• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Elden Ring PC Performance Simply Isn't Good Enough

mansoor1980

316.gif

SeraphJan

I really hope they fix this soon.

Or we will have to resort to the modders.

The best performant game Fromsoftware ever made was the PC version of Sekiro, but even that game need the help of modders for wide screen support.

Last edited:
Why is DF making making this only about the PC version when the problems are just as bad on console?

This is why devs focus on fixing the PC while we get left with major perf problems. DF not helping us with this. Devs WILL here about this video and think they'll only have to fix PC. This is why I can't tolerate people saying "ps5 runs fine. Ps5 doesn't stutter much. Framerate doesn't matter".

I'm not saying this isn't a big problem for PC but it's bad on console too.

And somebody have the face to say it is the best version lol

It still probably is?

I’m using flawless widescreen to play in ultrawide with an unlocked framerate. I wouldn’t give that up for any other version just because of some slow down in some very specific spots. Outside of the spots where it hitches, and that is unacceptable, it runs great. And honestly, the further I’ve gotten in the more spread out those spots seem to be.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Si the game drops into the 40s on a RTX 3090 at 720p and low settings.

100% definitive version no doubt! 😂
So now you come in the PC thread and do the same thing you accused me of? Wow. You are being disingenious then.

As I have said in the previous thread. The game runs almost perfect for me from hour to hour. I do get the stuttering but it doesn't last longer than a second but I still get the quality native 4k rendering with all graphics features enabled that the developers could put in the game. It's definitely the best version for me.

VFXVeteran

Banned
It still probably is?

I’m using flawless widescreen to play in ultrawide with an unlocked framerate. I wouldn’t give that up for any other version just because of some slow down in some very specific spots. Outside of the spots where it hitches, and that is unacceptable, it runs great. And honestly, the further I’ve gotten in the more spread out those spots seem to be.
Same here. These trolls battered me for being in the console thread only for them to come here in the PC thread and do the same thing I did in the console thread. LOL!

Arioco

So now you come in the PC thread and do the same thing you accused me of? Wow. You are being disingenious then.

As I have said in the previous thread. The game runs almost perfect for me from hour to hour. I do get the stuttering but it doesn't last longer than a second but I still get the quality native 4k rendering with all graphics features enabled that the developers could put in the game. It's definitely the best version for me.

Wow! So you didn't like a taste of your own medicine, did you? What a surprise!

That's exactly what you do every single time I open a thread about a console game. You do it even if there's no PC version at all. I hope this will help you realise how annoying you are, dude. Insufferable would be an understatement.

ckaneo

Why is DF making making this only about the PC version when the problems are just as bad on console?

This is why devs focus on fixing the PC while we get left with major perf problems. DF not helping us with this. Devs WILL here about this video and think they'll only have to fix PC. This is why I can't tolerate people saying "ps5 runs fine. Ps5 doesn't stutter much. Framerate doesn't matter".

I'm not saying this isn't a big problem for PC but it's bad on console too.
They are going to have separate PC and console videos.

SeraphJan

ps5 performance mode is 90% there. I would say 75% 60 and 25% 50+... so framepacing.
It's annoying but not too bad.
I've heard the PS4 version on PS5 through BC is the best way to play, since I haven't got the Playstation version of the game, how is frame pacing on that version? And what about the load time?

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They should have been allowed to release this before release. BANDAI NAMCO knew exactly what was (and wasn't) in that Day 1 patch and bad faith got DF to hold off their analysis. I am enjoying the game, but this is absolutely unacceptable and the game deserves the dragging it is getting on STEAM for these issues (I myself left a negative review solely for the tech issues).

The issues just aren't as bad on the console. The console versions clearly need work as well, but the issues DF are pointing out are unique to to PC architecture that aren't on consoles.

scydrex

ps5 performance mode is 90% there. I would say 75% 60 and 25% 50+... so framepacing.
It's annoying but not too bad.

Yeah... i have been testing ps5 and ps4 version at 60fps. The ps5 is almost there and I'm enjoying the game now but they need to fix and improve it.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Gamers are retarded. Why the hell would you preorder a video game and most of all a PC game at that. The real release date of a AAAPC game is at least 6 months to a year after it's official release.

Devs and publishers should release proper functioning software. Would you buy a car if the engine, breaks, gas pedals or steering wheel just work "most of the time"?
Why do we have such low quality standards with videogames? If you really feel like playing it day one just pirate it and push through the issues. Buy the patched version 6 months to a year down the line at a deep discount.

Alphagear

Not just the developers but the reviewers should be embarrassed. I'm playing on PC and the game is stuttering, framedrops and even crashed once so far. Fighting the first mandatory boss and the cutscene is freezing.

Last edited by a moderator:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Gamers are retarded. Why the hell would you preorder a video game and most of all a PC game at that. The real release date of a AAAPC game is at least 6 months to a year after it's official release.

Devs and publishers should release proper functioning software. Would you buy a car if the engine, breaks, gas pedals or steering wheel just work "most of the time"?
Why do we have such low quality standards with videogames? If you really feel like playing it day one just pirate it and push through the issues. Buy the patched version 6 months to a year down the line at a deep discount.

Weirdly enough this game was $38 on CDKeys like 2 months ago.

Performance for me has been rough in specific areas but as a whole it’s just more of annoyance than a game breaker.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I think I might wait a while before I jump in.

Leyasu

Banned
I haven't bought a from software game before. But do they generally patch up their games or not bother?

SeraphJan

I haven't bought a from software game before. But do they generally patch up their games or not bother?
They did with minimal effort, the most notorious one was the Dark Souls 1 remastered, instead of releasing a simple patch for the PTDE. I'm talking about PC version.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Ridiculous post. If you watch the video, they clearly state that the previous three souls games on PC did not launch with these issues. We have gone back to dark souls 1 quality pc port ten years after the original.

ethomaz

Banned
They had a policy of never patch games.

Of course they still have the day one patches and DLC patches… you can look as patches to add content but not bug fix.

But hey there is a first for everybody.

Last edited:
Top Bottom