• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] - Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Beautiful, but not flawless

ss_lemonade

The texture issues are similar to a problem I used to have with Gears 4 when I was still using a GTX 780

AQOiMQv.jpg

I figured it was my GPU's 3GB vram buffer causing the issue. Textures would randomly look like this on the environment and character models and sometimes stay like that and never even load properly.

Didn't know he even posted here,what was his name?
I looked it up. He used to be a member (Dictator93) but left a few years ago and hasn't posted again here since.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

I legitimately have no idea. People seemed to nope the fuck out of the thread as soon as they saw his name, seemed like he had pissed people off pretty badly.

Meanwhile, I am just praying the texture issues get addressed
I dont particularly like his videos compared to all the other members of DF, but i still watch them anyway. Here it's like he killed someone's dog, so everyone hates him.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I legitimately have no idea. People seemed to nope the fuck out of the thread as soon as they saw his name, seemed like he had pissed people off pretty badly.

Meanwhile, I am just praying the texture issues get addressed
lol people are mad about console war bullshit. he's a PC guy.
I'll be polite and say that the only thing I think he's useful for now is the PC settings videos they sometimes do.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Im also curious. People seem to critique him, but no one says what he did. It's kinda annoying.
He posts on Ree and was saying how all the ruidiculous talk about the PS5 SSD is wrong or exaggerated etc. As far as i know thats all he has done 'wrong', but of course that goes against the 'magic and transcending' SSD talk, so he's public enemy no.1 now.
It will give John a bit of a break from the hatred though.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Thats 100% a texture LOD issue. UE4 games, even on PC with SSD's, can get that in some games. It usually loads in pretty quickly, and doesnt here for some reason, but still its a lod issue. No way would they put stuff as bad as that in the game. It will be fixed i'm sure.
Is it, though? I remember reading on Push Square that the reviewer stood at a spot for a long time to see if the textures would eventually pop-up … and … nothing.

Dante83

Banned
Funny that I actually pictured this in my mind happening. After midgar, it won't look as impressive, and somehow I was right! They seem to put so much effort into midgar and neglected the other areas. I was watching this analysis, and I was constantly shaking my head in disappointment.

VG Tech did a framerate comparison between Pro and base PS4

details are in video description

The version tested was 1.00.

When outputting at 2160p, PS4 Pro uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being approximately 2133x1200 and the highest resolution found being 2880x1620. PS4 Pro renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080 when outputting at 1080p with forced supersampling disabled.

Performance in some scenes on PS4 Pro can be improved by outputting at 1080p with forced supersampling disabled https://bit.ly/3b2FckO

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being approximately 1600x900 and the highest resolution found being 1920x1080. Pixel counts below 1920x1080 seem to be rare on PS4.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Ran into the textual issue and what seemed like assets not loaded properly or just very low quality or plain missing, after the explosion of the reactor ...

and you’re fleeing through the city after it got heavily damaged, in the explosion and trying to reach the train station. I notice stuff far away, blocked off and unreachable areas looking very low quality as if it wasn’t fully loaded, the closer to moved to it, it improved a bit. You could see the ember from the fires rising, small flags, trees weaving a bit from the wind, even the bystanders moving a bit but the further you looked out, the more incomplete it looked, mainly still-life silhouettes or just completely blank NPC’s that were frozen in place.

Ten_Fold

Since we dont have a PC version yet, or xbox one x version. My base ps4 handles the game pretty well, but man the textures looks bad. Not sure if they look that much better on the pro.

Top Bottom