• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs in Battlefield 4 - New Information from Drift0r (Video)

The Flash

Banned
battlefiled_3_dino_by_syntheticparadox-d3zs1bm.jpg

While at the Battlefield 4 EA event in Los Angeles, YouTuber Drift0r asked a member of an EA team who was there if there were going to be dinosaurs in BF4. This happened after one of their play sessions where he and the other YouTubers were put in a conference room and asked by an EA marketing team to comment on the state of the game. After Drift0r asked this question, one particular EA guy became frustrated and said that he was not allowed to talk about dinosaurs and wanted to move on. The group repeatedly asked the guy about the dinosaurs until the EA guy let slip that after the Los Angeles event, he had to write a massive report on dinosaur popularity and hand it in to his boss. He also mentioned that everyone at EA and DICE are very much aware of the demand for a dinosaur mode and that he could not confirm or deny the mode's existence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXz9C-nGWbg

Drift0r finishes the video by saying that because EA is aware of people's desire to see dinosaurs in Battlefield, we should continue to let DICE and EA know that we actually want this to be in the game and not just be a joke on the Internet.

Eojay

Neo Member
I've been kinda "ehhhh..." on BF4 so far, but some kind of dino mode would definitely kick me towards picking the game up.

They can make a little story about opposing carriers in the Bermuda triangle getting sucked into a time vortex and ending up in the jurassic period.

Jawmuncher

If battlefield 4 has to usher in the new Era of dinosaur gaming so be it.
I'll buy it Day 1. Besides let's be serious here COD has Zombies right? Makes sense to be that Battlefield should have a "Dinosaur" mode. Those DLC packs can make money.

Amir0x

Banned
This guy didn't really let anything slip - Nirolak posted a topic about a survey months ago that included a Battlefield 4 DLC that had Dinosaurs in it.

Although, I thought they already announced the DLC they were going with and none of them had dinosaurs? Or do we just not know what they contain yet?

I'm still confused as to what this dinosaur inclusion would entail, exactly. Soldiers vs dinos? Playable dinos? Are they mounts? Does it include herbivores and carnivores? Flying dinosaurs?

All of the above? What's the expectation, here.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm still confused as to what this dinosaur inclusion would entail, exactly. Soldiers vs dinos? Playable dinos? Are they mounts? Does it include herbivores and carnivores? Flying dinosaurs?

All of the above? What's the expectation, here.

Dinos with guns mounted on them is my hope. I also want to see a Pterodactyl dogfight a jet.

Odrion

Banned
I don't want any of the Premium DLC slots for BF4 wasted on some Dinosaur gimmick.

Make it a stand alone $15 game like Battlefield 1943.

The Flash

Banned
This guy didn't really let anything slip - Nirolak posted a topic about a survey months ago that included a Battlefield 4 DLC that had Dinosaurs in it.

Although, I thought they already announced the DLC they were going with and none of them had dinosaurs? Or do we just not know what they contain yet?

DICE has little one sentence descriptions for all of the DLCs but because Battlefield is a two year franchise, there's always the possibility that they can make another DLC later.

Amir0x

Banned
Ah, found it.

EA Survey Reveals Battlefield 4 DLC Ideas

The third DLC (if real) was seemingly designed for the Game Rant staff and is all about Dinosaurs… The idea mentioned something about co-op where players use old school weapons (bow and arrow) to fight dinosaurs. The user can’t remember the exact name suggestions but mentioned one interesting one: Battlefield 4: 21942 BC as a neat and fun play on the original Battlefield 1942 game name.

And this topic by Nirolak was only a few days ago, DICE on Dinosaur Mode: "Sounds very sexy"; "would fit Battlefield universe very well"

So, yeah, it's coming, since the last topic was only from a week or two ago, and that just sounds like a tease for something that is definitely coming.

Instead of crashing airplanes, you'd be crashing Pteranodons.

What we REALLY need is dinosaurs in Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Darth Vader mounting a T-rex chasing after Chewbacca on a raptor.

I have no idea why they won't commit to it. Aren't the executives demanding a mode similar to Call of Duty's zombies ? Just copy that, but substitute the zombies with dinosaurs. It'll automatically be better.

After Drift0r asked this question, one particular EA guy became frustrated and said that he was not allowed to talk about dinosaurs and wanted to move on. The group repeatedly asked the guy about the dinosaurs until the EA guy let slip that after the Los Angeles event, he had to write a massive report on dinosaur popularity and hand it in to his boss.

This is so awesome. I wish gamers did more stuff like this.

Mdk7

PLEASE DO IT.
It's the one and only way i could ever care about Battlefield. :D

I would buy it in a heartbeat, seriously.

Mahonay

Banned
When did people start wanting dinosaurs in a battleifled game
It became a weird meme amongst the Battlefield community around the time BF3 first came out. DICE, being very involved in the community, picked up on it. DICE has since scattered around dinosaur easter eggs around different DLC maps.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Just make it like CODBLOPS' Zombie Mode where there's no real explanation for why they're there; you just have multiplayer modes where you get to mount, fight alongside and battle opposing teams on the saurian brutes. So, yeah, basically a AAA Dino Rider game.

This would really seriously get me to buy a Battlefield game.

Top Bottom