• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Godfall on PlayStation 5: The Next-Gen Tech Breakdown

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shame about the reviews, I kinda knew it wasn't gonna be fantastic but still looks fun

geordiemp

Giod video, Its a game I might still pick up later, and I do mean later, but the combat looks fun

But it is behind allot of games in the cry for attention queue

Last edited:
Next gen guys
YBRzOZg.png

Last edited:
ok, having a sponsored video sponsored by the very game it is supposed to review is a big no no...

so just to remind everyone, don't buy this shitty game! don't do it! thank you for your time :)
It's not a review, it's a technical breakdown (still it would be better it they did the analysis themselves as opposed to read the info the pr of the published gives them... Like they did with gears 5 among other).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I just watched a 10 minute ad for a bad game.
And I feel like shit now.

But atleast now when NeoGAF say DF are shills they have a video to backup their claims.
Congrats DF.

Will wait for the non-sponsored PS5/XSX/PCRT breakdown.
You can even tell its an ad because there are keypoints they asked him to cover that he makes sure to mention.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
A pity there isn't a 30 FPS lock option for 4k native . It's the second after DMC SE. Is it really that problematic to add? I'm curious

Black_Stride

The resolution is a bit lower than expected at 2400 X 1350 for the 60FPS mode

1440p60 is what I expected for the entire generation.
As Temporal upscaling techniques get better this base resolution will be more than fine.....as long as they can stick to 60fps.

4K Native is waste of resources and these machines arent that powerful.
Either 2160p30 or 2160p60 with heavily reduced settings.

Ceadeus

Game doesn't have matchmaking right?

I can hear AVGN '' but what we're they thinking!!??''

Last edited:

Black_Stride

You need a gargantuan GPU RAM on pc for 4k texture. Kinda of curious how they handle it on the later series X port.

Yeah a gargantuan 6 - 8GB of GPU VRAM......................wait what?

Please. Godfail has been a scam from day one, dont believe the bullshit 12GB VRAM needed that the devs pushed.
They simply needed that AMD money so they had to say more VRAM than the 3080 has.

Black_Stride

Next gen guys
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-8K-NVIDIA-Geforce-RTX-3090-30fps-Witcher-3-Crysis-3-FFXV.jpg

Wait is he running it at 4320p30?

As in 7680 × 4320......taller than 4K is wide?
As in 33 million pixels?
4K is only 8 million pixels

Holy shit.
That must be eye piercingly clear.

Fuck my PC just felt really really really inadequate.

Banned
It's not a review, it's a technical breakdown (still it would be better it they did the analysis themselves as opposed to read the info the pr of the published gives them... Like they did with gears 5 among other).

sorry, I thought it was obvious that I meant tech review, because... it's digital foundry

Arun1910

Sadly PS5 is irresolute with its performance here
The fact that a Resolution Mode is more than 4K 30fps is shocking to me either way. It seems to hit 36 from the screenshot, I'm s
Yea this game looks pretty lame but it's cool to see a native next-gen/PC third party game right off the bat.

Resolution mode is full 4K fwiw.

And 4K 36fps is actually good so I didn't see the issue with the post I replied too. Most resolutions modes are 4K 30fps. The only shocking thing is the devs didn't lock the fps to 30.

Great Hair

Banned
So this video is in 4K but the Dirt 5 is not and was uploaded like 20h ago. Yet they blaimed YT for it. I guess Godfall is a much simpler video to encode compared to Dirt 5. :lollipop_smirking:

They never uploaded Dirt 5 in 4K. YT does not require days to transcode 4K h264 to 4K VP9. What a bunch of ******.

So this video is in 4K but the Dirt 5 is not and was uploaded like 20h ago. Yet they blaimed YT for it. I guess Godfall is a much simpler video to encode compared to Dirt 5. :lollipop_smirking:

They never uploaded Dirt 5 in 4K. YT does not require days to transcode 4K h264 to 4K VP9. What a bunch of ******.

I assume John uploaded the video. His Demon's Souls review video is still not in 4K, four days later. Just saying.

Quixz

1440p60 is what I expected for the entire generation.
As Temporal upscaling techniques get better this base resolution will be more than fine.....as long as they can stick to 60fps.

4K Native is waste of resources and these machines arent that powerful.
Either 2160p30 or 2160p60 with heavily reduced settings.

4K is indeed a waste with upscaling options being available, I was just pointing that the resolution seems lower than expected for what is being displayed.

vpance

"includes paid promotion"

At least they are honest about it for once.

Their PS5 hardware review was also labeled paid promotion. Never saw that with any Xbox vid of theirs though. Sony must have realized what DF’s hustle was and caved.

Top Bottom