as the docked, some dips here and there.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I wonder if this DS will score higher than the other versions.

Anyway its a fair game. Get a little drag later, but its very solid.

Last edited:
I'm really curious if THQ nordic will do the same with Darksiders 2 , it was really a mess on the Wii U with tearing all over the place, framerate often under 30 fps and a low draw distance.
Seeing that I Think they can achieve the same result as this remastered on the Switch

stranno

I'm really curious if THQ nordic will do the same with Darksiders 2 , it was really a mess on the Wii U with tearing all over the place, framerate often under 30 fps and a low draw distance.
WiiU ports were really terrrible, i still remember things like The Amazing Spider-Man, with crazy amount of tearing. I still dont know if it was lazy development, poor tools or the frankenstein architecture, a multi-core Wii with AMD GPU attached.

Seeing that I Think they can achieve the same result as this remastered on the Switch

Darksiders 2 was just shit all around. I remember having a ton of glitches on the PS3 version when it came out.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just to note - there is a rogue Switch label at 6:16. It was right before performance discussion and that’s where I made the label (which is a nested sequence with text + graphic). Since I didn’t name that label, I mistakenly left it over like 10 seconds of PS3 footage.

Fake

Just to note - there is a rogue Switch label at 6:16. It was right before performance discussion and that’s where I made the label (which is a nested sequence with text + graphic). Since I didn’t name that label, I mistakenly left it over like 10 seconds of PS3 footage.
I read your first post on youtube as well.

Last edited:

stranno

Switch title with Playstation button prompts, that would be fun.

--

Has any console game ever mixed, by mistake, button prompts between platforms?

Last edited:

kingbean

I feel like the 30FPS mode has some weird input lag. I keep walking off edges when I go to make jumps.

Maybe I'm tired or something, but did you notice anything like that with the cap on? D dark10x

Top Bottom