• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Director of FF Agito XIII and The Third Birthday shares updates on Twitter

duckroll

http://twitter.com/SQEX_MEMBERS_JP/status/12451183984
http://twitter.com/SQEX_MEMBERS_JP/status/12451252843

Hajime Tabata, the director of FF Agito XIII and The Third Birthday, has shared some updates on the two projects on the S-E Members twitter account. He says the The Third Birthday has been rushing towards mass production since the start of this year, which I assume means crunch time. He is proud of the fact that the elite team behind the game has exceeded everyone's expectations, and he looks forward to unveiling the game to the public very soon.

For FF Agito XIII, the game is still in the tuning stage of development, and they recently had an internal showing of the development version in March. The producers, managers, and marketing team members were all very positive about the title, and the morale in the development team is extremely high. He asks fans to continue to wait a bit more for the game to be fully unveiled.

Nice to know we're finally get more info on The Third Birthday soon. Man, how long ago were both these games first revealed?

Hopefully 'soon' means a normal persons understanding of soon, not the SE meaning which could be anywhere between a long way away and just before the end of time.

Although if the PSP2 is closing in on release as expected, they'll probably be wanting to get a move on.

I'm calling vaporware (twitterware?) until he twitpics it!

I'm glad to see that 3rd Birthday will probably come out first, its the one I'm more interested in of the two personally... I look forward to playing it next summer :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if we'll see either at E3... and if this was the reason Nomura had to ask Hashimoto if there would be room to show Versus XIII...

duckroll

Die Squirrel Die said:
Hopefully 'soon' means a normal persons understanding of soon, not the SE meaning which could be anywhere between a long way away and just before the end of time.

Soon probably means E3 at this rate. It doesn't look like there's going to be a S-E Party this year either, although the game being fully unveiled in Famitsu first is not out of the question.

Although if the PSP2 is closing in on release as expected, they'll probably be wanting to get a move on.

I doubt this has any impact on their development at all. S-E has never been one to support new hardware at launch, nor have they had any opposition to releasing games on systems even after the release of the next generation. It'll be years before we ever see a proper 3DS or PSP2 game from S-E.

Is Agito XIII still really going to release on the PSP? Surely the new PSP will be at least announced by the time we hear more concrete information about it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MikeE21286 said:
Is Agito XIII still really going to release on the PSP? Surely the new PSP will be at least announced by the time we hear more concrete information about it.

Probably.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Damn you for teasing us again!

Now where's Versus?

Spiegel

So Agito XIII has no chance of being released this year in Japan and The Third Birthday is going to be their typical big end of the year release for psp.

:/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spiegel said:
So Agito XIII has no chance of being released this year in Japan and The Third Birthday is going to be their typical big end of the year release for psp.

If so it will fall short compared to Crisis Core and Dissidia + they already had KH at the beginning of 2010. It does make sense for the to not go head to head with Monter Hunter Portable 3rd.

duckroll

Spiegel said:

I think both games will make it out this year. The Third Birthday is not going to be a year end title.

Spiegel

duckroll said:
I think both games will make it out this year. The Third Birthday is not going to be a year end title.

But we know nothing about these games and frankly, this is Square Enix. I expect no less than 4 months between the first "real" reveal of The Third Birthday and the release date.
And Agito XIII should be a bigger game so more months will pass between the first real reveal and the release date.

I'd love to be wrong, though

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If E3 had Versus XIII, Agito XIII, and 3rd Birthday altogether. I'd shit in my pants forever.

duckroll

Spiegel said:
But we know nothing about these games and frankly, this is Square Enix. I expect no less than 4 months between the first "real" reveal of The Third Birthday and the release date.
And Agito XIII should be a bigger game so more months will pass between the first real reveal and the release date.

I'd love to be wrong, though

It's true, normally for any major PSP title there's at least almost a year between the first playable demo at a game show and the game's actual release. It was true for Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Birth by Sleep.

What puzzles me is that there is no way I see The Third Birthday as title as "big" as those. The next big S-E PSP game is clearly Agito XIII. If Agito was playable at TGS last year, or Jump Festa, I would certainly say it is a Dec 2010 release. Unfortunately it seems they might have deliberately held back on showing Agito to give FFXIII and BbS to have all the attention they needed before release.

This could mean that Agito is still ready for a late 2010 release, but that they simply chose to change their marketing plans from before. Or it could mean Agito is a 2011 release. As for The Third Birthday, I really don't see them giving it the same treatment as previous S-E PSP releases, and it'll likely be playable at E3, but if they unveil it for Japan in Famitsu by May, E3 could be used as a build up to the release in August or September. Who knows though.

All I know is that spending 3 years on developing a Parasite Eve title on the PSP is really way too much time and resources, and Agito is going to give FFXIII itself a run for its money in terms of a dragged on development cycle.

Cep

Banned
duckroll said:
The producers, managers, and marketing team members were all very positive about the title, and the moral in the development team is extremely high. He asks fans to continue to wait a bit more for the game to be fully unveiled.
*douche-y pedant mode*

Morale.

*douche-y pedant mode*

:D

As for the news: meh.

Need to see more than CG before I throw in my support for Third Birthday.

duckroll

Cep said:
*douche-y pedant mode*

Morale.

*douche-y pedant mode*

:D

As for the news: meh.

Need to see more than CG before I throw in my support for Third Birthday.

Yes, I'm sorry. I don't know how I made that mistake. I accept responsibility. :(

ULTROS! said:
If E3 had Versus XIII, Agito XIII, and 3rd Birthday altogether. I'd shit in my pants forever.

Those sound like good appetizers for the main course... Kingdom Hearts: Coded! :D

Its been so long, I hope it turned into a full blown 2D remake of KH1 instead of whatever it was meant to be

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
HamPster PamPster said:
Those sound like good appetizers for the main course... Kingdom Hearts: Coded! :D

Its been so long, I hope it turned into a full blown 2D remake of KH1 instead of whatever it was meant to be

That's a cell phone game...

duckroll

HamPster PamPster said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Kingdom Hearts Coded is already released. In fact, it was released in chapters and it was completed shortly after BbS was released. The ending ties into BbS' ending as well.

duckroll said:
I don't know what you're talking about. Kingdom Hearts Coded is already released. In fact, it was released in chapters and it was completed shortly after BbS was released. The ending ties into BbS' ending as well.

What the... :(

I thought it became a full on PSP game at some point. Oh well

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kagari said:
Such teases...
Basically. At least we know we should be getting 3rd Birthday info soon. If that really is coming out first then Shimomura sure has been busy lately!

Haunted

HamPster PamPster said:
What the... :(

I thought it became a full on PSP game at some point.
Watch this, duckroll. You can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half. And... now!

200px-i_love_lisa.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
More than anything, I'm intensely curious to see what Third Birthday ends up being.

Pooya

I hope both games come out this year. it's been a long time since these two were announced. PSP is going to get some very good games in near future.

ULTROS!

IIRC, 3rd birthday will be a third person shooter or something right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
I just noticed I don't have a single post in that thread. If I recall, it was because I was busy updating and posting on the actual S-E Party thread that year... right?

Yep. I'm a bit sad they're not having anything again this year though :(

duckroll

ULTROS! said:
IIRC, 3rd birthday will be a third person shooter or something right?

Yes. It's an "action RPG", but it supposedly plays like a third person shooter with a focus on weapon customization and stuff. Beyond that no one knows.

Sacha

Just saw that Kamikokuryo was the art director for The 3rd Birthday... So we just had Kamikokuryo + Hamauzu for FFXIII, and we'll be getting :

- Yoshida + Uematsu for FFXIV
- Naora + Ishimoto for Agito XIII
- Ohdachi + Shimomura for Versus XIII
- Kamikokuryo + Shimomura for The 3rd Birthday

Lookin' good.

Top Bottom