• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Dirt 3 Developer Diaries And Gameplay Footage

Diablohead

Member
Jun 4, 2006
43,511
0
0
1-D_FTW said:
F1 2010 was DD only in the US. It's possible Dirt 3 is going the same way.
F1 2010 had a retail release in the UK but it was highly limited, as in the box was pulled about 3 weeks before release so it's a real limited thing to have, main reason why I am going with a preorder of a boxed dirt 3, only place I can find it in the UK and it's an online store.

It's a shame codies are doing that with their racing games lately, I love download titles but some games just ask to be in a box for the collection, such as colin mcrae games.

*edit* sucks that I will have to play in DX9 mode on my gtx 260 but it should still look killer, Dirt 2 does and that's over a year old now.
 

Chiaroscuro

Member
Oct 26, 2006
5,510
0
0
Diablohead said:
F1 2010 had a retail release in the UK but it was highly limited, as in the box was pulled about 3 weeks before release so it's a real limited thing to have, main reason why I am going with a preorder of a boxed dirt 3, only place I can find it in the UK and it's an online store.

It's a shame codies are doing that with their racing games lately, I love download titles but some games just ask to be in a box for the collection, such as colin mcrae games.

*edit* sucks that I will have to play in DX9 mode on my gtx 260 but it should still look killer, Dirt 2 does and that's over a year old now.

There are tons of boxed F1 2010 sitting on the shelves here in Brazil.
 

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jun 7, 2004
25,431
0
1,680
Orgun said:
Pre-ordered Dirt 3 on steam and got Dirt 2 for free, I put 11 hours in over two days :p So much fun. I hope they've kept the Gatecrashers mode, I really enjoy that one.

i too really enjoyed that mode, but sadly, iirc, it is one that was scrapped in dirt 3 :(
 

Diablohead

Member
Jun 4, 2006
43,511
0
0
patrickthehedgehog said:
Is anyone buying the R/C car bundle? I have to say I'm tempted... Someone mentioned earlier that it isn't a very good deal, but what better could you get for $250?
Well you can buy a good brand subaru 08 with remote and charger for £150ish, dunno what brand the LE car will be.
 
Apr 16, 2009
13,650
0
855
Neuromancer said:
Who's making the OT?

That's what I asked and everyone ignored me =(

There was a small Dirt OT and no one even bothered making a Dirt 2 OT. GAF stop ignoring our only rally racing franchise this generation.
 

Kyaw

Member
Jun 5, 2010
5,558
0
590
Solihull, UK
Well, someone's gotta provide the OT!

I'm up for making graphics and banners if anyone needs me.
I made the Witcher 2 OT's banners (shameless plugging)
 

1-D_FTW

Member
Jun 14, 2006
17,069
0
0
Square Triangle said:
That's what I asked and everyone ignored me =(

There was a small Dirt OT and no one even bothered making a Dirt 2 OT. GAF stop ignoring our only rally racing franchise this generation.

If you're nominating yourself for the job, I second the motion. It's yours. This was pretty much Dirt 2's official thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370939

The bar is set pretty low. Put OT in the title and you'll probably have it beat.
 
Apr 27, 2009
9,969
1
0
Bay Area
Can't wait for this game. I would love for this game to have an OT. This might be the game where I will try to use the clutch pedal on my G27 this time around.
 

BoilersFan23

Member
May 1, 2007
1,864
2
1,250
Maryland
I liked DiRT a lot. DiRT 2 I didn't enjoy as much due to higher difficulty and controls didn't feel as great to me (still played good). I'm taking a wait and see on this.
 

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Aug 18, 2006
21,597
364
1,750
NYC
BoilersFan23 said:
I liked DiRT a lot. DiRT 2 I didn't enjoy as much due to higher difficulty and controls didn't feel as great to me (still played good). I'm taking a wait and see on this.



I'm the opposite, I detested DiRT and loved DiRT 2 and the finesse required when driving.. Dirt 1's handling felt like total light shit I didn't like it.
 

Sethos

Banned
Apr 9, 2009
18,138
0
0
Denmark
Slayer-33 said:
I'm the opposite, I detested DiRT and loved DiRT 2 and the finesse required when driving.. Dirt 1's handling felt like total light shit I didn't like it.

With you. Didn't really 'click' with DiRT 1. Completed it and all but never really loved it. DiRT 2 however felt so much more refined, awesome damage system, so fun to play and the handling wasn't realism but it was so snappy, felt just right.
 

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jun 7, 2004
25,431
0
1,680
Square Triangle said:
That's what I asked and everyone ignored me =(

There was a small Dirt OT and no one even bothered making a Dirt 2 OT. GAF stop ignoring our only rally racing franchise this generation.

go for it. i'd do it, but i'd get ripped for not doing enough. not a fan of the PR OTs made these days.
 
Apr 16, 2009
13,650
0
855
Kyaw said:
Well, someone's gotta provide the OT!

I'm up for making graphics and banners if anyone needs me.
I made the Witcher 2 OT's banners (shameless plugging)


PM'd ya bud. I work until 5pm EST tomorrow, but could have an OT by night fall tomorrow. So I suppose we can construct one!
Title it, "No love for Dirt 3? |OT|

=P
 

Ken

Member
May 27, 2010
34,761
0
0
Just preordered the 360 version off Amazon thanks to the Giant Bomb TNT of Dirt 2 two weeks back. Never been great at racers but Dirt 2 looked too fun to not give Dirt 3 a try.
 

Kyaw

Member
Jun 5, 2010
5,558
0
590
Solihull, UK
I'll get the graphics done by tomorrow as i get back from school.

I've just been playing Witcher 2 for the whole evening and havent checked the thread or my PMs. :p
 
Apr 16, 2009
13,650
0
855
Shaneus said:
I am SO hoping that performance on my PC is more like Dirt 2 and less like F1 2010. Fucking impossible to get that game running well with a decent amount of detail.

Well F1 2010 ran on EGO 1.5, Dirt 3 is running on EGO 2.0. Dirt 2 was the first edition of the EGO game engine...so yeah. Maybe it's time to update a tad?
 

Diablohead

Member
Jun 4, 2006
43,511
0
0
I still have my cool shop boxed pc version pre-ordered, gotta be boxed for me so it can sit next to mcrae 2.0 and Dirt 2.

Square Triangle said:
Well F1 2010 ran on EGO 1.5, Dirt 3 is running on EGO 2.0. Dirt 2 was the first edition of the EGO game engine...so yeah. Maybe it's time to update a tad?
Is F1 on 1.5 because it was suppose to be a 2009 release but delayed nearly a year? it would explain a lot of things about the 360 performance and glitches.

*edit* scrap that I thought you said Dirt 2 was on 2.0
 

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Apr 25, 2007
1,014
0
950
I've got my Steam pre-order in, and I've got the G27 page on Amazon opened in another tab. Do I finally jump in and get a wheel?
 

Ken

Member
May 27, 2010
34,761
0
0
Could the OT include a small section of suggested wheels for people new to racing games (like myself :[ )?
 

AcridMeat

Banned
Jan 4, 2009
21,556
0
0
I agree I hope it is optimized better than F1 2010 was. I have strong hope because of how Dirt 2 plays.

I'm throwing around ideas of how I want to organize a league akin to the one for F1. Will need to mess around with the multiplayer and various modes to figure out the best way of doing it.
 
Apr 16, 2009
13,650
0
855
Shaneus said:
As in, update my hardware? 3.4GHz Q9550 with dual 5850s.
Ah I see. I didnt realize it was the games engine on the PC itself. Ive only played the codemasters games on the PS3 since there is no love for Mac.

Hopefully EGO 2.0 is better for sure in this case.

"Could the OT include a small section of suggested wheels for people new to racing games (like myself :[ )?"

When GT5 came out there was a thread iirc.