• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dino Crisis Sales Data, SKUs, Merch, Legacy, Cameo's, Magazine Covers, & Ads Compiled

soultron

Banned
But what does this all mean for DC4?

Definetly subscribed. Always like threads like this. Great Work.

Well, we need to get a DC3 first, but hey, that'd be progress.

I could really go for a Regina alt costume for Claire in RE2 Remake. Anyone else with me on this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*Clicks thread to check if its a jawmuncher thread, leaves satisfied

Bl@de

Well, we need to get a DC3 first, but hey, that'd be progress.

I could really go for a Regina alt costume for Claire in RE2 Remake. Anyone else with me on this?

Dino Crisis 3

Knock yourself out. Literally. Knock yourself out before you even consider playing this mediocre trash. People like to forget 3, but there already is a DC3.

Most likely scenario for a new DC game -> Reboot of the Franchise as "Dino Crisis"

Jawmuncher

Considering the length between games, and the time travel plot along with whatever they thought they were doing with 3. I'm 90% sure they a new game would be a reboot. Easiest way to start it and get a whole new group of fans on board.

soultron

Banned
Dino Crisis 3

Knock yourself out. Literally. Knock yourself out before you even consider playing this mediocre trash. People like to forget 3, but there already is a DC3.

Most likely scenario for a new DC game -> Reboot of the Franchise as "Dino Crisis"
Sorry, your link doesn't lead me anywhere, it's 404 game not found
please don't make me remember the DC3 we got. I've worked so hard to repress the memories.

I could go for a reboot too. Just as long as it's not in space.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah let's pray Dino May Cry is true.

Make the hero say... Tyrone! Last son of the tyrant king, a dinosaur who boned a human so that he has awesome dinosaur powers while eating pizza hotdogs.

Jawmuncher

Small Update: Someone uploaded the Dino Crisis Press Kit from awhile back. Checked it out and sadly there wasn't much to uncover. However there are two interesting videos. One is a just showing off the game with some generic rock music playing, and the other is a Jurassic Park style video, Where is shows the logo and you hear the Trex stomps.

Gameplay Reel: https://youtu.be/fBJqIalOlm0
Logo Video: https://youtu.be/T-d9ZUMMWig

There was also some promo images but nothing people haven't seen before. Though the Trex renders dont show up often. Also posted the screenshots they had on the disc just because.

dinocrisisdigitalpreskcs8a.jpg
dinocrisisdigitalpresq0ssg.jpg
dinocrisisdigitalpresdjsjl.jpg
dinocrisisdigitalpresv8sqs.jpg

Jawmuncher

So got a hold of the VA for Regina. Capcom has never contacted her after she did her work for DC2. Not much of a surprise but was curious if perhaps something had fell through at some point.

Saruwatari

Neo Member
A really great work, OP.

There was a survey's poll too in May 2011 on the Capcom Europe site where they asked about what franchises we would like to see rebooted.

Well, Dino Crisis won to a large advantage, followed by Breath of Fire, with 50% of votes. Unfortunately, I could not find the image with the franchise votes, but some guy (xD) posted the results on Capcom Europe's forum.

Captain Commando = 4,1%
Dino Crisis = 47,5%
Onimusha = 14,3%
Power Stone = 5,9%
Breath of Fire = 23,4%
Strider = 4,2%
Saturday Night Slam Masters = 0,6%

That's all I have. Again, you've been great, OP. ;)

Jawmuncher

A really great work, OP.

There was a survey's poll too in May 2011 on the Capcom Europe site where they asked about what franchises we would like to see rebooted.

Well, Dino Crisis won to a large advantage, followed by Breath of Fire, with 50% of votes. Unfortunately, I could not find the image with the franchise votes, but some guy (xD) posted the results on Capcom Europe's forum.

Captain Commando = 4,1%
Dino Crisis = 47,5%
Onimusha = 14,3%
Power Stone = 5,9%
Breath of Fire = 23,4%
Strider = 4,2%
Saturday Night Slam Masters = 0,6%

That's all I have. Again, you've been great, OP. ;)

Thanks for this

Unknown?

Dino Crisis 3

Making a crappy game was a mistake but making it only for Xbox was the biggest mistake. On PS2 it probably would have done just well enough for a revamped sequel.

Roni

Gold Member
It's been long enough time I don't actually remember the solution to the puzzles in Dino Crisis. Perfect time for a replay.

Those PSN releases are for PS3 or PS4?

Saruwatari

Neo Member
What? No. I always felt that it would have. Made more sense for Dino Crisis to go the action route.

Well, the first wasn't so action at all, but the second offered enhanced mechanics and addictive gameplay, despite some wierd fights, like Dylan shooting a T-rex with a Tank...

I think survival horror route seems more reasonable for me, but jawmuncher seems to enjoy more action from DC ;D

NEO0MJ

Well, the first wasn't so action at all, but the second offered enhanced mechanics and addictive gameplay, despite some wierd fights, like Dylan shooting a T-rex with a Tank...

I think survival horror route seems more reasonable for me, but jawmuncher seems to enjoy more action from DC ;D

2 is the one I played and remembered the most so maybe that's why.

Saruwatari

Neo Member
So, what can we learn about recent actions from Capcom referents to Dino Crisis franchise?

They literally forgot about Dino Crisis 3 (thank god), posting only DC1 e DC2 soundtracks on Spotify, and only both games on PSN.

But that's what intrigues me, what do they want to do? Remake? Sequence? Reboot?

If they wanted to do a reboot, they would not post anything else on Dino Crisis.

If they wanted to make a sequence, they would not leave aside the 3rd (although this is not connected to anything), or maybe other games like Gun Survivor 3, which has a reference to the two previous games.

4Ef7DaQ.gif

Jawmuncher

Won't add this to the archive. But I was just informed of this Jojo ad that for mentions both Resident Evil and Dino Crisis.
"Two of the biggest franchises ever"
biggest franchses ever, Dino Crisis.....this hurts
c56diesxmaa0dpk3uu01.jpg

Top Bottom