• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: The Witcher 2: Xbox One X Enhanced vs PC vs Xbox 360 Comparison!

I dont hate any of my gaming platforms while you called me a fanoby, but fanboy of what company exactly :)? Currently I game on xbox X, PS4P, PC 3770K + 1080ti, and I even want to buy nintendo swtich but I also have 5 older consoles besides xbox x and PS4P. I bet you call fanboy every person who even mention xbox issues because you have no other arguments besides name calling, and your damage control after Drift0r video is pathethic! You basically told most people accept input lag problems because they are casual gamers LOL!!! Maybe we should also not talk about game resolutions because from normal viewing distance even 1080p is more than enough for casual gamers! You have basically no standards and at least I know why you defend MS console that much.

Upgrade (patch) is free, but many people buy BC games for the first time on xbox one/X when they learn about xbox X enchancements for particular game. How many people still had the witcher 2, crackdown 1 or forza horizon 1 discs when xbox X enchancement was announced lately? I bet most people like me had to buy these BC games, so MS is making big amount of money (and what's more people even belive these games are for free! I have to say MS marketing skills are perfect). MS and even Digital Foundry advertise BC as a superior experience compared to xbox 360, while input lag issues and controller restrictions clearly alters game experience. Something like that SHOULD BE mentioned in every tech article that talks about BC.

I wonder if DF will point out 5 frames lag in their final gears of war 4 tech analysis? So far they havent talk about this issue in their initial impressions. I have wrote to VG TECH team on YOUTUBE, and these guys told me they would love to test input lag in many xbox games, but they need to buy equipment for that first.

I couldn't have put it better myself :).
So what are you trying to say, we are all Microsoft shills including DF? Yet we're supposed to take your word as gospel while you promote yourself as a true gamer who has a powerful PC with a 1080ti but also a Xbox X and every other system? Then goes on to say most can't tell the difference beyond 1080p.

This topic is getting so off track. Digital Foundry are impressed with the hardware, they are also impressed with how it handles BC. They mentioned some frame pacing issues. That video looks impressive and sadly some want to dampen the mood time and time again.

pawel86ck

Banned
Moderator Dienekes: and you have now earned the right to no longer post in the thread.

You do know MS has given plenty of bc games away for free.
Maybe many months before, but how many BC xbox X enchanced games you can get for free now? The witcher 2 is 19.99$ (xbox X enchanced BC game), almost for free :p.

So what are you trying to say, we are all Microsoft shills including DF?
You have said it yourself.. but who knows, maybe you are indeed right. Some DF materials were sponsored by MS, and facts like that opens doors to every possible scenario, and especially when DF post only possitve impressions in regards to BC feature and never talk about things like input lag or differences in controllers. The thing is, BC games were made with 360 controller in mind, not xbox one controller! Xbox one controller calculate thumbstick movement a little bit different as you can clearly see in Drift0r analysis. But since I bought xbox 360 controller adapter for xbox X, my only issue with BC is input lag :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calibos

I dont hate any of my gaming platforms while you called me a fanboy, but fanboy of what company exactly :)? Currently I game on xbox X, PS4P, PC 3770K + 1080ti, and I even want to buy nintendo swtich but I also have 5 older consoles besides xbox x and PS4P. I bet you call fanboy every person who even mention xbox issues because you have no other arguments besides name calling, and your damage control after I have mentioned Drift0r video was pathethic! You basically told most people accept input lag problems because they are casual gamers ulike drift0r LOL!!! Maybe we should also not talk about game resolutions because from normal viewing distance even 1080p is perfectly fine for casual gamers! You have basically no standards and at least I know why you defend MS console that much.

Upgrade (patch) is free, but many people buy BC games for the first time on xbox one/X when they learn about xbox X enchancements for particular game. How many people still had the witcher 2, crackdown 1 or forza horizon 1 discs when xbox X enchancement was announced lately? I bet most people like me had to buy these BC games, so MS is making big amount of money (and what's more people even belive these games are for free! I have to say MS marketing skills are perfect). MS and even Digital Foundry advertise BC as a superior experience compared to xbox 360, while input lag issues and controller restrictions clearly alters game experience. Something like that SHOULD BE mentioned in every tech article that talks about BC.

I wonder if DF will point out 5 frames lag in their final gears of war 4 tech analysis? So far they havent talk about this issue in their initial impressions. I have wrote to VG TECH team on YOUTUBE, and these guys told me they would love to test input lag in many xbox games, but they need to buy equipment for that first.

I couldn't have put it better myself :). I have seen problems with PUBG myself and as always xbox fans told me game plays perfectly fine for their standards (even with 15 fps dips) and I'm just exaggerating. To be honest, I would like to ignore all of these issues (like many xbox owners), but I cant :p, it's not so easy to accept framerate problems, or input lag problems, when you know these problems really exist.

I take any of my trying to be more rational and accepting with you back...you and “lastword” ARE completely correct about everything you say. Glad you both take the time to clue the rest of us in on such important topics and that you bring the evidence over and over and over and over again...

Kudos to MS for bringing some of the best games of last gen back to us on the X1/X, but I guess their continued, free work is not needed. With those 360 graphics and 1-5 frames of input lag, I am not sure how anyone can ever enjoy these games again. My eyes have been opened and I can’t play the rest of the Witcher 2 because the story and world can’t overcome the above issues for me.

Also, not once have I called you a fanboy, nor would I...you are above reproach and always the most intelligent person in the room who has the answer to all issues, especially when it comes to “input lag” and Backwards Compatibility Emulators...I bet you and “word” could head over to Sony and get their BC emulation running for them...MS would be foolish not to snatch you too up before Sony gets you.

Am I rambling? Need to stop now...going to head off to play some PubG...you know, that terrible performing Game Preview game...Maybe Bluhole could use you as well...Get that demo reel out there!

You can pick a lot of physical 360 titles up in stores still and they are really fricken cheap.

Yes they are and many are still easy to get.

Witcher 2 comparison

DF,
The Witcher 2 on Xbox One X delivers a mighty visual upgrade in combination with a clear uplift in frame-rate. Put simply, you won't be needing to access the emulator's performance mode - the graphics preset offers a big upgrade with no real drawbacks.

This looks pretty bloody fantastic compared to the original Xbox 360.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What are you talking about? 4K is absolutely breathtaking.

Debateable. I see a very small difference in 4K to 1080p. It exists, it does look better - but not to the point where is it a necessary upgrade like 480p/720p to 1080p was. HDR is a much larger improvement IMO.

I know you were responding to a poster that was banned from the thread, but please refrain from calling other members out publicly and allow the moderation team to handle them. Thanks.
More fart noises

And yet you constantly show up in every single Xbox technical thread to make sure that you can emphasize any perceived shortcomings that must immensely bother you since you hate the platform so much. You are literally the worst fucking poster here.

thelastword

Banned
Moderator Dienekes: you have lost the privilege to post in the thread as well.

And yet you constantly show up in every single Xbox technical thread to make sure that you can emphasize any perceived shortcomings that must immensely bother you since you hate the platform so much. You are literally the worst fucking poster here.
Usually I don't entertain guys like you, but it's really grating when you guys say, this is an XBOX thread or an XBOX tech thread.....I look at the Title and it says Witcher 2: XBONEX vs PC vs 360.......Guess what, I had a 360, I still have a tonne of games for it, including some OG games as well..... I have a PC and I have witcher 2 on that too.....Do I qualify? because so many XBOX fans believe that because a title includes XBONEX it's theirs for ownership (tm), it's their thead and whatever bollocks and persecution complex that comes with that if anyone says anything non-petting on XBOX. I don't own any threads, Sony threads are not mine if that's what you're thinking......So if you believe XBOX threads belongs to your idealistic subset, then you're nothing but a raging fanatic......

I know you came into this thread with the sole purpose of taking a large dump in the middle of the floor and leave, but perhaps you'll think about that next time....

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Maybe many months before, but how many BC xbox X enchanced games you can get for free now? The witcher 2 is 19.99$ (xbox X enchanced BC game), almost for free :p.

You have said it yourself.. but who knows, maybe you are indeed right. Some DF materials were sponsored by MS, and facts like that opens doors to every possible scenario, and especially when DF post only possitve impressions in regards to BC feature and never talk about things like input lag or differences in controllers. The thing is, BC games were made with 360 controller in mind, not xbox one controller! Xbox one controller calculate thumbstick movement a little bit different as you can clearly see in Drift0r analysis. But since I bought xbox 360 controller adapter for xbox X, my only issue with BC is input lag :p.
Interestingly enough, Witcher 2 was a part of GWG.

Iced Arcade

Yeah he does it with every Xbox thread, do like most and ignore him like the majority does.

Upgrade (patch) is free, but many people buy BC games for the first time on xbox one/X when they learn about xbox X enchancements for particular game. How many people still had the witcher 2, crackdown 1 or forza horizon 1 discs when xbox X enchancement was announced lately? I bet most people like me had to buy these BC games, so MS is making big amount of money (and what's more people even belive these games are for free! I have to say MS marketing skills are perfect).

The Witcher 2 was free for anyone, Crackdown and Forza Horizon were GWG. Anyone that's stuck with Microsoft from the 360 would have a large pool of BC games. Anyone that's buying those games on disc today isn't making Microsoft any money.

And again, no one is saying these games are free.

Dienekes

Moderator battling in the shade.
Please do not respond to the offending posters posts so we can put this thread back on topic. Thanks everyone!

Calibos

This is amazing. MAGIC!

It is crazy good. I wonder what it takes for them to "enhance" some games and not others? Maybe a coding restriction? Or possibly a legal restriction on altering the original? I kinda wish Ryan from IGN would revisit the BC team and talk to them more about the behind the scenes legal roadblocks they face with emulating these games on a new system.

I guess it could just be that a game is coded to run at a certain res and tuned to run that way efficiently...

Last edited:

shpankey

not an idiot
Looks really great! I've been really impressed with the time and resources the Xbox team are spending on BC and applaud it. I hope this sets the standard for all consoles going forward.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Please do not respond to the offending posters posts so we can put this thread back on topic. Thanks everyone!
Being able to stop repeat offenders from repeatedly shitting up the same kind of threads is something I had no idea was possible on here. Was that always possible, or is it a result of the new forum layout?

On topic though, I hope Alan Wake gets the same treatment as The Witcher 2. I was replaying it the other day, and it doesn't hold up graphically all that well due to the low resolution.

Last edited:
Being able to stop repeat offenders from repeatedly shitting up the same kind of threads is something I had no idea was possible on here. Was that always possible, or is it a result of the new forum layout?

On topic though, I hope Alan Wake gets the same treatment as The Witcher 2. I was replaying it the other day, and it doesn't hold up graphically all that well due to the low resolution.

Alan Wake had a really soft look to it, could definitely need a bump. That's one ip I wish they would continue.

Top Bottom