• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry's Alex on Project Eve's main female character: "old (2000's) and not flattering to a Modern Audience...in comparison to...Forespoken"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGiRanger

Banned

So weird to hear these takes when you've had character designs in recent years such as Nier Automata's 2B and of course Bayonetta. Also have to love the direct comparison to something like Forespoken here.

At least personally I'm not a big fan of Hyung-tae Kim's character design on an aesthetic level, but I'm not gonna wax poetic about something like "not fitting for a (quote), "Modern Audience", or that it comes from a "bygone era".

To me the Project Eve main character isn't even that "out there" for eastern/anime character design, compared to say the Xenoblade 2 designs of Pyra/Mythra. So I'm even more confused why so many in the "games media" industry seem so "put off" by it.

Project-Eve-Featured-image-scaled.jpg

Project-Eve-is-an-intense-action-brawler.jpg

Project-EVE-2-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Zathalus

I personally think the character model looks dumb as it sticks out from the rest of the art style. Super gory realistic environments and monsters juxtaposed with a doll like character. Plus the clothing is way too shiny, reminds of some early 2000 era games, would some detailed texture work on that bodysuit be too much to ask?

Rykan

Ofcourse the Anime Avatars are already furious about his opinion.

Personally: I think he has a point. There's a clear difference between sexy and oversexualization and a lot of camera angles clearly served no purpose other than to do just that. Its even more ridiculous in the announcement trailer:

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
If your first thought watching at a game is if the protagonist is too sexy/ugly/whatever and not the gameplay (which, IMHO, looked great on both EVE and Forspoken), than you have some serious problems.

Maybe some of these people should go outside in the real world and lose their virginity...

ripeavocado

Banned
Why do you even care about those pricks?

Their opinions are garbage, they spout technical jargon they have no qualifications to use and their only contribution to gaming is putting framerate graphs on top of videos.

I am not even a fan of that design either, it looks cringe, but I am tired of these neo puritans cucks trying to censor games for brownie points and it's even worse if this comes from people that more often than not talk about things they don't understand pretending to be objective.

Last edited:
Can we get more DOA: Beach Volleyball type female models again? I'm not sure who thought getting rid of that was a good thing? Do people not like boob physics, or females with feminine features/looks?

I don't care for the whole turning females into borderline males in games, especially as that's a new trend for certain studios.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
She's completely distracting in that she stands out from the background too much, that hyper shiny butt and 4m legs looks rediculous against a really well done post apocalyptic landscape, the art style is all over the place but then again it's designed to appeal to cunts with anime avatars, should add I'm not against female characters being asethically pleasing to the eye but I'd feel embarrassed as fuck playing this and the wife walked in...

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
The design is just as weird as Bayonetta`s. The crotch-camera shots don`t really help alleviate the feeling of a lot of sexual frustation being baked into the aesthetics and kinda make you wonder how the designer on the other side looks.....

Ultimately I don`t care as long as the gameplay is good, though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
She's completely distracting in that she stands out from the background too much, that hyper shiny butt and 4m legs looks rediculous against a really well done post apocalyptic landscape, the art style is all over the place but then again it's designed to appeal to cunts with anime avatars
It's a fast-paced action game, so imo it's a good idea that the character stands out from the background as much as possible. Look at Dante's red attire, for example.

There was one shot that showed they modeled the suit so tight it showed off her labia. I’m all for having natural full figured gals but when I can distinguish the labia it’s a bit much, like seeing the head of some guys dick when he’s wearing sweatpants and no underwear.

It still looks like a cool game to play.

Last edited:

NahaNago

The outfit is mostly alright. I just don't like that it is so shiny or glossy. Go to a mall and you'll definitely see girls wearing far more skimpier outfits.

She's completely distracting in that she stands out from the background too much, that hyper shiny butt and 4m legs looks rediculous against a really well done post apocalyptic landscape, the art style is all over the place but then again it's designed to appeal to cunts with anime avatars, should add I'm not against female characters being asethically pleasing to the eye but I'd feel embarrassed as fuck playing this and the wife walked in...
Time to find a new wife bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom