• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Xbox Scorpio

There's a dedicated thread.

All the best, hope you pull through quickly.

Kind Regards,
Internet Stranger
Thank you, sir.

even though we are still strangers, I keep everyone in good regards, never wish bad or harm on anyone (assuming you're all deep down good hearted and not batshit crazy)
Yeah I'm getting it for similar reasons, to upgrade the living room to 4K/UHD and for how I assume it will run old XB1 titles, 360BC, multiplats and for the Play Anywhere support.
Definitely seems like it'll be worth the money if it goes for $399, might be the hype but I could honestly see myself jumping in at $499 too.
more power to you if 500 is okay with you but...I think that's too much, personally.
You ok bud? Feel free to PM me if you need to vent.

pm'ing

gamz

Xbox One Xtreme

Day One Edition - $499 September 22nd - 2TB HDD and Day One or whatever on the controller. 1 month Game pass sub or similar.

Regular Launch - $399 November 10th - 1TB HDD

Damn! That doesn't sound outta reach and that mirrors the One S.

Good post.

Xbox One Xtreme

Day One Edition - $499 September 22nd - 2TB HDD and Day One or whatever on the controller. 1 month Game pass sub or similar.

Regular Launch - $399 November 10th - 1TB HDD

This sums up my thoughts! Though I'd probably put the $399 sku in October and possibly pack in a game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
C9wZ4_UWsAEdmfl.jpg

Leak the price without an official name to go with it? Seems strange

Syrus

Banned
Thank you, sir.

even though we are still strangers, I keep everyone in good regards, never wish bad or harm on anyone (assuming you're all deep down good hearted and not batshit crazy)

more power to you if 500 is okay with you but...I think that's too much, personally.

pm'ing

Make a post in off topic if ypu want. There are nice people here. Some of us lol

greenegt

This price thing is going to be interesting. I was originally all set to upgrade at a $499 price point, but now I'm rethinking that. I want to buy a PS4 as well and it's looking likely that we'll get a $199 PS4 Slim bundle this holiday. I may pick one of those up and upgrade to a Scorpio, later.

Now, if MS comes in at $399, I'll probably go ahead and upgrade first.

aaaaa0

lol Brad..."No technical limit; It'll take 2 years to fully utilize it's power." I guess we can expect the scorpio to run all games with Voxel GI now with high quality motion blur? Good to know.

It would be absurd to say that Scorpio has no technical limits.

Pretty sure he means he sees no technical limits when porting his games to Scorpio, IE nothing he plans to do in the next 2 years on any of his target platforms (target PC spec, other consoles) is going to be limited by Scorpio's hardware performance.

Scorpio supports all Xbox One accessories.
Thats a great news for me, as i bought x1s few days ago cause of F6 and FH3 and since i own t500rs for ps4 pro, i wanted to get tx servo base only, and use t500rs pedals(Ricmotech with load cell) and 458 ferrari addon wheel.

As this thread has popped up I saw an "interesting" GameSpot article where they build a PC to try and imitate what a Scorpio is

Microsoft recently revealed the specs for its Xbox Project Scorpio, so we thought it would be fun to build a PC inspired by the company’s upcoming console. While we won’t be able to recreate the system exactly using off-the-shelf PC parts, since Microsoft uses heavily customized components, it helps that the Project Scorpio is based on the PC’s x86 architecture. We’re also going to benchmark our rig to get a rough approximation of how games might run on Project Scorpio.

Walking You Through Our Xbox Project Scorpio PC Build

Our Xbox Project Scorpio build is actually going to be very similar to our PS4 Pro-inspired PC we built last September. Our new graphics card, the AMD Radeon RX 580, is the most significant change, and because it’s more powerful than the RX 480 we used in our PS4 Pro-inspired PC, we’re also upgrading our power supply. Let’s take a look at all of our components.

There's a breakdown of the different components and how certain games run on them at the link below

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-how-a-pc-with-xbox-scorpio-specs-performs/1100-6449878/

You better believe once Microsoft starts blasting "THE MOST POWERFULL CONSOLE EVER IS COMING" during the opening game of the 2017 NFL season that number will change. Not saying people will buy it but they will without question know its name.

KageMaru

As this thread has popped up I saw an "interesting" GameSpot article where they build a PC to try and imitate what a Scorpio is

Microsoft recently revealed the specs for its Xbox Project Scorpio, so we thought it would be fun to build a PC inspired by the company’s upcoming console. While we won’t be able to recreate the system exactly using off-the-shelf PC parts, since Microsoft uses heavily customized components, it helps that the Project Scorpio is based on the PC’s x86 architecture. We’re also going to benchmark our rig to get a rough approximation of how games might run on Project Scorpio.

Walking You Through Our Xbox Project Scorpio PC Build

Our Xbox Project Scorpio build is actually going to be very similar to our PS4 Pro-inspired PC we built last September. Our new graphics card, the AMD Radeon RX 580, is the most significant change, and because it’s more powerful than the RX 480 we used in our PS4 Pro-inspired PC, we’re also upgrading our power supply. Let’s take a look at all of our components.

There's a breakdown of the different components and how certain games run on them at the link below

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-how-a-pc-with-xbox-scorpio-specs-performs/1100-6449878/

Only thing worse than that article are the comments. Journalists should be doing a better job at informing their readers, not making useless comparisons without even the most basic understanding of the topic. The impression I got from that article is they expect or MS have indicated that every game will run at 4K60 when that's never even been hinted at.

You better believe once Microsoft starts blasting "THE MOST POWERFULL CONSOLE EVER IS COMING" during the opening game of the 2017 NFL season that number will change. Not saying people will buy it but they will without question know its name.

Yeah it's kind of hard for people to know the name when the name hasn't even been officially announced.

Ducktail

Should this be true, 400 dollars is really cheap for the specs. I imagine this won't change the fact this console is more of a niche product though.

shandy706

You know what, I just used these in another thread.....

....but 4k KI on a home console???? Drool.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(I need to install the darn game on my new gaming PC)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Considering the marketing hasnt started yet for scorpio, seems relatively normal to me. The fact the Ps4 pro is still so low surprises me considering its been out for months.
With as lil marketing it had, has I'm surprised it's that high.

I see commercials, ads for the slim model. Barely anything for the Pro.

KageMaru

That makes sense since the slim would have more widespread appeal. Pro and Scorpio are targeting a more core market, gamers who don't need to see a commercial on prime time television to find out about the product.

Rellik

PS4 Pro is advertised all over Champions League games. You know, one of the most watched sports competitions in the world.

Top Bottom