• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Fortnite Xbox One X

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yea it's dead and its probably better that way. As long as ownership doesn't change, the industry sources, devs and etc won't come back. Its okay though, I finally found out where most people migrated too. Its wonderful because embarrassing behavior displayed by characters like Mad597 aren't tolerated. Its pretty much an instant ban.

I still frequent these boards because I have not bothered yet to try and find where everyone did go :(

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Fuck off asshole, can ypu spell 1080p on your fucking "pro" console dipshit. Its spelled BLURRY

Come on man, I like the One X as much as you, but don’t shit all over the place with posts like this.

FPS > resolution. Pro wins again.

Haven’t seen the video. How are they compared? Is it straws like Fallout 4 or actually noticeable?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I still frequent these boards because I have not bothered yet to try and find where everyone did go :(

Nearly all of the active part of the GAF userbase migrated to ResetEra. I thought everyone knew that, really.

(It isn't already bannable to speak of it, right?)

Calibos

Come on man, I like the One X as much as you, but don’t shit all over the place with posts like this.

Haven’t seen the video. How are they compared? Is it straws like Fallout 4 or actually noticeable?

Visuals and Res = Xbox edge

FPS Single player = Pro edge

FPS Multi player = even

mad597

Banned
The rep wasnt that much higher than gamefaqs before. Most of my friends and people on my twitter were loving it when this place went down and there was a chance it was never going to return. i saw and heard the words ''good riddance'' a hell of a lot..

Sonygaf was well known as a crap place across the net for a long time. The resident sony douche bags here just had a high opinion of themselves and the fucked up paid off sony mods like Bish would carve up the user population to favor sony and create an echo chamber.

Gamefaqs in alot of ways was always better than sonygaf that pretended to be something it never was, a good place to talk about games.

Malcolm9

Sonygaf was well known as a crap place across the net for a long time. The resident sony douche bags here just had a high opinion of themselves and the fucked up paid off sony mods like Bish would carve up the user population to favor sony and create an echo chamber.

Gamefaqs in alot of ways was always better than sonygaf that pretended to be something it never was, a good place to talk about games.

So it's even better now with your insightful posts?

Hoo-doo

Banned

Well, i'm glad you're here with you vast experience to set things straight. I mean, you've been a member since july, surely you know exactly what made this community tick.

It kinda sounds like ravings of a underage console warrior who couldn't use NeoGAF to peddle his 4chan-like shitposting earlier, but hey. Now you apparently can.

Senua

Yea it's dead and its probably better that way. As long as ownership doesn't change, the industry sources, devs and etc won't come back. Its okay though, I finally found out where most people migrated too. Its wonderful because embarrassing behavior displayed by characters like Mad597 aren't tolerated. Its pretty much an instant ban.

Yet here you are.

Journey

Banned
Something's missing in this thread....

Oh

B...............T
.....E......S
.........A
.....E......S
B...............T

Yeah no thanks. I only check GAF once in a while to see what the discussion is like since the incident.
Banning people is probably off-limits for the moderators right now, seeing the already minuscule activity numbers. Better to have shitposts than no posts, I guess.

Case in point. Site feels like 4chan at times.

Careful there, you’ll get washed away by a sea of people claiming GAF hasn’t changed for pointing that out.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The true power of the cloud

20171205_220257.jpg

RootCause

Nice to see the systems being pushed. Hopefully they can iron out the framerate.

Lol, I'm also there. I'm just sticking around for now to see if there will be new mods put in place to clean up this forum. If not, I'll be gone and I'm sure I won't be missed.
Takes me with you. lol

Meh3D

...snip...

Anyway, I wonder what's accounting for the large disparity. Its far greater than 40% gap as prescribed by the hardware. Is it a bandwidth issue, a cu issue or a fillrate issue. It'd be nice to see a full breakdown on this issue.

I remember from the analysis (DF) of the tech inside Xbox One X it was revealed that there is much more going on in the CPU (One vs X.) So PS4 Pro CPU vs Xbox One X CPU is not as transparent as one would think. One interesting point is the command processor was moved to the GPU logic. The X's CPU draw calls were significantly reduced or in more general terms, doesn't have to do as much work as the One's CPU. This could be a factor in a comparison to the PS4 Pro's CPU though we can't discount any potential changes Sony may have made to the original SoC inside the PS4 to improve performance on the PS4 Pro.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I remember from the analysis (DF) of the tech inside Xbox One X it was revealed that there is much more going on in the CPU (One vs X.) So PS4 Pro CPU vs Xbox One X CPU is not as transparent as one would think. One interesting point is the command processor was moved to the GPU logic. The X's CPU draw calls were significantly reduced or in more general terms, doesn't have to do as much work as the One's CPU. This could be a factor in a comparison to the PS4 Pro's CPU though we can't discount any potential changes Sony may have made to the original SoC inside the PS4 to improve performance on the PS4 Pro.
tenor.gif

mad597

Banned
What an appalling effort by the Pro, what ever happened to FP16 that was supposed to close the gap?

PS4 PRO-1080P
Xbox One X-1728P

I sure will, oh wait still posting

Okay, I'll admit, I laughed. But this shows how things have gotten with the shortage of mods.

Hopefully things do clean up, but I'll keep coming back unless it REALLY devolves. These idiots don't bother me too much yet.

EDIT: I swear, I originally thought I read:

I sure will, oh wait still shit posting

That's why I laughed originally. It wasn't until I posted and it went back to the thread that I realized my mind just put that in there...

8-O

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ark *shudder*

Nevermind then,

more UE4 games are needed to know what sort of performance we can expect from the mid gen refreshes.

Then again gears 4 is incredible, a true showcase for the X and the engine.Also days gone is also shaping up to be a tech masterpiece

So maybe it is just down to time and allocated budget for the pro/X patches.

mad597

Banned
Okay, I’ll admit, I laughed. But this shows how things have gotten with the shortage of mods.

Hopefully things do clean up, but I’ll keep coming back unless it REALLY devolves. These idiots don’t bother me too much yet.

EDIT: I swear, I originally thought I read:

That’s why I laughed originally. It wasn’t until I posted and it went back to the thread that I realized my mind just put that in there...

8-O

I'll edit my post for you, since they don't include edit times anymore no one will know.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I just want to point out to people that there are several moderators using and monitoring the forums at the moment, you will meet the team shortly.

I'm sure that most people on here want the same things in terms of being a part of this community, even when their opinions differ to others in the thread. I do believe that people also know when they've posted something that the shouldn't have.

Nobody wants to stop people contributing but can we all please try and work together for the sake of all of this community.

Also, can I please ask people not to respond when people do post things that they shouldn't. I know it's very tempting to post a "smart response" sometimes but they do also detract from the well running of threads so it is far better if people ignore it publicly and just report them to staff.

I know that it probably looks like I'm only moderator on here at the moment but I assure you that I definitely am not and over the next few days you will start to meet all of us. Feel free to get in touch and there will be a proper "who to contact" with issues going up as soon as it can do.

Thanks.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I just want to point out to people that there are several moderators using and monitoring the forums at the moment, you will meet the team shortly.

I'm sure that most people on here want the same things in terms of being a part of this community, even when their opinions differ to others in the thread. I do believe that people also know when they've posted something that the shouldn't have.

Nobody wants to stop people contributing but can we all please try and work together for the sake of all of this community.

Also, can I please ask people not to respond when people do post things that they shouldn't. I know it's very tempting to post a "smart response" sometimes but they do also detract from the well running of threads so it is far better if people ignore it publicly and just report them to staff.

I know that it probably looks like I'm only moderator on here at the moment but I assure you that I definitely am not and over the next few days you will start to meet all of us. Feel free to get in touch and there will be a proper "who to contact" with issues going up as soon as it can do.

Thanks.

Thank you glad you all are in fact here.

Top Bottom