• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Akiller

Rösti;218161766 said:
I don't think this warrants a new thread, so I hope it is ok if I post it here. Pawbyte, developer of the Pencil Game Engine, a while ago (September 15) mentioned on their website this:

Now it says:

Source: http://docs.pawbyte.com/platform-specifics/

I haven't seen this update mentioned earlier in a thread. There you have it.

I suspect they'll then update it again on that day and so on.

Does this means Nintendo reveal it at 4 oct or before 4 oct?

It means nothing. This guy knows nothing.

Honestly this is why so many people are pissed at Nintendo. They keep seeing all these "insiders" promise it by day X and when it doesn't come they assume the reveal has been pushed back "yet again". Well in this case, please don't expect October 4th. If it's October 4th that would be lovely but there's no reason to think it would be at this point.

It's be at, before, or after October 4.

Exactly.

The reason Tesco have set it so high is because if they set it too low, then people will demand it at the lower price, even after RRP is announced.

What haha. The reason it was set so high is because it's a placeholder. They have no price and no info. They changed it to simply have no price after. Most retailers will set an abnormally high price and end of calender year date when filling out a placeholder page. I'm not sure what we're discussing? My point was people are trying to dicuss it as if it was a real set price.

Also, just as a random example, I can currently go into my local tesco and pick up a dead island 2 card for preorders and put down £5 on that if I like, they've had it there for a long time. There is no sense to be drawn from that page, it's just a placeholder for later when they fill it in with real deers.

sandkiller

Rösti;218161766 said:
I don't think this warrants a new thread, so I hope it is ok if I post it here. Pawbyte, developer of the Pencil Game Engine, a while ago (September 15) mentioned on their website this:

Now it says:

Source: http://docs.pawbyte.com/platform-specifics/

I haven't seen this update mentioned earlier in a thread. There you have it.

Please check back at our estimated date of October 4, 2016 6PM CST.

Same as the Google Pixel unveil?

Link_enfant

Can we expect leaks of the console before the official announcement despite all the NDA's around it?
If I'm not wrong the drawing from the Foxconn guy was confirmed to be fake, but it looks like the console is going to get leaked if things keep going like this.

What haha. The reason it was set so high is because it's a placeholder. They have no price and no info. They changed it to simply have no price after. Most retailers will set an abnormally high price and end of calender year date when filling out a placeholder page. I'm not sure what we're discussing? My point was people are trying to dicuss it as if it was a real set price.

He's saying that the reason they use abnormally high prices for placeholders is because if a customer sees a lower price than the final retail price then the retailer can face problems, especially if they allow for preorders.

If a retailer lets someone preorder the NX for, hypothetically, $250, then the console is revealed and costs $300, then that retailer would likely still have to fulfill that order for $250. That's why they price it much higher than they expect the actual retail price to be.

It's the opposite of the Price is Right.

Can we expect leaks of the console before the official announcement despite all the NDA's around it?
If I'm not wrong the drawing from the Foxconn guy was confirmed to be fake, but it looks like the console is going to get leaked if things keep going like this.

Doesnt work that way unless people want to be thunderfucked with some serious witchhunting followed by calamitous litigation.

We did receive leaks of the Wii U relatively close to the announcement. The Wii U rumors were quite accurate and hinted it would be more powerful than the PS3/360, and that it would have a tablet-style controller with a touchscreen.This is also a special case because we could have already received the leak through the Eurogamer article on the NX. It is safe to assume that the concept was leaked already imo..

I have pretty much came to the conclusion that the NX is a hybrid device that will be less powerful than the ps4 and xone and on par with the Wii U.

We did receive leaks of the Wii U relatively close to the announcement. The Wii U rumors were quite accurate and hinted it would be more powerful than the PS3/360, and that it would have a tablet-style controller with a touchscreen.This is also a special case because we could have already received the leak through the Eurogamer article on the NX. It is safe to assume that the concept was leaked already imo..

I have pretty much came to the conclusion that the NX is a hybrid device that will be less powerful than the ps4 and xone and on par with the Wii U.

Ive heard of low expectationa but come on man lol

He's saying that the reason they use abnormally high prices for placeholders is because if a customer sees a lower price than the final retail price then the retailer can face problems, especially if they allow for preorders.

If a retailer lets someone preorder the NX for, hypothetically, $250, then the console is revealed and costs $300, then that retailer would likely still have to fulfill that order for $250. That's why they price it much higher than they expect the actual retail price to be.

It's the opposite of the Price is Right.

No I get it lol, I just don't understand it as a response to what I had been talking about . I'm saying that someone are willingly taking the listing as a serous real price for nx to debate why they wouldn't pay that price, and I myself am saying there's no way it's the real price. I do understand haha.

Also as a side note I do not believe I've ever hear do tesco or amazon honouring something like that here in the uk. No idea about elsewhere but they would likely cancel those orders. I brought up the des disland thing because I know for a fact tesco take nonsense preorders form time to time so they'd have no issue cancelling regardless not to ply it's a real price.

But yes I do understand they shoot for the moon so they can adjust down later. It was kind of my point haha it's just a placeholder.

Speely

Banned
Oct 31 - Halloween: trick or treating. Nintendo is tricking us with a treat (or treating us like tricks.)

Jimi HeNdriX: Found a new way to play. NX is a new way to play. Jimi is part of the 27 club.

Oct 31-27= 4.

4th is a lock.

Laura from LPVG liked this tweet, imminent reveal totes confirmed https://twitter.com/sknygy/status/780305792989851649

I posted earlier in this thread that somebody on another forum had asked someone at EGX whether they knew anything about the NX. That someone was actually Laura and she had said Oct 4th. Apparently that is what she heard from her sources.

I don't know how credible that is though. Didn't want to say her name because i didn't want her to get inundated with questions on twitter.

Lol why?? What's going on? It's not like he revealed anything.

I posted earlier in this thread that somebody on another forum had asked someone at EGX whether they knew anything about the NX. That someone was actually Laura and she had said Oct 4th. Apparently that is what she heard from her sources.

I don't know how credible that is though. Didn't want to say her name because i didn't want her to get inundated with questions on twitter.

So she heard October 4th too? I know Pokémon trailer news is that day, but I would be happy to see Nintendo reveal it that day.

He said they would reveal it in a nintendo direct.

Why is Nintendo so damn strict? I swear Japan is way too strict. These guys over in America know our pain and they want to give us some hints here and there.

Well then.

Malus

THERE SHALL BE NO MENTION OF NX

SO DOTH DECLARES NINTENGOD

*throws lightning bolt*

don't disappoint me joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom