• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Rayman Legends on Switch isn't really definitive

Cheeky AF charging £30 for a 4 year old game! Will watch closely for a sale, but Ubi can start work on Rayman Heroes or whatever the threequel would be called if they want my money any sooner.

Polari

So I got this game last Thursday and I'm halway through now, and I've experienced performance degradation related to how much time you play, to the point of massive slowdowns when scratching the lucky tickets. Load times are also affected getting worse and slower, e.g. in the levels of the Living Dead Party hub it takes a whole lot of time to load the menu when you've completed one of the musical stages there (way longer than those 16 seconds that John mentioned in the video).

I am not sure if it happens because of long playthroughs or using sleep mode when the game is running in the background.

Nevertheless I've noticed that these problems are solved when I close the game and run it again.

Anybody have these same issues?

Sounds like a memory leak.

JaynePea

So I got this game last Thursday and I'm halway through now, and I've experienced performance degradation related to how much time you play, to the point of massive slowdowns when scratching the lucky tickets. Load times are also affected getting worse and slower, e.g. in the levels of the Living Dead Party hub it takes a whole lot of time to load the menu when you've completed one of the musical stages there (way longer than those 16 seconds that John mentioned in the video).

I am not sure if it happens because of long playthroughs or using sleep mode when the game is running in the background.

Nevertheless I've noticed that these problems are solved when I close the game and run it again.

Yiiikes. I hope all the messy stuff this port has will lead to Ubisoft fixing the size of the game with a patch; I'd rather have a larger file on my switch than a poorly done, compressed port

nampad

Sounds horrible. Maybe DF can do a follow up on this.

Peterthumpa

Played for 5 hours straight yesterday. Runs totally fine.

TheYanger

those load times though, jfc. I forgot it had loads on the wii u. Have only played it on xbox within the last couple of years. That's abysmal.

Top Bottom