• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Gravity Rush 2 PS4 vs PS4 Pro

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Checkerboarding has its own draw-backs, though.

I think the technique used here works well with the visual style as it has a very stylized look so the lower resolution in-surface detail doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Now, on a PC monitor viewed at close proximity, the limitations are evident but from a normal viewing distance (or even a close viewing distance) it looks extremely sharp.

I sit 5 to 8ft (depending on where I pull the chair) from a 55" OLED screen and it looks marvelous there.

Also, even though I tried to make it clear in the video, the frame-rate is 99% stable 30fps. I highlighted the worst case scenario that I found just to demonstrate what CAN happen but I had to play for hours before reaching any sort of noticeable slowdown. It's a very VERY stable game. A few drops here and there are no big deal.

Great to hear

Seems like this technique has more potential than it originally sounded like when I first heard about it. Glad that there's several decent 4K solutions suggested that work well for various engine requirements and developer needs.

Major B.S.

Neo Member
If you've got a 4K screen you get 4K other it defaults to 1080p supersampled iirc.

Thanks for the clarify everyone. All of the PS4 Pro supported titles I've played up to this point have had toggle options in the menus.

That being said, for a game like this, where the increased performance is automatically "turned on" (so to speak) do you think the devs should add a symbol tucked away in the pause menu or title screen that denotes "PS4 Pro enhanced" or something to that effect?

Mathieran

Banned
Thanks for the clarify everyone. All of the PS4 Pro supported titles I've played up to this point have had toggle options in the menus.

That being said, for a game like this, where the increased performance is automatically "turned on" (so to speak) do you think the devs should add a symbol tucked away in the pause menu or title screen that denotes "PS4 Pro enhanced" or something to that effect?

I wish they would. There's a part of me that's paranoid I'm not getting it. It doesn't help that my pro is running pretty quietly while playing this compared to some of the other pro games I've been playing.

Top Bottom